Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Franchise That Will Not Die - Wrong Turn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Franchise That Will Not Die - Wrong Turn!

Bloody Disgusting just posted this promo art for the upcoming Wrong Turn 5: Bloodbath and you know what? I'm gonna check this out. I don't care that they're corny, I don't care that they're formulaic and I don't care that they're, well, dumb. I've enjoyed this series since it started and as long as they keep churning out sequels that entertain me, I'll keep watching them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-wrong-turn-5-poster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	362767

The first one was a fun throwback to backwoods slashers, but the second one was even better, a really seriously demented splatter movie. The third one was the weakest of the series so far, and the last one had a cool old abandoned hospital for the setting, loads of nudity, some lesbians, massive amounts of gore and some twisted black humor.

Declan O'Brien, who did parts 3 and 4, is behind this new one and apparantly Doug Bradley has a role in it.

“In the next chilling chapter of 'Wrong Turn,' a small West Virginia town is hosting the legendary Mountain Man Festival on Halloween, where throngs of costumed partygoers gather for a wild night of music and mischief. But an inbred family of hillbilly cannibals kill all the fun when they trick and treat themselves to a group of visiting college students who are dying for a good time.”
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I really like the first one, I'm a huge fan of backwoods slashers so I thought it did everything just right. No humor and plenty of gore. The second one was okay imo but pales in comparison to the first. I have yet to see the next two. Sounds like 4 is worth seeing from what you say, Ian. Never heard one good word about the 3rd film.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

You can safely skip the third, it won't affect your enjoyment of the fourth really.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Another thing in the first one's favor is the cast - they're pretty much stereotypes but the actors are solid enough to make an impression anyway (that guy from MAY is particularly good). And Eliza Dushku in a wifebeater never ever hurts.

Comment

Which they weren't afraid to exploit on the poster...

Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCAVPPSHE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	339029
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I thought #2 was the best of the bunch and actually didn't mind #3. I thought the 4th one sucked dick on horseback at full gallop. Curious about this new one.
            "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Not seen any of this series for some reason......Maybe I will have to remedy that after hearing suchj praise here...

Comment

I thought the Resident Evil series was the franchise that didn't die?

Part 2 was the best. Henry Rollins is the fucking shit.
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                  I thought the Resident Evil series was the franchise that didn't die?
                  Or the Final Destination flicks, which for some reason, I have enjoyed all of the ones I have seen...

I liked Wrong Turn...just never got around to the sequels...I'm not against them, just haven't gotten the opportunity to scope them out yet...

Comment

I'm kind of surprised there's not more love for the first one. The second film has more gore but I think it's not nearly as well done or compelling as the first - and I have to say I despise reality shows so the basic concept isn't very appealing to me. I also don't much care for Henry Rollins as an actor, he's pretty much one note imo and his presence throws me out of the movie.

Comment

I got a kick out of him in Feast where he was running around in pink track pants.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I saw WRONG TURN 3 and 4 today for 5 bucks each and I said dayum, inbred cannibal hillbilly sequels at 5 bones?!? GIMME!! Haha, I have some good late nite watching for the weekend. Looking foward to 4 in particular.

Comment

Definitely post your thoughts once you get to them!
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I will!

Comment

Watched 4 first, it wasn't bad. It's okay for a DTV sequel, lots and lots of gore and that black humor Ian mentioned. My buddy Gary gives it thumbs down but it worked well enough for me on that level, though it doesn't hold a candle to the first one. I did like the setting and the snowy isolation. Some horrible CG blood in one part though...ugh. Overall worth a watch I'd say.

Comment

Working...
                              X