Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shout! Factory to unleash... Scream Factory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy, they said they are planning an August release for Q.

I asked Scream Factory on twitter if they also had GOD TOLD ME TO, but they said no.

Comment

• Q the Winged Serpent is most welcome on blu-ray.

I'd love to see more of Cohen films on blu-ray.

I'd love to see his TV series THE INVADERS on blu-ray too. Surprising how few people know about THE INVADERS.
      "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
      - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• Oh yeah.

Never seen either one - and on Blu no less!

Click image for larger version

Name:	x ray.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	343018

Comment

• Now this was a nice surprise. I love Schizo. Haven't seen X-Ray.

More Kinski on Blu!
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	942122_276465779157107_1929641954_n.jpg
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	343023
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Too stuffy for my taste (feel like the artist had thrown everything but the book on the cover), but it's reversible so it isn't a big deal. Anyway I wait to see the new extras because my old Anchor Bay DVD make me happy and I ain't big on double dip.

Really I think it's lazy works, just a cut and paste job without originality.

Comment

• They do get points for including the original art as a reversible option. That's the first thing that I did with THEY LIVE.

I also have the AB double disc, so if they don't include the extras, I probably won't upgrade.

Comment

• It is a little too busy, but the alligator made me laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                    They do get points for including the original art as a reversible option.
                    Yes they do, but they lost many because many of those new covers spoiled the movie. It's like those artists and Shout! doesn't understand that sometimes it's a movie we have never seen (I don't even watch movie trailers before listening a movie, so when the cover tell me major plot point this is highly anoying). One thing for sure it's a chance I know Day of the Dead and The Fog because the cover show too much.

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                    It is a little too busy, but the alligator made me laugh.
                    But its jaw isn't held with a rope
                    Jimmy Simard
                    Last edited by Jimmy Simard; 05-06-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
                      when the cover tell me major plot point this is highly anoying
                      This is a really good point; I hate that. Animated menus are usually even worse offenders than covers, though in this the cover's got kind of a big spoiler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wernski View Post
                        Animated menus are usually even worse offenders than covers.
                        The Candy Snatchers animated menu sure teached me to close my eyes and wait for the movie to start.

Comment

• From FB...

We have a fun and frightening multi-title DVD set coming soon on August 20th. 4 films (3 of which have never been on DVD before) for a super low $9.99 SRP. Titles include:

THE VAGRANT (1992) with Bill Paxton, Michael Ironside and Mitzi Kapture

THE OUTING (1987 aka: The Lamp) about a murderous genie stalking victims in a museum!

SCHIZOID (1971 aka: A Lizard in a Woman's Skin) directed by Lucio Fulci

THE GODSEND (1980) From Cannon Pictures starring Angela Pleasence (yes, Donald's daughter).

Click image for larger version

Name:	941051_276914425778909_1244554981_n.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	343029
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
                            The Candy Snatchers animated menu sure teached me to close my eyes and wait for the movie to start.
                            No shit. That was the worst ever.

Comment

• So with Shout getting LIZARD/SCHIZO from MGM, and since over at another board they are calling Code Red a "bootlegger" over POPCORN, does this make Media Blasters/Shriek Show a "bootlegger" too?

Sorry, not trying to derail a thread, but just food for thoughts
                              Scorpion
                              Last edited by Scorpion; 05-07-2013, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                                So with Shout getting LIZARD/SCHIZO from MGM, and since over at another board they are calling Code Red a "bootlegger" over POPCORN, does this make Media Blasters/Shriek Show a "bootlegger" too?
                                Well, it probably wouldn't be the first time that was said. In any event, word was that MB got their master straight from MGM at that time.

Comment

Working...
                                X