Clear All

• Here's my honest ranking of the series:

Season of the Witch
    Halloween II (2009)
    Halloween (1978)
    Halloween (2018)
    Halloween II (1981)
    Halloween (2007)

The rest are equally mediocre IMO, but Part 4 is at least a respectable (though dull) sequel and Part 5 is almost so-bad-its-good (the most obnoxious characters of the series keep it from being truly entertaining). RESURRECTION is an embarrassment.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
      Worth it just for the nifty Halloween bottle opener.

Comment

• My ranking of the series from best to worst

Halloween(original)
        Season of the Witch
        Halloween 4
        Halloween(2018)
        Halloween 2(Zombie)
        Halloween 6(either cut)
        Halloween(Zombie)
        Halloween 5
        Halloween 2(original)
        H20
        Halloween ressurection

Had a buddy of mine who passed 3 years ago. His favorite,not sure why,was Ressurection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
          My ranking of the series from best to worst

Halloween(original)
          Season of the Witch
          Halloween 4
          Halloween(2018)
          Halloween 2(Zombie)
          Halloween 6(either cut)
          Halloween(Zombie)
          Halloween 5
          Halloween 2(original)
          H20
          Halloween ressurection

Had a buddy of mine who passed 3 years ago. His favorite,not sure why,was Ressurection.
          Your buddy knew that the requirement for a classic horror film is to have the killer engage in a Kung fu fight with Busta Rhymes, clearly!

Comment

• I adore the original HALLOWEEN and Zombie's remake but feel like most of the sequels are meh or terrible. Resurrection deservedly takes heat because of Busta Rhymes and Trya Banks but they are only in the film for a few minutes. I found Paul Rudd's superhero level of badassery in Part 6 to be just as idiotic. While flawed, there are plenty of moments to enjoy in Resurrection and I can't say the same about most of the sequels.

Each time I watch parts 4 and 5 I like them less and less. The opposite is true with the original Part 2.

I want to like Season of the Witch because of Tom Atkins but its so stupid.

Halloween(original)
            Halloween(Zombie)
            Halloween 2(original)
            Halloween Resurrection
            H20
            Halloween 5
            Halloween 4
            Halloween 2(Zombie)
            Season of the Witch
            Halloween 6(either cut)

Comment

• I wonder why they thought it was a good idea to shoot RESURRECTION 2.35:1? They rely so much on the POV camera shots and it looks absolutely terrible in scope. 1.85:1 would've made more sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                I wonder why they thought it was a good idea to shoot RESURRECTION 2.35:1? They rely so much on the POV camera shots and it looks absolutely terrible in scope. 1.85:1 would've made more sense.
                Honestly, though, NOTHING about resurrection makes much sense, aside from sheer greed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                  Honestly, though, NOTHING about resurrection makes much sense, aside from sheer greed.
                  Yeah, there's so much that sucks about it.

This bugs the shit out of me too:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Michael-Myers-the-halloween-movies-40381612-500-203.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	356492

OK, when Michael slowly lowered himself behind somebody (can't remember who) in H20 it was something new, even if it was kinda stupid. But to have him do the exact same thing in the opening scene of the next movie - as if it's his new signature move or something - is just beyond fucking obnoxious.
                  Matt H.
                  Last edited by Matt H.; 07-31-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Halloween Resurrection probably isn't the best hill for me to die on but...

-The score, including the main theme, is one of the best of all the sequels.
                    -Michael's mask looks stupid and awful in most of the sequels. It looks badass in Resurrection and for some reason that's important to me.
                    -The opening 20 minutes is one of the most entertaining moments from any of the sequels.
                    -Other than Busta and Tyra, the cast of sheep Michael has to chop up is decent enough.
                    -The same people that will bitch about stupid moments in Resurrection, take no issue with Season of the Witch's drunkard doctor knowing the phone number of the one guy that can immediately pull a commercial from 2 of the 3 major networks by yelling into a phone "Stop it, please, for God's sake, please stop it. There's no more time. Please stop it. Stop it now. Turn it off! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!".

There are lot's of stupid moments in slasher films. Some we chose to ignore and others we don't.
                    Jason C
                    Last edited by Jason C; 08-01-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason C View Post
                      There are lot's of stupid moments in slasher films. Some we chose to ignore and others we don't.
                      Very true, but for me, H3 has such goofy charm that it only adds to the fun. So many of the other sequels are just dull. Here's my order:

Halloween (1978)
                      Season of the Witch
                      Halloween 2 (Zombie)
                      Halloween 2 (1981)
                      Halloween (2018)
                      H20
                      Curse
                      Halloween (Zombie)
                      Resurrection

Oddly enough, I'm not a fan of Zombie's remake (the dialogue is appauling) but I think his sequel is a really interesting, downbeat, grungy and surreal effort.
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• busta rhymes vs. michael myers > freddy vs. jason :poop:

discuss!

Comment

• I never seen any of them post H20 (ugh I still cringe at that abbreviation), including the Rob Zombie pics. I like them mostly in order of release except I would put SEASON OF THE WITCH first.

Halloween 3
                          Halloween
                          Halloween 2
                          Halloween 4
                          Halloween 5
                          Halloween 6
                          H20
                          "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• The original HALLOWEEN wasn't bad but imo not a great film - there are far more superior slashers
                            As regards to Rob Zombie's crap remakes.....

Comment

• There's a watch party happening with JLC's participation if you're into that type of thing.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/jamie-l...os-1202932214/
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• There's going to be a lot of tweet replies with gifs from Trading Places.
                                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
                                X