No announcement yet.

Rob Zombie's Lords Of Salem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sat through Zombies previous "movies" and can honestly say that he should NEVER write a screenplay again in his life.....

DEVILS REJECTS would have been a GREAT movie if he had let someone competent write his dialogue and clean up his scripts...

As for the HALLOWEEN stuff....similar story......

as for his talent behind the camera....I think that he has potential...but he has to STOP writing his movies...STOP the crappy actor cameos and STOP putting his wife as one of the main characters...

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
      I sat through Zombies previous "movies" and can honestly say that he should NEVER write a screenplay again in his life.....

DEVILS REJECTS would have been a GREAT movie if he had let someone competent write his dialogue and clean up his scripts...

As for the HALLOWEEN stuff....similar story......

as for his talent behind the camera....I think that he has potential...but he has to STOP writing his movies...STOP the crappy actor cameos and STOP putting his wife as one of the main characters...
      I'm in the minority that I really enjoyed DEVIL'S REJECTS, but I think it was largely because I love watching Bill Moseley act. Sid Haig and Ken Foree were entertaining as well. I can't bloody well stand Sheri Moon Zombie, though, and William Forsythe was ridiculous.

That being said, I disliked HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES, and was actually angered watching his (piss)take on HALLOWEEN.

Comment

Yeah...Bill Moseley is always a JOY to watch...and there was SOMETHING good beneath the surface of DEVILS REJECTS waiting to be released by a decent scriptwriter.....

Maybe Zombie's heart is in the right place and he REALLY wants to make decent exploitation movies for the fans....but he definitely doesnt have the screenwriting skills needed...

Comment

Interview with Mr. Zombie here, where he talks about the scope of the movie.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Once you get past all the FUCKING ANNOYING pop ups, Bloody Disgusting has posted some on set footage that looks like it was shot on a camera phone here.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

House Of A 1,000 Corpses always felt like a 5th rate TCM knock-off to me. Also, casting Mosley just felt like a cheap gimmick, like he was saying I not only made this shitty TCM rip-off, but I got a TCM 2 star to be in it as well.

Comment

So evidently Rob Zombie is going to follow this movie up with a hockey film called Broad Street Bullies.

I didn't see that one coming.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  So evidently Rob Zombie is going to follow this movie up with a hockey film called Broad Street Bullies.

I didn't see that one coming.
                  Zombie has the following to say about the film: "Each character involved is more outrageous than the next. The backdrop of the turbulent year of 1974 is perfect for this stranger-than-fiction sports tale."

Great, so he's gonna Forrest Gump it up with 1974 classic rock. "Dudes, Broad Street Bullies has THE BEST soundtrack! WOOOOOOO!"
                  Fuck that shit.

Comment

Rob Zombie has a very sterile, commercial style. He seems to focus so much on horror mythology and "being really, really serious" in tone, that for me, his movies ultimately become over-long music videos. He basically seems like the Christopher Nolan of "modern grindhouse", if you'll buy into such a stupid category.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                      Rob Zombie has a very sterile, commercial style. He seems to focus so much on horror mythology and "being really, really serious" in tone, that for me, his movies ultimately become over-long music videos.
                      gotta say you have his directorial style pretty much nailed there...he always seems like he is trying to hard to be "authentic"

Comment

A few more promotional stills have surfaced over at Bloody Disgusting.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Neat to see the Middle East love in the 4th pic. Fun place to see a show.

Comment

Still not doing anything for me!

Comment

Weird new poster unveiled. Slow news day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A2L7QosCUAANaqV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	339622
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So, The Lords of Salem are wicked fat sleestaks?

Comment

Working...
                                X