X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Randy G

• Randy G
    replied
    ^ I would describe it more as homoerotic as there is a lots of grown men without shirts in Jeepers Creepers 2. Don't remember anything pedo about it, although I could see some finding it there due to his creepy background.

I liked Jeepers Creepers. JP 2 was more banal but I've never seen any of his other films. Powder looks horrible.

Edited to add: I haven't seen the film in a long time, are there any young boys in the film at all? As I recall it was a bunch of typical 20 year olds pretending to be teens.
    Randy G
    Last edited by Randy G; 03-29-2016, 07:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    replied
    Originally posted by Keeth View Post
    I never saw Powder but I have seen Clownhouse on vhs or cable. What's the 'pedo imagery' in Jeepers Creepers 2?
    Firstly, the image of the "Creeper" the main villain of the franchise is reminiscent of the typical image of a pedophile. Ominous figure in a trench coat. After that, there's numerous little uncomfortable parts. Such as a part where the "creeper" licks the window where a young boy is sitting. Plus there's a scene with a bunch of boys group pissing and sunbathing.

Leave a comment:

• Keeth

• Keeth
    replied
    I listened to part of the guy on Joe Rogans podcast talking about Powder; I remember that Chicken Hawk film about NAMBLA but I don't remember anything about telepathy or paranormal powers in it (according to the film's Wikipedia page).

I never saw Powder but I have seen Clownhouse on vhs or cable. What's the 'pedo imagery' in Jeepers Creepers 2?
    Keeth
    Last edited by Keeth; 03-28-2016, 06:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Clark

• Tom Clark
    replied
    Victor Salva's 'Jeepers Creepers 3' Casting Notice Nixed In Canada

The casting notice sought an 18-year-old actress for the role of Addison, who at the age of 13 had been sent to live with her grandmother after her stepfather “started making overtures” to her. Salva could not be reached for comment.

Leave a comment:

• The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    I like the one he did with Eric Roberts and Lance Henriksen. Nature of the Beast or some such?

Othe then that, this guy is quite unworthy of his "hype" and would never be "famous" if not for his perversion.(Not that I have seen everything he ever did, mind you)

Leave a comment:

• Johan Iversen

• Johan Iversen
    replied
    Regardless of what Salva has done in the past...
    I must say I did enjoy "Jeepers Creepers" upon it's release, and thought it was a competent horror film. I never saw the sequel though.
    As for "Clownhouse", that and "Stephen King's IT" gave me an unhealthy relationship to clowns. I still don't trust them...

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Thanks for sharing, John. I was just telling somebody the other day that the charges happened BEFORE Clownhouse was released, and that the child was not a teenager.

Leave a comment:

• John Bernhard

• John Bernhard
    replied
    A comment following this ( weak ) article has additional details
    ( http://www.hitfix.com/news/victor-sa...om-the-monster )
    Mrs D • 6 months ago
    Whether it makes a difference in anyone's opinion, I think it only fair that the real truth be known about Salva. He molested his victim for a period of nearly 6 years (he was a family friend). The child was 6 when it began. There were MANY other victims - Victor was busted with videotapes and photo albums of numerous boys who were never identified, and he gave a full videotaped confession of his deeds. Because of a sneaky plea bargain, he did 15 months at a mental facility in Vacaville, CA. The same people responsible for the BS plea deal have put out misinformation for years - such as the victim was 17 (he was 6-11), it was a "relationship", they didn't know about him when they hired him (several crew members had worked 'Clownhouse' before "Powder"), there were no kids on the set of 'Powder' (BIG LIE, and according to a Houston article at the time, he was hanging with the kids hired as extras - they "watched him", my ass!).
    You can't trust Hollywood, not even Disney, when it comes to covering for their own. The man is a pedophile, and he has powerful backers. The fact that he hasn't been CAUGHT molesting anyone doesn't exactly ease my mind. There is no cure for what Victor has, and all pedos do is get more skilled at hiding it. And with Hollywood money, I imagine you can do that very well indeed.
    You're all still free to support his work or not, depending on how you feel about his crimes. It's not about whether he paid his debt - that ship sailed a long time ago - but more about whether you can overlook crimes of this nature. SIX YEARS of grooming and abusing a child who looked to him as a beloved 'uncle' - he wrote "Clownhouse" FOR Nathan and used it to get what he wanted. He had a LOT of victims besides him, but no one would come forward after Nathan's name appeared in the paper SEVEN times in one article alone. What he and his "handlers" did to destroy this child is beyond imagining. And while I may not be able to stop Victor from being rewarded for putting his sickness on film, I most certainly can and will make sure they don't get to minimize or mislead the public about one single thing he did!

Leave a comment:

• Tom Clark

• Tom Clark
    replied
    Seeing as people are quick to bring up Polanski whenever this topic comes up, one of the biggest things that (to me at least) separates Polanski from Salva as far as the whole "separating the art from the artist" conundrum is concerned is that Samantha Geimer was never actually in any of Polanski's movies, therefore its much easier to watch any of his films and not be constantly reminded of that 1977 incident. You don't get that luxury with Salva and a film like Clownhouse where Nathan Winters is the main focus of the film and you're constantly seeing a victim through the lens of his abuser.

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
    I can separate the artist and his work and all that. Problem is that Salva's work (particularly Powder and Jeepers Creepers 2) are wrought with Pedo imagery.
    Pretty much in a nutshell right there..

Leave a comment:

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    replied
    I can separate the artist and his work and all that. Problem is that Salva's work (particularly Powder and Jeepers Creepers 2) are wrought with Pedo imagery.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Originally posted by JLG View Post
    that article is pretty annoying.

i am completely ok with the public getting informed/reminded about what Salva or Polanski did.

misdemeanors can haunt a person forever so these two guys can fuck off
    Agreed. As for separating the art from the artist, I'm willing to ignore when an artist makes stupid statements about things that I disagree with. Politics, gun laws, etc. Where I won't separate it is in a case like this. The guy is a child rapist, he served 15 months of a 3 year sentence, and he continued to make films that were obviously a reflection of his disgusting self.

I get people saying "Don't tell me what to buy" and the Polanski comparison, but I also understand people being pissed that a label is handing money to this scumbag.

At the end of the day, I thought Jeepers Creepers was a piece of shit, so it doesn't affect me either way.

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    I like the bit in that Fangoria article where it basically says ' if you look past his crimes you should buy the movies'....So if u forget hes a pedo who abused a child actor in his movie, destroyed the kids life and then went to jail for it u will love the movie...They should write that on the cover of the Dvd...
    I peraonally think it would be hard to watch his movie without seeing some kind of PEDO type assiciation in the narrative....POWDER is apparently a NAMBLA propoganda piece...JEEPERS has a monster going after buff, shirtless minors and CLOWNHOUSE ...dont want to go into that..

Sucks because I saw CLOWNHOUSE on its release and thought it was ok for the most part (I hate clowns anyway).

Leave a comment:

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom Clark View Post
    Anyone read this, Scream Factory Reignites Victor Salva Arguments With “JEEPERS CREEPERS” Blu-ray Announcement?

I do have to disagree with this:

There were quite a few message boards back when these films were new that were ripe with discussion about Salva's past so its not like the controversy is anything new.
    I agree. I frequented horror message boards all the time and whenever Jeepers Creepers came up, Salva's past would almost immediately come up. I think the difference is that fans or people looking in the right places would know about shit like that whereas on Youtube or Twitter, it's more likely that John Q Public would hear about news like that.

#PedoSalva

Leave a comment:

• enandalusiskhund
    An Andalusian Dog

• enandalusiskhund
    replied
    I've never seen anything by this guy, but I once had a flat mate who basically thought Jeepers Creepers was the best horror film ever. His favorite film was Independence Day, so I took his endorsement more as a warning.

Anyway, I LOVE Polanski and Klaus Kinski, and have no problems watching their work. I listen to Burzum. What I want to say is, I guess, that I have no problems whatsoever separating the artist and the work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X