the original HALLOWEEN and its sequels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post

I've heard that the bloke who did the 2018 Halloween film, that was the first of a triology, is going to do exactly the same thing with The Exorcist & do another triology. The latter will be another pointless exorcise in re-booting stuff.
    Yick. No thank you.

Comment

• Watched ENDS a few days ago and.... I enjoyed it. Not a masterpiece but I like that they did something different with it, I thought most of the performances were decent and I liked they way that they finished up Michael and Laurie's collective story. Some decent kills, a weird sense of dark humor to much of it. Not bad at all, in my opinion and a huge step up from KILLS.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Yeah, it's a good movie. I think a lot of people went in wanting to hate it because they were so butthurt by KILLS. I think it's being unfairly dismissed.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
          Yeah, it's a good movie. I think a lot of people went in wanting to hate it because they were so butthurt by KILLS. I think it's being unfairly dismissed.
          My dislike for KILLS sent me into this one wanting to love it. I just didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

My dislike for KILLS sent me into this one wanting to love it. I just didn't.
            That's allowed.

Hell, I'm one of the (very) few who thought KILLS was decent. The first half wasn't bad at all, it's just the silly, annoying second half ("Evil dies tonight") that derailed it for me.

Comment

• Oh, and Andi Matichak....

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

That's allowed.

Hell, I'm one of the (very) few who thought KILLS was decent. The first half wasn't bad at all, it's just the silly, annoying second half ("Evil dies tonight") that derailed it for me.
                A bunch of us were yelling that for the next few weeks after having seen it, haha. In response to EVERYTHING.

Need to buy mustard? EVIL DIES TONIGHT!!!

Comment

• finally had the balls to watch ends, and while it's clearly better than kills it's still a turd...

the first scene and the title credits are really good but it goes downhill pretty fast after that. I don't know why they even bothered to tell us this new story about unknown loser kid becoming the next michael myers, when they didn't have the balls to pull it through and kill him off. it's like "ehh wait a sec. ... wasn't this supposed to be the grand finale with laurie and old michael?! okay, let's forget about this prick and wrap this shit up". Am I really expected to applaud them because they tried something different first but got cold feet? the premise wasn't even new or original in the first place and I got strong bad peter parker vibes (spider man 3) when the dude started his bad guy transformation

THANK GOD blumhouse is done raping the halloween-franchise for now!

Comment

• Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
                    finally had the balls to watch ends, and while it's clearly better than kills it's still a turd...

the first scene and the title credits are really good but it goes downhill pretty fast after that. I don't know why they even bothered to tell us this new story about unknown loser kid becoming the next michael myers, when they didn't have the balls to pull it through and kill him off. it's like "ehh wait a sec. ... wasn't this supposed to be the grand finale with laurie and old michael?! okay, let's forget about this prick and wrap this shit up". Am I really expected to applaud them because they tried something different first but got cold feet? the premise wasn't even new or original in the first place and I got strong bad peter parker vibes (spider man 3) when the dude started his bad guy transformation

Ha! That comparison is perfect.

Comment

finally had the balls to watch ends, and while it's clearly better than kills it's still a turd...

It's even worse when you consider the Bad Peter stuff in Spider-Man 3 was mainly bad due to Sony forcing Sam Raimi to compress a planned trilogy into one single movie. The clownshoes who did the new Halloween movies hard carte blanche to do as they pleased, and Ends was how they decided to wrap things up!

Comment

• While admittedly not an installment in the Halloween franchise, I enjoyed this short (Halloween Stalks) way more than the last two movies

https://youtu.be/W0JFvkJokMo
                        Anthony A
                        Last edited by Anthony A; 01-25-2023, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

It's even worse when you consider the Bad Peter stuff in Spider-Man 3 was mainly bad due to Sony forcing Sam Raimi to compress a planned trilogy into one single movie. The clownshoes who did the new Halloween movies hard carte blanche to do as they pleased, and Ends was how they decided to wrap things up!
                          ha you're right! this dude had carte blanche to direct three movies as he pleased and somehow got the idea to introduce a completely new character arc that goes pretty much nowhere in the final installment. it would have made sense if he introduced him earlier, did some kind of foreshadowing etc.

tolch pretty much nailed it months ago!

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                          Halloween Ends is a "Well, last one didn't work, so let's try all of those other ideas."
                          "oh man, they hated halloween kills what should we do?!" -"you know that old geezer who did the original made other horror flicks too ... you ever heard of a movie called christine?"
                          killer must kill again
                          Last edited by killer must kill again; 01-26-2023, 01:40 PM.

Comment

tolch pretty much nailed it months ago!

And that is NEVER a good sign.

Comment

• George P. Wilbuer has passed away.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...s-passed-away/
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I watched KILLS for the second time last night..... it's much worse than I initially thought. It really is a badly-constructed mess of a movie. It's even a bit pretentious. I think one of the major problems is Anthony Michael Hall - he seems to be going for an Oscar and just chews the scenery any time he's on screen. It's really annoying. I'm going to watch ENDS again this weekend and see how it holds up.

Comment

Working...
                                X