No announcement yet.

the original HALLOWEEN and its sequels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And as with the recent TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, we’re expected to believe a sexagenarian (or even septuagenarian) is able to perform some amazing physical feats (which, let’s face it, stalking and killing victims are) without much effort. Yeah, no.
    VHS will never die!

Comment

• NSM Records in Germany is giving the original a UHD release with a few different mediabook variants.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	394273

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	394274

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	394275

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	394276
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Can't recall if I've posted earlier but I'm a huge fan of the first film but find the sequels a bore, HIII aside which I quite like. The 2018 film was surprisingly good but Halloween Kills is trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy G View Post
          Can't recall if I've posted earlier but I'm a huge fan of the first film but find the sequels a bore, HIII aside which I quite like. The 2018 film was surprisingly good but Halloween Kills is trash.
          Haven’t read a comment that I could 100% ditto more than this!
          VHS will never die!

Comment

• Rumors are going around that Halloween IV The Curse Of Michael Meyers is going to get a UHD release via Shout.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• October 11th I read somewhere. I have the original and latest two (Kills sucked hard) on UHD, but really don't think I can be bothered to get the others (maybe 3) again. Unless money suddenly becomes no object.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• H20 is coming out on UHD too.

Comment

• Halloween Kills is getting a Best Buy exclusive steelbook in September.

Name:	293611576_1717872555222623_5967323035137386472_n.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	397088
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• In theaters 10/14/22.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I'm at the stage where I just want someone to drop napalm all over Haddonfield. The last one was so bad.

Comment

• I love this series because it is so polarizing and so damned random. I like H1, H2, 2018 and Kills, all I think are great, even though those themselves are not part of a single storyline.. I don't care for much of the rest, I find them rather disposable, though still enjoyable (with the odd exception). I also like the RZ reboots, and the fact that there is a multitude of different storylines across the 12 movies. There's very little like it! I do enjoy reading why people like the ones they do and the reasons for it, even the disaster/crazyness that is part 6. (I never hear any defense of part 8 though, does anyone like Resurrection?)

Comment

• Coming 10/18/22 from Scream Factory.

Name:	FZB8PLxUIAAHfMV.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	398011
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Halloween Ends will also premiere on Peacock on 10/14.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Here's the full press release for the upcoming Shout Factory UHD Halloween 1995 - 2002 Collection release!

Presents…

THE HALLOWEEN 4K COLLECTION (1995 - 2002) 4K ULTRA HDTM + BLU-RAYTM COLLECTOR’S EDITIONAVAILABLE OCTOBER 4, 2022

Three classic Halloween sequels on 4K UHDTM for first time anywhere with new film transfers in one collection!

Los Angeles, CA – Scream Factory™ has announced the October 4th release of THE HALLOWEEN 4K COLLECTION (1995 - 2002), a 4K Ultra HDTM + Blu-rayTM Collector’s Edition set of three terrifying films from one of the most hallowed horror canons of all time. The 8-Disc set contains 4 UHD™ discs and 4 Blu-ray™ discs, on which are new 4K scans of the films Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Myers, Halloween: H20, and Halloween: Resurrection, as well as both the theatrical cut and producer’s cut of Curse of Michael Myers in 4K UHD, and all of the previously released extras plus some brand-new surprises, including new commentaries and interviews. THE HALLOWEEN 4K COLLECTION (1995 - 2002) is available now for pre-order on Amazon.com, Shoutfactory.com, Barnesandnoble.com, and other fine retailers.

In these three films from one of the longest running horror series in cinema history, Michael Myers takes on Tommy Doyle and Dr. Loomis with help from a mysterious cult, comes face to face with Laurie Strode again and slashes his way through the cast of a reality TV show!

Customers purchasing THE HALLOWEEN 4K COLLECTION (1995 - 2002) from Shoutfactory.com will receive three exclusive 18”x24” rolled posters featuring the new artwork for Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, and Halloween: Resurrection, while supplies last.

THE HALLOWEEN 4K COLLECTION (1995 - 2002):
                              DISC 1 - HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS (Theatrical Cut) - 4K ULTRA HD™
                              DISC 2 - HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS (Producer’s Cut) - 4K ULTRA HD™
                              DISC 3 - HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS (Theatrical Cut) - BLU-RAY™
                              DISC 4 - HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS (Producer’s Cut) - BLU-RAY™
                              DISC 5 - HALLOWEEN: H20 - 4K ULTRA HD™
                              DISC 6 - HALLOWEEN: H20 - BLU-RAY™
                              DISC 7 - HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION - 4K ULTRA HD™
                              DISC 8 - HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION - BLU-RAY™

SPECIAL FEATURES:

HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS

DISC 1 – (4K UHD – Theatrical Cut)
                              1. In Dolby Vision (HDR Compatible)
                              2. NEW 2022 4K scan from the original camera negative
                              3. NEW Audio Commentary with screenwriter Daniel Farrands and actresse Marianne Hagan, moderated by Filmmaker Michael Perez
                              DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0

DISC 2 – (4K UHD – Producers Cut)
                              3. Audio Commentary with Screenwriter Daniel Farrands and composer Alan Howarth

DISC 3 – (Blu-ray – Theatrical Cut)
                              1. NEW 2022 4K scan from the original camera negative
                              2. NEW Audio Commentary with screenwriter Daniel Farrands and actresse Marianne Hagan, moderated by Filmmaker Michael Perez
                              3. Theatrical Trailer
                              4. TV Spots
                              5. Still Gallery
                              6. Electronic Press Kit

DISC 4 – (Blu-ray – Producer’s Cut)

2. Audio Commentary with Screenwriter Daniel Farrands and composer Alan Howarth
                              3. Jamie’s Story – an interview with the original “Jamie” actress Danielle Harris
                              4. The Cursed “Curse” – An Interview with Producers Malek Akkad and Paul Freeman
                              5. Acting Scared – A look at the film’s cast with Actresses Mariah O’Brien and J.C. Brandy
                              6. The Shape of Things – A look at Michael Myers’ murders and mayhem with Special Make-Up Effects Artists John Buechler and Brad Hardin and actor George P. Wilbur (Michael Myers)
                              7. Haddonfield’s Horrors – The sights of HALLOWEEN 6 with Director of Photography Billy Dickson, Production Designer Brad Ryman and Director of Photography (additional scenes) Thomas Callaway
                              8. Full Circle – An Interview with Composer Alan Howarth
                              9. Cast and Crew Tribute to Donald Pleasence
                              10. Archival interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
                              11. Additional Behind the Scenes footage shot by screenwriter Daniel Farrands
                              12. Alternate and Deleted scenes (not present in either cut of the film)
                              13. Teaser Trailer: HALLOWEEN 666: THE ORIGIN OF MICHAEL MYERS

HALLOWEEN: H20

DISC 1 – (4K UHD)
                              3. Audio Commentary with director Steve Miner and actress Jamie Lee Curtis, moderated by Sean Clark

DISC 2 – (Blu-ray)
                              2. Audio Commentary with director Steve Miner and actress Jamie Lee Curtis, moderated by Sean Clark
                              3. Blood is Thicker than Water: The Making of HALLOWEEN H20 featuring interviews with producers Malek Akkad and Paul Freeman, writer Robert Zappia, actors Jamie Lee Curtis, Josh Hartnet, Jodi Lyn O’Keefe and more
                              4. Scenes with John Ottman’s Original Score
                              5. Vintage interviews and Behind-the-Scenes footage
                              6. Still Gallery
                              7. TV Spot
                              8. Theatrical Trailer

HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION

DISC 1 – (4K UHD)
                              3. Audio Commentary with director Rick Rosenthal and editor Robert A. Ferretti

DISC 2 – (Blu-ray)
                              2. NEW Haddonfield North – an interview with production designer Troy Hansen
                              3. NEW Sister, Screen Queen Sister – an interview with stunt coordinator and long-time Jamie Lee Curtis stunt double Donna Keegan
                              4. NEW Hell Raiser – an interview with special makeup effects coordinator Gary J. Tunnicliffe
                              5. NEW The Youngest Shape – an interview with actor Gary Clayton
                              6. NEW The Butcher and The Blade – an interview with actor Sean Patrick Thomas
                              7. NEW Tales from the Script – an interview with comic book author Stef Hutchinson
                              8. Audio Commentary with director Rick Rosenthal and editor Robert A. Ferretti
                              9. Deleted Scenes and Alternate Endings
                              10. Web Cam Special
                              11. Vintage interviews and Behind-the-Scenes footage
                              12. Head Cam
                              13. Storyboard Analysis
                              14. Set Tour
                              15. Set Interviews with cast and crew
                              16. Still Gallery
                              17. Home Video TV Spots
                              18. Theatrical Trailer

Four 4K ULTRA HD Discs: 2160p Ultra High-Definition HDR Widescreen (2.35:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & Stereo
                              Four BLU-RAY Discs: 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.35:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & Stereo
                              English SDH Subtitles/1995-2002/Approximate Feature Running Time: +/- 6 Hours

4K Ultra-HD with Dolby Vision HDR playback requires Dolby Vision-capable Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player and Dolby Vision-capable 4K UHD Television.

About Shout! Factory
                              Shout! Factory, LLC is a leading multi-platform media company devoted to film and TV distribution, development, and production. Founded by Richard Foos, Bob Emmer, and Garson Foos in 2003, Shout! owns and manages a large portfolio of films, contemporary and classic TV series, animation, and documentaries. The company’s creative acquisition mandate has established it as a leading independent distributor, with partners and properties including GKIDS, Sesame Street, LAIKA Studios, The Jim Henson Company, The Carol Burnett Show, The Johnny Carson Show, Stephen J. Cannell Productions, ALF, ITV Studios, Major League Baseball Productions, and many others. Shout! Factory Kids focuses on live-action and animated kids and family properties as well as anime, and the company releases films and television shows in other genres under the Scream Factory and Shout Select imprints. Shout! develops, acquires and distributes new films via Shout! Studios, owns and operates libraries including Mystery Science Theater 3000 (in partnership with creator Joel Hodgson) and the Roger Corman New Horizons Pictures Library and operates the acclaimed streaming service Shout! Factory TV. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.

Click image for larger version  Name:	halloween.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	399419
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I finally watched Resurrection yesterday, after watching H 2018 last weekend.

Both sucked, but at least the stupidity of Resurrection was more amusing than the turgid boredom for the first 3/4 of 2018, and the idiocy of the big twist.

Not bothering with the two sequels to 2018, McBride and his buddy can fuck right off.

Comment

Working...
                                X