No announcement yet.

Texas Chainsaw 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leatherface was never very smart. That's been consistent throughout the entire franchise.

"Look what your brother did to the door!"
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Is Chopped Top in this one? That guy is a hoot.

"Suck my dick, you dog! Iron Maiden is my fffffaaaaavorite!"

Loves me some Chopped Top.
      Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Oh, he's doing a thing. Got ya'.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Probably not Leatheface driving the truck......Probbably not even his barn!!

I like that they are at least giving Leatherface a bit of legwork..He needs to chase those survivors down!!

Not quite sure why that black dude has his shirt off...but I guess they will explain that away..

Also, why do the guys always have to be 6-packed.....most guys that age I went to college with were more concerned about the alcoholic six pack than their physique....Lets have some REALISM there please!!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
            Also, why do the guys always have to be 6-packed.....most guys that age I went to college with were more concerned about the alcoholic six pack than their physique....Lets have some REALISM there please!!
            Now come on...if we insist on average looking guys in horror films, someone will insist on average looking girls and do you really want that?

Comment

For the same reason all the girls are going to be lean, lithe and busty with fabulous asses and pretty faces. Sex sells, even in the context of cannon fodder.

Edited to add that I didn't see Apronikoff more or less just make the same point.

HIGH FIVE!
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Apronikoff View Post
                Now come on...if we insist on average looking guys in horror films, someone will insist on average looking girls and do you really want that?
                Shit...didn't think of that...What have i done!!!!

And then later, there may even be BELOW average girls in them.....

Comment

I, for one, would like to see more "average" looking girls in films. Basically, because what constitutes a "hot chick" these days I usually don't find attractive (there are, of course, exceptions). The super skinny, plastic, and dyed look doesn't really do it for me. That's just me, though. I honestly think horror and low budget films usually do a better job of casting attractive people who look like an actual person you'd encounter in life far better than major films do these days.

That said, I think Scarlett Johansson is the epitome of gorgeous, as do most people, and I've even heard people (usually women) call HER fat. Weird world.

Comment

Originally posted by Ehren H View Post
                    I, for one, would like to see more "average" looking girls in films. Basically, because what constitutes a "hot chick" these days I usually don't find attractive (there are, of course, exceptions). The super skinny, plastic, and dyed look doesn't really do it for me. That's just me, though. I honestly think horror and low budget films usually do a better job of casting attractive people who look like an actual person you'd encounter in life far better than major films do these days.
                    Agreed. You tend to get more realistic looking castmembers in the low budget stuff. The bigger stars are almost too pretty.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      Agreed. You tend to get more realistic looking castmembers in the low budget stuff.
                      Thats why its not good to go see low-budget movies in the theater...You dont need that kind of mental damage in giant images in front of you as you are munching down on your popcorn!!..

Comment

Thats why its not good to go see low-budget movies in the theater...You dont need that kind of mental damage in giant images in front of you as you are munching down on your popcorn!!..
                        Haha, I see both sides. It's nice to look at 'beautiful people' up there on the big screen doing their thing, but at the same time, like Ehren says, I think it's less realistic, sometimes to the point where it can (though doesn't always) take me out of the movie.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

TCM cosplay war brewing here?
                          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Haha, sexy time!
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Well, I definitely agree with Ehren about not really digging the "plastic Hollywood clone factory" look, but...

Maybe it's because I teach University classes and so am always surrounded by 18-22 year olds, but I just don't think anyone wants to watch a movie starring genuinely average-looking young people. lol

Comment

Average looking does not equate to unattractive for me, I literally mean the average person. Average people are not supermodels. Most men are not in as good shape as portrayed in movies, and most women are not 6'3", 115 pounds with a tit job. Try walking around SoHo in NYC and see models up close....yeccccch.

Then again, it comes down to personal preference. One of the reasons I literally buy Playboy only for the articles (seriously, does anyone buy Playboy as stroke material anymore?) is because what Hefner seems to find attractive these days is the bleached blonde, fake tit, fake tan look. That's "hot" these days, but I don't think it's realistic. I think most of us males would take a pre-boob job Rene Bond over 99% of Playboy models these days.

But back on topic....TCM 3D looks like it's going to be a blast.

Comment

Working...
                                X