No announcement yet.

Jeepers Creepers Coming To Blu-ray 9/11/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If memory serves me right then the first victim in jeepers creepers two is a little boy on the farm,I have avoided all his films since so i couldn't comment on the rest.I am about to ammend my above post to remove stuff i should not have really posted as its irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by Travis Sheldon View Post
      Not to derail the discussion, but at what point is Salva's debt to society paid?
      AFAIK, he completed all the legal stuff, right?
      Let me clarify, I am not a Salva fan or a fan of the Jeepers Creepers franchise, I saw the 1st film one time and outside of a few creepy moments was not enticed to view the 2nd one.
      Just wondering.
      For sure, some people say that since he did his time, he's paid his debt to society. I don't think that his sentence was fair considering the emotional impact on his children, nor his insistence that his movies since feature a bunch of sweaty teenage boys running around with their shirts off. If people support him and his films, they're welcome to, I just choose not to.

Comment

On 9/10/13 this gets reissued as a double feature with JC2 tacked on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	343826
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Like it or not, part 3 is coming...

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/je...la-1201590943/
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I would always recommend to anyone when discussing Victor Salva to torrent his films. He's a fine genre filmmaker but I would never give him any of my money.
            In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Comment

This guy certainty doesn't like the idea of a third one: http://diaboliquemagazine.com/jeeper...erwecanrefuse/
              LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

His films are pedo pity parties. People like him should be shot.
                Mark Tolch
                Last edited by Mark Tolch; 09-16-2015, 06:27 AM.

Comment

I'm with Mr Tolch and Sukeban. it's the kind of crime that has massive rates of recidivism and putting him on a set, in a position of power, is a really dodgy thing to do. There's a reason so many pederasts move to the entertainment industry. Maybe it's a one off crime, maybe it's not. Who wants to be the guy who has to explain to the next victim that "he did his time"?

Then again I'm a huge fan of Polanski's movies so really I'm not sure i should be given a say...
                  "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                    I'm with Mr Tolch and Sukeban. it's the kind of crime that has massive rates of recidivism and putting him on a set, in a position of power, is a really dodgy thing to do. There's a reason so many pederasts move to the entertainment industry. Maybe it's a one off crime, maybe it's not. Who wants to be the guy who has to explain to the next victim that "he did his time"?

Then again I'm a huge fan of Polanski's movies so really I'm not sure i should be given a say...
                    You know....ive been very critical of Polanski in the past, but i dont cast him in quite the same light. I think if Polanski cranked out a bunch of movies with shirtless teenaged girls, I might.

Comment

Polanski doesn't let his desires be seen through his work. Salva does, which is quite creepy indeed.
                      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Not sure why anyone would even stoop to work with him.
                        I know a gig is a gig for a struggling actor / crew.....but is no one on these films honestly NOT creeped out by him...
                        Surely one area of his parole should be to stay away from minors ???
                        Is no one noticing he STILL has young guys with their shirts off for no reason in his movies..no one worried??
                        As Mark stated...Polanski is a creep of the highest order for what he did....but hes not parading his desires around freely in everyones faces....

There are plenty of first time or even established directors eager for work..Salva is not such an auteur that he cant be replaced.....easily.

And as far as I am concerned...anyone who messes around abusing underage kids and scarring them emotionally for life will NEVER have paid his debt back or done hos time. Maybe they do need medical help..so keep them away from the general public in either case.
                        sukebanboy
                        Last edited by sukebanboy; 09-16-2015, 07:30 AM.

Comment

While I'm willing to admit I've enjoyed what I've seen of Victor Salva's work - although I don't think anything he's made has been great it's just entertaining genre fare - I have to question myself why I would still watch films made by a convicted paedophile. As I said in my earlier post there's no way I would pay to see Salva's work and I wouldn't help to promote it either by writing reviews and I would always say to someone interested in seeing his films to torrent don't give him your money. Yeah I get the “paedo pity party” stuff that's evident and it makes it even harder to separate the art from the artist but I've always tried to pay it no mind and enjoy the other aspects in his films.

And Roman Polanski is a great filmmaker who's made some truly amazing films although yeah there isn't “paedo pity party” stuff to be seen but I think he's just as bad maybe even worse because he still refuses to admit he did anything wrong and hasn't been punished. Yet I won't deny myself watching something as fantastic as 'Chinatown'.

The thing is though there's no way in hell I would listen to the music of Gary Glitter and Lostprophets (the crimes of the latter is some of the most fucked up horrific depraved shit I've ever read about). Neither were ever my cup of tea but if they were I still wouldn't listen to them even on a free download. I think that maybe it has something to do with them being repeat offenders who have ruined the lives of many rather than committing one off incidents like Polanski and Salva did in more likely moments of weakness. Also, Glitter and Ian Watkins (despicable former frontman of Lostprophets) are arrogant cunts who have the audacity to proclaim their innocence… well much like Polanski then.

I'm obviously a hypocrite but I guess I like what I like.

It's strange how these scummy pieces of shit have had their music blacklisted and are being punished for their sickening crimes rotting in cells for the rest of their pathetic lives while Polanski and Salva are free and are still lauded for their work (more so Polanski).
                          Cinematic Shocks
                          Last edited by Cinematic Shocks; 09-16-2015, 10:14 AM.
                          In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Comment

Looking at Salva's filmography, I was actually surprised to see the number of films he's done. For some reason I always thought all he did was Clownhouse, Powder and the Jeepers movies. I watched Powder when it first hit home video and remember all the hoopla surrounding it. Can't really remember much about it now.
                            LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

I thought his last film 'Dark House' was decent. I don't recall any young boys with their tops off in that one.

I just came across this article. Apparently, Victor Salva raped his star of 'Clownhouse' multiple times from the age of 8 to 12. I didn't know this I thought it was just the one time...

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...or-3021176.php

Comment

Damn! Loved Powder, and Jeepers Creepers parts 1&2. Didn't know any of this shit about his past until just now!

Craziness...

Anthony

Comment

Working...
                                X