Any LIFEFORCE fans out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    In a recent interview gathering the cast of the upcoming X-Men film in San Diego, someone mentions LIFEFORCE to Patrick Stewart to which he snidely replies, "Oh, so you're the one who saw it." And everyone laughs.
    Knowing Stewart I'm sure he said this with tongue planted firmly in cheek. I can't blame the guy for going for the easy laugh. It's also my understanding that Stewart has gone on record several times saying that he really enjoyed working with Hooper.

Having said that, I didn't really care for him in Lifeforce.

Comment

Just watched Lifeforce Tonight (the Arrow Blu-ray). I remember not thinking much of it in the 80s, so almost didn't buy it. My word was I wrong about this. I absolutely loved it.

Comment

Hoping to watch my copy of the Arrow Blu tomorrow or on Saturday, but I remember enjoying this one a lot when I last revisited it. I sampled the US cut briefly (I've never seen it before - I've only seen the longer European version), and my word, what a difference the rescoring makes! I may watch the US cut next week out of curiosity.
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Watched this again tonight. I attempted the US cut the other night, and decided that I didn't want to spoil my enjoyment of it by watching what seems to be a vastly inferior cut, so I abandoned it to rewatch the International cut once more. Its in my new databank of favourite films. The Mancini score is so rousing.

Comment

Is the Arrow transfer the same as the Shout! one? Anyone know? I haven't seen any comparisons online anywhere.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I heard that the International cut on the Arrow edition is an improved transfer over Shout Factories. Where I heard that I'm not sure, and I can imagine SF's transfer to be on the money anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                Is the Arrow transfer the same as the Shout! one? Anyone know? I haven't seen any comparisons online anywhere.
                here you go Ian

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...f-arrow-video/

Comment

Thanks. I'll be importing the Arrow set then.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The steelback is cute as a button but you'd better buy it fast before amazon pulls it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...F8&me=&seller=
                    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Item Under Review
                      This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page

What ???

Comment

One thing about the Scream Factory release, it is the only one that has Tobe Hooper approved color timing, but, looking at the caps-a-holic comparison the Arrow has a better encode.

Comment

From the Scream FB page:

***LIFEFORCE News***
                          We want to alert you today that our “Collector's Edition” release of LIFEFORCE (which came out in June of 2013) is now an out-of-print item and will be replaced with another version.
                          Here's what will be different about the new product on all future pressings:
                          - The vintage “Making of Lifeforce” featurette will no longer be available.
                          - Artwork is slightly different: The original theatrical artwork (pictured here) is now front-facing, and the Justin Osbourn-created piece will be on the reverse wrap.
                          - We are removing the “Collector's Edition” branding.
                          - Slipcover will not be offered.

Because of these changes, we felt it was only fair to also drop the price. The “Collector's Edition” release had a suggested retail price of $29.93. The new version will be $22.97.
                          If you already bought the Collector's Edition version - like most hardcore fans of the film did - then this strategy does not affect you except that the CE version is now more “collector-y” than before.
                          Additionally, this change-of-plans in unique only to this release. This is a special case that was unforeseen so please do not be concerned that this will happen on a regular basis with other Collector Editions.
                          Street date for the new, lower-priced version is set for 9/9.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Scream just announced a steelbook of LIFEFORCE that will have new 4K scans for both cuts of the film.

Comment

UHD coming from Shout! Factory on 5/24.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71WSIzS+sEL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	388172
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This was on Japanese TV a few months ago. The channel advertised the film as having "the most beautiful boobs in horror movie history".

Comment

Working...
                                X