No announcement yet.

the original NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET and its sequels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm re-watching Part 2. It's held up pretty well and it's one of the better films in the franchise. Though, I seem to be in the minority here who thinks Part 3 is the best so what do I know?

Has a lot of great moments, great transformation scene, I love the looks of Freddy's claw once he's taken possession of Jesse. The pool scene is dumb but really awesome at the same time.

"You are all my children now!"
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

This is kinda rad.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Pretty good. Pretty good.
        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Nice attention to detail on the fright glove.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Englund recently did an interview in which he talks about the future of Freddy...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

He thinks he's too old to play Freddy in a subsequent film, but not Freddy in a prequel? Isn't that backwards? ;)

Comment

A prequel would be interesting.
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I'd be down for a prequel if done right. That idea Englund mentioned in that interview about it half being about Freddy's crimes then having the legal case coming to the forefront sounds pretty good, sort of like Friedkin's Rampage (1987). The only thing that's iffy about that is everyone already knows the outcome of the trail and what happens to Freddy after so it might prove somewhat challenging to make it intense but if done right it'd be a great watch I think.
                  LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Craven would need to direct it too for me to even bother.

Comment

Meh, prequel is just a molester/killer flick with a crispy ending. I know the franchise has seen low moments, but this direction would be the worst yet. I want a villain that kills you in your sleep in your most feared fashion. Adding "depth" to this character blows away his mystique and makes him less scary. Look at the whole "Son of a hundred maniacs" bullshit they added on. The first? Holy fuck, creepy. Then he became TV and they had to add more, like the Hellraiser flicks. Creepy, evil villains for no reason is perfect horror.
                      It's A NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST not SILENCE OF THE LAMBS.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat's Eyes View Post
                        I'd be down for a prequel if done right. That idea Englund mentioned in that interview about it half being about Freddy's crimes then having the legal case coming to the forefront sounds pretty good, sort of like Friedkin's Rampage (1987). The only thing that's iffy about that is everyone already knows the outcome of the trail and what happens to Freddy after so it might prove somewhat challenging to make it intense but if done right it'd be a great watch I think.
                        Wasn't thi s pretty much covered in the pilot of the tv show they made?...didn't TOBE HOOPER direct it too???

Dont need ann "origins" story..

Dont need a prequel.....

Dont need a remake/reboot....

We need more stories told in a creepy, scary, hallucinogenic dream-state movie where Freddy scares the shit out of you again.....

and, no Englund is still ok to play Freddy...even when he IS too old, they need him for his voice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
                          Creepy, evil villains for no reason is perfect horror.
                          Exactly why I hate Halloween 6. Thorn? What bullshit.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

HOW MUCH TERROR CAN YOU HANDLE????

Click image for larger version

Name:	CFd9m0RUEAETOhD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	348356
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the series. The concept is brilliant but the delivery is commercial and a bit dull. All the same I have very fond memories of number 3. I first saw it when I was 7 years old and haven't seen it since but the scene with this very kindly nurse burned itself into my retinas to the extent that I still recall it clearly today:

As I recall, horrible, horrible 80s hair but totally timeless tits.
                                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
                                X