Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post

TCM 3 or Leatherface 2017? I was talking about 2017,I enjoy TCM III
    TCM III. When it was cut to get the R rating, an executive at New Line Cinema ordered the footage that was deemed too extreme by the MPAA be destroyed completely. Apparently there are bootleg work prints, but even those are missing things that are totally lost.
    Darcy Parker
    Last edited by Darcy Parker; 10-14-2022, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

It's a shame that New Line destroyed the negatives for the cut footage from Leatherface. We will never know what that movie could have been.
      It was common back then. All those extra negatives take up space. The only reason we have the uncut Friday the 13th is Warner, who handled international distribution, had the footage that Paramount had to cut for the R. Paramount destroyed extra negs back then too.

Comment

Count me in as part of the group that thinks this sucked hard. I actually watched it late one night last week back in my hotel room in Paris. Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

TCM III. When it was cut to get the R rating, an executive at New Lin eCinema ordered the footage that was deemed too extreme by the MPAA be destroyed completely. Apparently there are bootleg work prints, but even those are missing things that are totally lost.
          Yea,then IIRC there is scenes that are in one of the scripts and appeared in the Northstar published Leatherface TCM III Comic mini series.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post

I wasn’t even aware of the contribution to the franchise by the French directing duo, it’s the only one I’ve not seen.
            Being a completist, I decided to give this a look on the only service where it seems to be available, Pluto (and of course, tolerate the endless, out-of-nowhere ad breaks). Yeah, it was pretty dreary. Coincidentally, that same week I watched the directing duo’s recent work, THE DEEP HOUSE, on Hulu. The gimmick for that one is that it’s about a haunted house submerged in a lake that is being explored by a couple for their vlog. It had some nice underwater photography, but typical of a lot of horror flicks, many of its “scares” seemed arbitrary and illogical in the context of the plot. I’ve now seen nearly all the pair’s movies (with the exception of INSIDE; I know that’s considered their best, but it’s not quite to my tastes), but so far haven’t enjoyed any.
            VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post

Yea,then IIRC there is scenes that are in one of the scripts and appeared in the Northstar published Leatherface TCM III Comic mini series.
              From what I have gleaned, the comic was based on a rough cut somewhere in the middle of the editing process, so there was stuff there that wasn't in the released film, but there was still more that was already lost.

Comment

Finally got round to watching this. 'kin 'ell, that was bad! Maybe the worst of the bunch. It looked so cheap with the world's smallest town backlot (most spaghetti western towns look expansive compared to this), uninspired lifeless photography and crap music. Just so dumb. It wasn't even redeemed by the gore. I never thought I wouldn't enjoy watching a load of social media influencer types getting cut open. But then Tobe Hooper did it better 36 years ago with the most loathed group in society of that time. Kim Henkel could have directed a more professional looking film.

And to think, I was disappointed this wasn't getting a physical release.
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                X