Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shout! Factory to unleash... Scream Factory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shout! Factory to unleash... Scream Factory!

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    That cover blows. I know it will be reversable. How the hell could anyone think that looks good?
    They should have just had Jason Alexander's floating head and a Seinfeld related quote on there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
      That cover blows. I know it will be reversable.
      I'm sure happy they are... floating heads cover are just lazy works. But at least we know the film will look better than the cover does wich is the important thing. To be honest none of those new covers are that great to begin with, for me an original poster do the job but I guess they need the "in your face" cover to catch the younger crowd.

Comment

• Shout! Factory to unleash... Scream Factory!

As long as they are reversible I'll live.

I do like the new LIFEFORCE art though.

Comment

• Great to see Lifeforce getting a bd release. It was always my favorite of the 80s big budget spfx flicks.

Comment

• Cliff posted the following on Facebook
            Tonight we start the new HD transfer of THE FOG, supervised by the great cinematographer, Dean Cundey.

Comment

• From Scream Factory on Facebook:

We can now officially report that THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN will be coming to DVD...and Blu-ray! We are actually creating a new HD transfer of the film as we type.

We thought you'd want the good news sooner than later. Stay tuned next month for release date info and other details.

Comment

• That makes me happy. It's about damn time!
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• **FINAL EXTRAS for FROM BEYOND**

We're happy to report that our DVD & Blu-ray combo Collector's Edition of FROM BEYOND (Out 3/26) is jam-packed with bonus content. If you love this film, you won't want to miss out on this release.

ALL-NEW SCREAM FACTORY EXTRAS:
                  - Audio Commentary with writer Denis Paoli
                  - MULTIPLE DIMENSIONS - A look at the film's extensive Make-Up & Creature Effects with Special Effects Creators John Buechler, Anthony Doublin, John Naulin, and Mark Shostrom
                  - PAGING DR. MCMICHAELS - An interview with Actress Barbara Crampton
                  - A TORTURED SOUL - An interview with Actor Jeffrey Combs
                  - AN EMPIRE PRODUCTION - An interview with Executive Producer Charles Band

EXTRAS CARRIED OVER FROM THE MGM 2007 DVD RELEASE:
                  - Audio Commentary with director Stuart Gordon and the cast
                  - THE DIRECTOR'S PERSPECTIVE - interview with Stuart Gordon
                  - THE EDITING ROOM: LOST AND FOUND - Gordon Stuart and MGM restoration team interview
                  - Interview with composer Richard Band
                  - Storyboard to Film Comparisions with Introduction
                  - Two photo galleries
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Final Extras for Phantasm II Blu-ray:

- Audio Commentary with director/writer Don Coscarelli and actors Angus Scrimm and Reggie Banister
                    - “The Ball is Back!” Documentary - featuring new interviews with writer/director Don Coscarelli, actors Reggie Banister, Angus Scrimm, Paula Irvine, Samantha Phillips and more!
                    - Vintage Behind the Scenes footage: Makeup Effects
                    - Vintage Behind the Scenes footage: On the Set
                    - “The Gory Days with Greg Nicotero” Featurette
                    - Deleted Scenes from archival film elements from Don Coscarelli's archive
                    - Additional Scenes - alternate takes and deleted gore footage from the workprint
                    - Original TV Spots
                    - Trailers for Phantasm , Phantasm II & Phantasm III
                    - Still Galleries (Behind the Scenes , Makeup Effects , Hollywood Premiere )
                    - Rare short film starring Rory Guy (aka Angus Scrimm) as Abraham Lincoln

Order from us directly at ScreamFactoryDVD.com and get a limited 18" x 24" poster of our new key art while supplies last! Or pre-order from Amazon.com or other fine online retailers.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• A bunch o' screencaps from the Blu-ray release of The Nest in the DVD Beaver review.

Not surprisingly this seems like a pretty significant improvement over the previous DVD release from New Concorde.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Pretty stoked about The Nest. It will be nice to actually see everything going on.

Comment

• Any word on whats going on with Fear City? I know it was released for about a week, but soon after went pretty much OOP. I assume it's because they put out the cut version and many people were complaining. My hopes are they're going back and re-doing it.

Comment

• FEAR CITY was a Shout Select title and it is only, and still, available at their website

Comment

• You can also get FEAR CITY from third party sellers at Amazon - I did a couple days ago. The blu has two versions of the film, uncut and the theatrical version. The uncut uses inserts from a lesser, darker source but overall it looked pretty nice to me. The film holds up very well - it'd been decades since I saw it.
                              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                                You can also get FEAR CITY from third party sellers at Amazon - I did a couple days ago. The blu has two versions of the film, uncut and the theatrical version. The uncut uses inserts from a lesser, darker source but overall it looked pretty nice to me. The film holds up very well - it'd been decades since I saw it.
                                You mean Shout! has an Uncut version also? This is very confusing to me because up to a year previous IFC was showing the uncut version and that looked great without looking darker in spots. I also wonder why they made this a website only release, as this would sell better than a few of those Corman titles. Are there even any special featured on this? Seems like they dropped the ball with this one...

Comment

Working...
                                X