No announcement yet.

Jeepers Creepers Coming To Blu-ray 9/11/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless of what Salva has done in the past...
    I must say I did enjoy "Jeepers Creepers" upon it's release, and thought it was a competent horror film. I never saw the sequel though.
    As for "Clownhouse", that and "Stephen King's IT" gave me an unhealthy relationship to clowns. I still don't trust them...

Comment

I like the one he did with Eric Roberts and Lance Henriksen. Nature of the Beast or some such?

Othe then that, this guy is quite unworthy of his "hype" and would never be "famous" if not for his perversion.(Not that I have seen everything he ever did, mind you)
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Victor Salva's 'Jeepers Creepers 3' Casting Notice Nixed In Canada

The casting notice sought an 18-year-old actress for the role of Addison, who at the age of 13 had been sent to live with her grandmother after her stepfather “started making overtures” to her. Salva could not be reached for comment.
        LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

I listened to part of the guy on Joe Rogans podcast talking about Powder; I remember that Chicken Hawk film about NAMBLA but I don't remember anything about telepathy or paranormal powers in it (according to the film's Wikipedia page).

I never saw Powder but I have seen Clownhouse on vhs or cable. What's the 'pedo imagery' in Jeepers Creepers 2?
          Keeth
          Last edited by Keeth; 03-28-2016, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeth View Post
            I never saw Powder but I have seen Clownhouse on vhs or cable. What's the 'pedo imagery' in Jeepers Creepers 2?
            Firstly, the image of the "Creeper" the main villain of the franchise is reminiscent of the typical image of a pedophile. Ominous figure in a trench coat. After that, there's numerous little uncomfortable parts. Such as a part where the "creeper" licks the window where a young boy is sitting. Plus there's a scene with a bunch of boys group pissing and sunbathing.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

^ I would describe it more as homoerotic as there is a lots of grown men without shirts in Jeepers Creepers 2. Don't remember anything pedo about it, although I could see some finding it there due to his creepy background.

I liked Jeepers Creepers. JP 2 was more banal but I've never seen any of his other films. Powder looks horrible.

Edited to add: I haven't seen the film in a long time, are there any young boys in the film at all? As I recall it was a bunch of typical 20 year olds pretending to be teens.
              Randy G
              Last edited by Randy G; 03-29-2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                ^ I would describe it more as homoerotic as there is a lots of grown men without shirts in Jeepers Creepers 2. Don't remember anything pedo about it, although I could see some finding it there due to his creepy background.

I liked Jeepers Creepers. JP 2 was more banal but I've never seen any of his other films. Powder looks horrible.

Edited to add: I haven't seen the film in a long time, are there any young boys in the film at all? As I recall it was a bunch of typical 20 year olds pretending to be teens.
                Well, doesn't matter if the actor's are 20 something the characters they portray are definitely teenagers. Also, in the first one, the creeper does snatch a teenage boy. Now, I'm no Sherlock Holmes but there seems to be a pattern here.
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I know what you mean, when I saw the films I wasn't aware of his background but a reviewing may have revealed some creepy vibes.

Comment

So about three months ago now Jeff Nelson and Cliff MacMillan from Scream Factory were on the Shock Waves podcast (essentially Killer POV 2.0) and the Jeepers releases/controversy were brought up: http://www.blumhouse.com/Podcast/

Scroll down to "Episode 2: We Still Scream For Scream Factory!" and skip to around the hour and 28 mark.
                    LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Jeepers Creepers Reborn coming to Blu-ray 11/15/22.

https://amzn.to/3PzIDmi

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14121726/

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cover art.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fgifxn8UYAEPSIi.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	403425
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh FUCK. Evil's BACK???? For MORE?????

WHAT SHALL WE DO AND WHO WILL SURVIVE???

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                            Oh FUCK. Evil's BACK???? For MORE?????

WHAT SHALL WE DO AND WHO WILL SURVIVE???
                            Evil dies tonight.
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post

Evil dies tonight.
                              What a RELIEF.

Comment

They had to reboot the franchise because the first movie is old enough that Victor Salva lost interest in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X