• Cat People Coming To UHD

Coming 6/28/22 from Scream Factory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FPf3OKuXIAYxFPk.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	390635
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Excellent, love this one and the Blu I have looks awful.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

In love with this crazy ass movie.

Comment

This movie is absolutely bananas in the best possible way, I love it dearly.

A few summers ago, my wife & I watched both this and the 1942 version in close proximity and she was absolutely appalled when I mentioned that original is generally held in far higher critical esteem than the remake; "those people are crazy!", etc.

I kind of agree, to be honest.

(I still don't do 4K, but definitely up for picking up a new blu-ray if such becomes available.)
        https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
        http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Let's just hope all the dirt about Schrader's treatment of Kinski stays buried and it's not cancelled at the request of the baying mob.

Comment

Interesting. I'd never heard anything about Schrader mistreating Kinski during the shoot. I remember reading something in the "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls" book about him being awkward around beautiful women (I think it was Margot Kidder who said it). It's not that surprising, really, I mean he did write TAXI DRIVER, plus he had a strict Dutch Calvinist upbringing.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Yeah, pretty fond of this one as well. Never picked up the last Blu because of the transfer, but i'll likely get this for the Blu if it comes out well.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                Interesting. I'd never heard anything about Schrader mistreating Kinski during the shoot. I remember reading something in the "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls" book about him being awkward around beautiful women (I think it was Margot Kidder who said it). It's not that surprising, really, I mean he did write TAXI DRIVER, plus he had a strict Dutch Calvinist upbringing.
                Apparently they were in a relationship and when they broke up he threatened to put privately shot sex footage into the film.

Comment

thank good! that old blu-ray looked like they put the old TV hd-master on the disc and didn't care about it.

Comment

There were a shitload of great special features from the DVD (including a Schrader commentary) that didn't make it onto the first Scream blu. Wonder if they'll be able to license them for this edition.
                    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                      There were a shitload of great special features from the DVD (including a Schrader commentary) that didn't make it onto the first Scream blu. Wonder if they'll be able to license them for this edition.
                      I guess that depends if the UHD is film only and they actually create a new Blu Ray rather than just putting the old one in like most distributors. I don't have any Shout 4ks so not sure what their MO is.

Comment

Schrader posts crazy stuff om FB all the time, I think he is beyond being cancelled at this point. And that online crowd tends to not pay any attention to 'art' films either, they get more worked up over superheroes and other mainstream genre films.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post

I guess that depends if the UHD is film only and they actually create a new Blu Ray rather than just putting the old one in like most distributors. I don't have any Shout 4ks so not sure what their MO is.
                          Their MO, so far, has been dual-format UHD/Blu-ray with the Blu-rays having the new transfer with all the special features.

Comment

Working...
                          X