Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Roth Announces The Green Inferno - a new cannibal movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom Clark View Post
    I actually think this is the first time I've read something like this regarding Roth and his characters. Most of the commentary I've read about his films criticizes him for supposedly "identifying" with his frat boy/bro types of characters, even referring to his films as "bro-horror".
    I thought it was pretty clear he was mocking most of the American characters in Hostel and here in Green Inferno. I actually liked Hostel and its sequel. I find the satire here confused though, in some ways it should have been even more harsh. I agree with Dom that CH is not the great shakes so many claim, I prefer the ridiculous but entertaining Jungle Holocaust.

PS. I'm surprised that almost no one seems to comment on the gay subplot of Hostel, this is the only review I've ever found thaf discusses it.
    Randy G
    Last edited by Randy G; 08-23-2016, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• From Scream Factory's twitter feed:

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Eli Roth's cannibalistic recent epic THE GREEN INFERNO (and one of the goriest R-rated films we've personally ever seen) is coming to Scream Factory in an all-new Blu-ray Collector's Edition! Here are the early details we have at present time:

• National street date for U.S. and Canada territories (Region A) is April 23rd
      • Release will come with a slipcover (guaranteed for three
      months after its original release date).
      • The newly-commissioned artwork pictured (and Director-approved) comes to us from Devon Whitehead (Valentine, Trick r Treat). This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will the original theatrical poster design.
      • Extras are still in progress and will be announced later in March. What we can confirm today is that will have an all-new in-depth lengthy interview with Roth and cast members. Additionally, any extras that were on the prior release of the film will be ported over.
      • A unique surprise from us: Each release will come with a never-before-released CD soundtrack of the score by composer Manuel Riveiro and includes bonus tracks, which will make this a 2-disc set.

Pre-orders on our site begin today:

• Standard offer: Includes the Blu-ray plus a rolled 18” x 24” poster of the new art. The posters will be made at a limited-run of 700 pieces. https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/the...lector-…

• Deluxe offer (Only 250 units available): Includes the Blu-ray, the rolled 18” x 24” and a slipcover signed by Eli Roth. Limit one per customer. https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/the...lector-…

• The release (sans poster) will also be made available at other retailers to pre-order soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DwkKq7pUYAASt1l.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	355393
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• This is a movie that I hate more the more I watch it because of its wasted potential. And the truly funny thing is that simple editing fixes a lot of the problems it has.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• I watched back in Nov. on Cinemax & it starts out better than I expected then it turns to shit on a dime.

I was disappointed Roth didn't fake any animal deaths to keep the tradition of the genre.

Comment

• The soundtrack is a colossal disappointment. It's like Roth raided a stock music library on the cheap. Either he owed someone a favor or whoever does the editing has shit taste in music.

Comment

• The signed version sold out already.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Watched this on Prime a while back, I don't think I bothered to finish it. It was like a douchey hipster version of a lesser cannibal movie, maybe Cannibal Ferox.

Comment

• Seems like I am one of the few that enjoyed Green Inferno. Sure I was high as fuck when I watched it. But enjoyed that in the modern era we got a fairly graphic cannibal movie.

Comment

• I liked it a lot. I was also high as fuck.
                    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Stoners.

Comment

• Yep. Lol

Comment

• I watched this sober. Made me wish I had some gear.

I didn't hate it, but what's the point in doing such a tame tribute to much more outrageous films?
                          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                            I watched this sober. Made me wish I had some gear.

I didn't hate it, but what's the point in doing such a tame tribute to much more outrageous films?
                            I thought the first kill by the cannibals was genuinely shocking; it took me about 15 minutes afterwards to shake it.
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                              I thought the first kill by the cannibals was genuinely shocking; it took me about 15 minutes afterwards to shake it.

Comment

• **Update on THE GREEN INFERNO**

Our Collector's Edition for Eli Roth's cannibalistic carnage is now complete! Final list of extras are as follows:

- 2 DISC SET - includes the exclusive original CD soundtrack by Manuel Riverio with bonus tracks
                                - NEW Into the Green Inferno - an interview with co-writer/producer/director Eli Roth
                                - NEW Uncivilized Behavior: Method Acting in The Green Inferno - featuring interviews with actors Lorenza Izzo, Daryl Sabara and Kirby Bliss Blanton
                                - Behind the Scenes footage - nearly an hour of never-before-seen footage.
                                - Audio Commentary with co-writer/producer/director Eli Roth, producer Nicolí¡s Lí³pez and cast members Lorenza Izzo, Aaron Burns, Kirby Bliss Blanton and Daryl Sabara
                                - Original Publicity Featurettes including The Making of The Green Inferno
                                - Theatrical Trailer
                                - TV Spots
                                - Still Galleries - Storyboards and Makeup Tests, Behind-the-Scenes photos, Village Construction, Publicity, movie stills

Street date planned for next month on 4/23/19. Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/the...lector-…
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X