Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shout! Factory to unleash... Scream Factory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That would be nice, even if I have the previous set on DVD and I don't like the first one that much. The second part is a good movie (except for the stupid exorcist rip-off at the end) and deserve some love, I want to see the third one in 3D since the first time I've seen it on tape when I was a younger guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
      somebody on another forum posted this
      That all seems to fit. Great news if true. I'm a big fan of AMITYVILLE II: THE POSSESSION.

Comment

• How is the recent US BD release of THEY LIVE? I've got the Eagle Pictures release from Italy, from a few years back, and as this is one of my favourite films - and certainly one of my favourite Carpenter films - I'm tempted to buy the US release, but these Scream Factory BDs are expensive to import into the UK. I've read conflicting reports about the transfer on the Scream Factory disc, with some saying it's overly-filtered in comparison with the Italian disc and others saying the opposite. I know there are some screengrabs on the Internet, but I'd rather hear from anyone who's seen both releases. The new extras aside, is the US BD worth my hard-earned cash?
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	howl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	342825
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Brand new HD transfer of DAY OF THE DEAD...happening now!

More details on this 2013 Collector's Edition release will be revealed later on in the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              The highly requested THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN stars Oscar-Winner Ben Johnson and Dawn Wells (Gilligan's Island) and will be presented in Blu-ray + DVD combo with a new HD transfer of the film and extras (still in development and will be announced at a later date). The DVD will contain a rare bonus feature-length movie, THE EVICTORS (from 1979) that is also from the same Director as TOWN and has never been on DVD before.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5534[/ATTACH]
              Really looking forward to this one, particularly.

I recently ordered PRISON, which I haven't seen since it was first released on VHS over here (my friend had an ex-rental tape of this that I coveted) but which I remember being an atmospheric, effective little horror film. Harlin's subsequent career sours the taste of this film for me, but I'm looking forward to revisiting it on Blu!
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                I recently ordered PRISON, which I haven't seen since it was first released on VHS over here (my friend had an ex-rental tape of this that I coveted) but which I remember being an atmospheric, effective little horror film. Harlin's subsequent career sours the taste of this film for me, but I'm looking forward to revisiting it on Blu!

I picked up the BD of PRISON when it was released, Paul. I hadn't seen the film since renting the VHS in the late 80s and overall I thought it held up very well. It meanders a little here and there and has a whiff of 1980s cheese but the great setting and surprisingly solid cast give it a real boost. I don't think you'll regret getting it.
                I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• I also thought that Prison held up well. Some really nice atmosphere, a few exceptionally nasty gore scenes, and some interesting creativity running rampant throughout the movie. I put it on figuring I'd be disappointed in it as I hadn't seen it in a few years myself, but nope. I dug it and am glad to have it on Blu-ray.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Stoked about Day of the Dead!!!

Comment

• Still waiting for PRISON to arrive, but thanks for the feedback, Andrew & Ian - you've given me added confidence in my purchase :)

I was surprised to see just how... affordable the preorder price for the Shout! KNIGHTRIDERS Blu is on Amazon ($13-98), so I've cancelled my Arrow set (which was £16-09) and will wait for the US disc instead.

I also preordered COHEN AND TATE for the same price. I'm really looking forward to that one!

Comment

• If you need a third opinion for Prison I've like the movie too, my third favorite in that collection after From Beyond and The Funhouse (an old favorite of mine since it's the first movie I've seen on a movie screen when I was 12 years old).

Comment

How is the recent US BD release of THEY LIVE? I've got the Eagle Pictures release from Italy, from a few years back, and as this is one of my favourite films - and certainly one of my favourite Carpenter films - I'm tempted to buy the US release, but these Scream Factory BDs are expensive to import into the UK. I've read conflicting reports about the transfer on the Scream Factory disc, with some saying it's overly-filtered in comparison with the Italian disc and others saying the opposite. I know there are some screengrabs on the Internet, but I'd rather hear from anyone who's seen both releases. The new extras aside, is the US BD worth my hard-earned cash?
                          To answer my own question, having bought the US THEY LIVE, I think it's a great package - unlike the Eagle Pictures release, it gets the aspect ratio right and the extras are phenomenally good. On the other hand, in some spots during the film, the image takes on an odd, digitally filtered look - nothing too problematic, but noticeable after watching the Italian disc. The Italian disc has a slightly better presentation of the film in that regard, but it's cropped. On the whole, I'm happy with the US Blu of THEY LIVE, if just a little frustrated. If I could own only one Blu of this picture, it'd be the US disc.

Now, I'd love to see PRINCE OF DARKNESS hit BD! :)

Comment

Now, I'd love to see PRINCE OF DARKNESS hit BD! :)
                            That would be nice, but I'm quite happy with the UK DVD I own who isn't extraless as the North American release is. I guess I would do as I did with the blu-ray of They Live! and skip it...

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	73158_264794243657594_90509337_n.jpg
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	342896
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Coming in August!

Click image for larger version

Name:	156888_265417883595230_1854525879_n.jpg