X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Band's Full Moon Freakshow

So Charles Band has started a podcast.

Here's some hype about it:

"Join trailblazing producer, director, best-selling author and B-movie mogul Charles Band as he invites you into his weird world. Every week, Charlie sits down in the epicenter of the Full Moon universe in Hollywood, telling true tales from the front lines of strange cinema and welcoming a cavalcade of his favorite famous humans to share space and spill all!

It’s the ULTIMATE pop culture sideshow; a funny, fascinating, insightful and often jaw-dropping exercise in un-PC fringe film culture banter, with one of genre film’s most iconic and enduring personalities serving as your ringmaster!"

You can listen to it here:

https://anchor.fm/fullmoonfreakshow

On the first episode, which came out today, he interviews John Carpenter.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oooo, this could be good. Band is willing to dish the dirt.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Somebody come back after a listen with some thoughts, please? This could be listenable, but ... it could also have all of his negatives, but only in audio form. "super sexy social media starlet Dare Taylor!" as a special guest isn't the attraction they seem to think it is.
      </oldmanyellingatclouds>

Comment

I listened to it as long as Carpenter was on. It wasn't bad at all.
        "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Really enjoyed watching Charles Band talk about himself whilst sitting next to Cassandra Peterson.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

This episode with Joe Bob is good.

In this first installment of an epic two-part chat, Charlie welcomes legendary film critic, author, writer, comedian, actor and tireless champion of all things weird, wild, wonderful and cinematically ridiculous, Joe Bob Briggs!

Comment

New one with Joe Dante!

This week's guest got his start - as so many other great talents did - working for Roger Corman during the heyday of New World Pictures, first with the spastic comedy HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD and later with the ferocious Killer fish classic PIRANHA. He chased this early success with 1981’s THE HOWLING, w…

Comment

Previous episode with John Waters.

This week Charlie welcomes one of the founding fathers of transgressive cinema; a man who broke all the rules and managed to magically make high art out of bad taste. His early films like Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble and multiple maniacs secured him a rabid cult following of weirdos and his more m…

Comment

Working...
                X