Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Octaman To Get A DVD Release From Retromedia In October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octaman To Get A DVD Release From Retromedia In October!

At least, so says Amazon.

"Octaman - A scientific expedition to a remote fishing village discovers high levels of radiation as well as a strange mutant-like small octopus that walks on land and has bizarre human-like eyes. The leader of the expedition teams up with a circus owner who wants to exploit the weird creature but trouble ensues when the two men discover their crew has been slaughtered and the mutant is missing. Tales from the villagers come to light describing the local legend of a half-man, half-sea serpent, but what the expedition finds is an astounding seven-foot-tall walking octopus that has a lust for human blood! Now, the hunters have become the hunted and the race is on. Who will survive and what will be left of them?

Octaman is the sought after 1972 cult classic from director Harry Essex (Creature from the Black Lagoon) and comes to DVD in a newly-remastered from 35mm widescreen edition. Features special effects makeup by future Academy Award Winner Rick Baker (An American Werewolf in London) and stars Kerwin Matthews (The 7th Voyage of Sinbad), Jeff Morrow (This Island Earth), Pier Angeli (Battle of the Bulge); the DVD also features original trailers, video interview, and Retromedia Drive-In wrap-around. The DVD also includes a bonus feature film - The Cremators - Harry Essex's epic about a giant ball of fire that rolls right over people - burning them to a hideous crisp! The Cremators features special effects by award-winning Doug Beswick (The Empire Strikes Back, Aliens)."

Click image for larger version

Name:	octamanposter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	362826

Name:	images.jpg
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	362827

Name:	octaman.jpg
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	362828

Name:	Octaman2.jpg
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	362829

Somehow the whole thing wound up on Youtube.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Boulevard Movies just posted this...

Name:	oc-1.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	339363

Name:	oc2.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	339364
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

BayView gave me the cover art yesterday, I disseminated it all over the web. Not surprised Boulevard Movies has it. Very cool cover art, too.

Precise Extras:

- Second feature film: THE CREMATORS
      - Original Trailers
      - Video Interview with THE CREMATORS star Maria De Aragon
      - Retromedia Drive-In Episode tags

Comment

Just watching OCTAMAN now. The transfer looks great. Well worth the $10 if you dig this movie.

Comment

DVD Drive-In posted a pretty positive review for it here.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

"Coming April 2017! On DVD and Blu-ray!KL Studio Classics In Conjunction with MGM!
            Octaman (1971) Special Edition
            Starring Pier Angeli (Sodom and Gomorrah), Kerwin Matthews (Jack the Giant Killer), Jeff Morrow (This Island Earth) and Buck Kartalian (Planet of the Apes) - Shot by Robert Caramico (Eaten Alive) - Written, Directed and Produced by Harry Essex (Creature from the Black Lagoon, It Came from Outer Space)
            Loaded with Extras! Bonus Features to be announced!"
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So the Kino release is cancelled by Retromedia are bringing this to Blu-ray along with the Cremators according to a post on FOR's FB group.

Name:	16427209_1332362510140613_4905099203204397500_n.jpg
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	351961
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Retro seems to have registered the title when they released it on DVD, not sure if they added 'something' like the cricket sounds they added on CASTLE OF BLOOD.
                Kino did not want to bother fighting this ( although something tells me they would easily win ) ...Retro's claim may be spurious.
                https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

The Retromedia Blu-ray is in stock at Amazon now, and does include The Cremators as a second feature as well as a few other extras.

http://amzn.to/2DMrvqt
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'll try and post some screen caps this weekend if not sooner but the compression on Octaman is awful. Yes, this looks better than a DVD and yeah, I know better than to expect visual perfection from fucking Octaman, but there shouldn't be macroblocking here. They should have put Cremators on the disc in SD and given Octaman more breathing room. As it stands, Cremators looks like an SD presentation upscaled. I didn't run the disc through any profiling software or anything, I'll try and do that when I have some time, but yeah...
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cheers Ian, that's saved me a bit of cash.
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                      X