No announcement yet.

Texas Chainsaw 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't do it Andrew...Life is worth more than that!!!

ONE of those reviews DOES say that when Leatherface gets going it gets pretty intense.....They also like the real-time effects (except for CGI blood) and the 3-D effects that have stuff all to do with depth perception and more to do with spraying blood and sticking the chainsaw out at the audience....

It MIGHT be ok to watch in a generic sort of way...but the editors of the trailer really sucked me in this time with their good job of promoting this movie!!

Comment

Well the local theater isn't getting it. So I won't be able to see it till it hits Blu Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
        Well the local theater isn't getting it. So I won't be able to see it till it hits Blu Ray.
        You MIGHT need to reward your local theater manager for that move when you finally get to see it later......He might have saved you some pain!!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
          You MIGHT need to reward your local theater manager for that move when you finally get to see it later......He might have saved you some pain!!
          See the local theater only seems to get in Madea films and Christian themed films. They didn't get Kick ass "Because I doubt it makes any money." But played Soul Surfer and Madea's witness protection for 2 months each.

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
            See the local theater only seems to get in Madea films and Christian themed films. They didn't get Kick ass "Because I doubt it makes any money." But played Soul Surfer and Madea's witness protection for 2 months each.
            LOL...I had to look up exactly what a "Madea" film is!!!!

My heart goes out to you Newt!!!

Comment

Watched it.

Hilarious. Stupid. Funny.

And I... liked it! Yeah. I'll be seeing this again. I'm surprised films this stupid are still allowed to go to theaters in 2013. Oh wait... no I'm not... well, THIS stupid, perhaps. It's not as bad as The Next Generation, but it needed someone to write much better than this! The dialogue is awful. But this incarnation of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series is welcome by me, and when the piecing together scene that is bloated and unnecessary comes to show, you'll realize that this is cash-in trash not meant to be ganged up on with bats, but praised for having a ball with its sloppiness. There's also one line during the finale scene that will become an instant classic in the realm of bad film dialogue.

Comment

Body Boy...you have just made me interested in seeing this one now....

I thought it was a wasted opportunity to re-invent the franchise...but now you mentioned the hallowed "Next Generation" in the same breath...Maybe it IS a re-invention of the franchise after all....!

Surprised they let it go to shit after the last TWO sequels seemed to be well enough made , serious and popular...i wonder who made the decision to go trashy again??

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                  LOL...I had to look up exactly what a "Madea" film is!!!!

My heart goes out to you Newt!!!
                  They are horrible. Image a 5th rate episode off "Mama's Family". Then add in badly done musical numbers.

Comment

Saw this today ...went in with really low expectations and ended up enjoying it...nothing great, but everything after Part 2 was pretty much crap anyway (even though I have a soft spot for The Next Generation and the prequel)

It had its problems, but overall it was enjoyable...the new Leatherface was good too...

Comment

I liked part 3...
                      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                        I liked part 3...
                        Besides the remake, that is my least favorite...I have revisited it over the years, and I still cannot get into it...It just doesn't have that feel for me...

Comment

I don't know. I'm a little empathetic to Jeff Burr and the problems he had with the studio. A fan cut that incorporates the work print footage does improve the film a bit. But it's overall a fun slasher picture that has some really intentionally dark and possibly unintentionally funny moments. Ken Foree was awesome in it too.

Comment

I may have to try it again...It has been a few years since I last watched it...

Comment

If you're a Cinemageddon member I'd recommend checking out the Fan Edit.

Comment

I think the fan buzz about how great TEXAS 3 was going to be if Jeff Burr was left alone to make it have now blown WELL out of proportion...I am pretty sure it might have been BLOODIER but not BETTER...There will probably NEVER be a movie in this series as good as part one OR two...They can try, and sometimes do a good job, but they aren't gonna be able to beat the first two as they are products of their time/circumstances......Can't recreate THAT today....

Would like to see them TRY o make it more suspenseful and gritty like the first....COULD make an awesome movie...but of course they are NOT going to go there are they???????

As for TOBE HOOPER endorsing this new movie...He produced the last two "reboots" didn't he?...Which means, basically, he will put his name on almost ANYTHING ...take the check and run Tobe!

Comment

Working...
                                X