Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slasher Video Re-releasing Boardinghouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slasher Video Re-releasing Boardinghouse?

A Facebook post by Slasher Video, the guys who recently put out Death Nurse, indicates that they're working on DVD release of Boardinghouse (long out of print from Code Red) and Death Nurse II.

I still need to get the first Death Nurse disc... anyone have it yet?

They also uploaded this clip which may be from the extras on the Boardinghouse disc...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

What? Was Code Red's so sought after to warrant a new version of the (awesome) clunker?

God the music is AWFUL. But Jim the Landlord is in it so all is good. I'll bet they filmed that video at the same time as the "movie". Same pool.

Comment

It's been out of print for a long time and goes for some good money - so I'd imagine there's some demand for a reissue.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

They should get the Cinema Snob involved with the release of Death Nurse 2.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          It's been out of print for a long time and goes for some good money - so I'd imagine there's some demand for a reissue.
          Maybe you should buy mine from me.

Comment

Awwwww yeah.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh I'll double dip. I can't get enough of this movie.

Comment

2 hours and 40 minute director's cut? Hmmm....overkill?

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
                  2 hours and 40 minute director's cut? Hmmm....overkill?
                  About three hours too long for me...;)
                  "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Gary, you're missing the beauty of that which is this piece of poop.

Comment

I suffered...I mean sat through a dvd of it last year and it was just painful. It was like getting a rectal exam from Captain Hook.
                      "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Maybe its nostalgia for me. I watched it so many times as a teenager. A real life changer.

Comment

So it seems this will be a new transfer with some correctional work done to it to improve the quality of the image.

From Facebook, some shots of the two versions on a monitor (not screen grabs, obviously).

Old:

Click image for larger version

Name:	old.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	342599

New:

Click image for larger version

Name:	new.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	342600
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Another update....

"So I am going to challenge myself...starting boardinghouse from Scratch beginning next week. Having to travel for commentary, interviews, rendering, music mastering, art, producing both regular & directors cut w/ tom, etc. I am giving it a release date of 5//01//2013. I will post progress daily so everyone can see the initial process to the final product. Hope everyone likes a ton of posts & updates cuz there will be a lot."
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

"Great news for the BoardingHouse dvd...I will be including the original version of BH which will be remastered, and also the director's cut version, but it will have the very rare alternate ending."
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X