Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahahaha

Comment

• Saw it yesterday. The first half is great, the second half is badly paced and goes on too long. Lots of good moments scattered throughout, but there was too much going on and I got bored. This has to be the goriest HALLOWEEN film yet and Michael scores a massive body count. I'd imagine there's going to be people complaining about certain things. Firefighter scene is one of the best in the film.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• I was barely entertained by the first half, and the second half sucked. This makes the 2018 film look like a masterpiece. And yeah, I get there's more coming, but getting a little annoyed with, "Oh, we don't need an ending, it's not over in this film".

Comment

• I just saw a fan edit of two "Halloween" movies named "The Night of Samhain". It was something different, but I don't know if I'll watch it a second time. I think I'd prefer to watch "Halloween III: Season of the Witch" and "Halloween 6" The Producer's Cut instead, which this fan edit was a mash-up of.

Comment

• I genuinely liked the 2018 movie, this one, nope. Didn't work for me. I wanted it to but the second half is a mess. I agree with Matt in that it started off alright but then it went in too many directions at once. I did like the score though and a couple of the murder set pieces were decent.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I didn't like it either.

Halloween Kills (USA, 2021) [DCP] - 1.5/5
              Disappointing follow-up to 2018's rather good Halloween revival. This is an ugly, monotonous kill marathon with no suspense, no characterization, and surprisingly almost no Jamie Lee Curtis. Even Carpenter's score sounds dull and overly modern. The plot has a bit of potential but it's badly wasted.

Comment

• bummer... so the bad reviews were legit. a friend of mine saw it @sitges festival last month and said it's one of the worst of the series (on par with halloween resurrection and rob zombies halloweens).

Comment

• Apparently the Halloween Kills novelization, which I didn't know existed until this morning, ties things into the Cult Of Thorn.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/books/...rn-connection/
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I watched this last week, and I don't disagree with anyone's assessment.

You would imagine after 40+ years of slasher films, Hollywood could create characters that possessed IQ's above 70. I'm not a big fan of H20, but at least the characters in that one had sense enough to do the one thing that should bring about the demise of any killer, regardless of how resilient he is. Maybe the writers are no longer only implying that Michael is something other than human. Regardless, those fighting Michael have to assume he can be defeated, otherwise why try? I know he's been shot dozens of times and stabbed and set on fire, but I'm gonna try my luck hitting him with a baseball bat!

And I know she survived the attack, but when running from Michael - who at best attains the speed of a brisk walk - in a park, why in the world did the one female character "hide" in a place that prevented escape rather than simply doubling back (at a moderate jogging pace), easily exiting the area?

Far scarier than this movie was trying to add Peacock Premium to Fire TV (which I just chronicled in another thread) before being able to view the flick.

Someone told me last week (and maybe this has already been mentioned elsewhere in this topic) there will be a final film in this trilogy, HALLOWEEN ENDS. Would that such a promise came true...
                    VHS will never die!

Comment

• Best Buy steelbook release coming in January.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hallowe...?skuId=6483531

Click image for larger version

Name:	6483531_sa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	360817
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Cover art for the standard US release.

Click image for larger version

Name:	261059255_1562675504075663_3349295872349559359_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	360922
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Extended cut - wise move, considering most people wouldn't want to watch the theatrical cut again.
                          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Fuckin' 'ell, that was crap...
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                              Extended cut - wise move, considering most people wouldn't want to watch the theatrical cut again.
                              Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                              Fuckin' 'ell, that was crap...
                              Oh my, I am not sure I'd want to see an extended version of this film. Maybe an edited version, that was tighter, and didn't have 15 minutes of, "EVIL DIES TONIGHT!".

I liked the first remake a lot more than I thought I was. I left the theatre thinking, "Damn, that was better than i thought it was, I'm curious where they're going to go with this. 2 more films in the works? Okey-dokey". Then, I saw this... And, it felt just, "Off". From 15 minutes of chanting, "EVIL DIES TONIGHT" and other little bits here and there. Such as the only folks who would want to buy the old Meyers' place are too (TWO) gay dudes who have nick names for each other, "Little John" and, "Big John".... I guess to make sure the audience knew whom was pitching and whom was catching. Then the end scene, where Meyers' is everything but drawn and quartered, yet lives.... Really, they could have kept the tone of the first remake, just had Mike escape the fire, and move on maybe to other pastures... I typed in the thread about this film, or maybe on a prior page my thought about this sequel, "Corny".

Then again, I really liked Malignant, so, keep that in mind! Malignant was some good shit!

Comment

• Try the Evil Dies Tonight drinking game! The thing that annoyed me the most was the opening Halloween 78 stuff with the cops surrounding Michael. I detest it when film makers pull that shit. You do not know better than John Carpenter. You do not add/change stuff to the original just to give your film a character arc (that's not resolved anyway... yet). Then they go and introduce a load of character cameos from the first film like they're being reverential to it. And couldn't they hire someone that could do a passable Donald Pleasence accent? Absolutely lousy script with no ideas of its own that's stretched way beyond a reasonable running time for this sort of thing. At least the gore was amusing.
                                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                                X