Any LIFEFORCE fans out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Takuma View Post
    This was on Japanese TV a few months ago. The channel advertised the film as having "the most beautiful boobs in horror movie history".
    In Hi-def yet!!
    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Takuma View Post
      This was on Japanese TV a few months ago. The channel advertised the film as having "the most beautiful boobs in horror movie history".
      I had heard that Japanese packaging was very accurate, so this checks out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ThatsInsane...ways_accurate/

​​​​

Comment

Love this movie but never realized there was another cut of it.

Comment

4K Matilda May? YES, PLEASE!!!

Comment

I love the movie and Henry Mancini's score. The "Lifeforce Theme" is one of the greatest sci-fi themes ever! Right up there with the "Buckaroo Banzai Theme" heard during the end credits of that film, and the "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Theme" from the 1979 TV series! When MGM's DVD came out, it was one of the first movies I had bought on DVD. By the time I had ten DVDs, three of them were Tobe Hooper films: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and 'Salem's Lot were the other two.

Comment

This is a movie, where i still recall how I first encountered it. Years ago, I used to go through the discount VHS rack at a K-Mart. There was all sorts of stuff in there. I got some goodies through that, such as, "The Stuff", and also films that I felt mixed about, such as LifeForce. My first mistake, was at that time I overlooked that it was a, "Video Treasures" release. The tape was in LP speed.... Still, better than EP! Even to this day I recall the first 1/3 - 1/2 of the film being pretty interesting, having a coherent enough plot, then it trails off someplace. The pace changes, and I lose track a bit about all that is going on. Something about the last half or so of the film it just gets to a point in my brain of, "What the fuck is going on, again?"

Life Force, it's one I need to revisit again, since it has probably been 10 years since I last saw it. It's an interesting movie, it just loses something about 1/3-1/2 of the way through the film. Also, it does hold a bit of nostalgia for me, as I recall that discount rack of oddball stuff at the K-Mart from many years ago. The Stuff was a gem of a pick up, though. Watched that numerous times with numerous friends. I'd pick up a 4K release of both at some point!

Comment

Working...
              X