Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Adamson's Dracula Vs. Frankenstein Coming To Blu-ray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Adamson's Dracula Vs. Frankenstein Coming To Blu-ray?

Amazon has a pre-order link up for this, coming from Tokyo Shock (which is probably incorrect - though it's possible Media Blasters is releasing it, I can't see them branding it with the Tokyo Shock banner).

Stated release date is 7/24/2012. Haven't heard anything else about this release so take it with a grain of salt, though the description says:

"The original 1971 U.S. theatrical
    release, remastered for optimal quality!

Groton (Lon Chaney Jr.) is an axe-wielding homicidal maniac working for Dr. Durray (J. Carrol Naish), who is the last of the Frankenstein family and is now running a house of horrors by the beach. Count Dracula (Zandor Vorkov) visits the doctor, shows him the original monster creation buried in a nearby graveyard, and promises to revive it in exchange for a serum that will grant him immortality!"

Nice cover art...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

So, they finally go through the trouble of redesigning their website ( http://www.media-blasters.com/ ) and they don't even mention this?

Comment

I don't even really like the movie (though it holds plenty of nostalgia value for me), but the notion of seeing it on blu (especially credits/optical fx) has me interested! How have Media Blasters' non-Italian blu-rays fared so far?

Comment

Story of Riki is the only non-Italian one I have and it sucked.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh wait, I have Destroy All Monsters too and it was good. But I think that was Toho's HD master working in their favor maybe?

Amazon's got DvsF at $10 though, for that price I'll probably bite. Just to have it.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

One of the first blu's I bought was CARNIVAL MAGIC, so I'm used to that line of thinking!

Comment

Ha, I know you get it.

Apparantly the Media Blasters Devil Dog Blu-ray is really good, so I guess we can hold out some slim margin of hope for this one.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                Story of Riki is the only non-Italian one I have and it sucked.
                But is it better than the DVD? Because if I recall correctly that sucked as well.

Comment

http://cinemassacre.com/2010/10/11/d...-frankenstein/
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Roderick View Post
                    But is it better than the DVD? Because if I recall correctly that sucked as well.
                    Yes it is. But it looks like an upscaled version of that DVD to my eyes. Check the screen caps in the review and you'll see what I mean.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Price has gone up to $14.99, and Amazon promoted the title in their latest email advertisement.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I preordered it for $7.19. The movie kinda chews on it but it was too hard to pass up.
                        "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

The MGM HD version is stunning....if they are using the MGM source this might be less than optimal.
                          Would be cool if they had the alternate ending included as well.
                          https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Media Blasters says this is back on track and coming out in November.

"The special edition blu-ray includes an audio commentary by writer/producer Sam Sherman, a documentary on Independent International Pictures, a rare alternate ending, deleted scenes, a deleted scene with Famous Monsters' editor Forrest J Ackerman & Dracula, rare 8mm movie location footage, the original theatrical trailer, TV Spot and an extensive photo gallery."

Click image for larger version

Name:	14681887_1143844539032131_6700622427233566071_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	351520
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So this is in stock now at Diabolik.

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Horror-[sl]-Thriller/Dracula-Vs-Frankenstein-(Blu~Ray).html
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X