Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween 4 & 5 coming to Blu-ray from Anchor Bay

So says http://halloweenmovies.com/

No firm details yet but the link above mentions new transfers, commentaries and featurettes so AB is probably rolling out the special edition carpet for these. Hopefully the previous extras are carried over too. I don't care about 5 so much, though I'll probably get it anyway, but I've always really liked the fourth film.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

According to Amazon, official release date is 8/21/12.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Part 5 isn't as good as part 4, but I'll still get it. Part 6 is when the series really starts testing my patience.

Comment

Details just announced here.

Bonus features for IV:

Bonus Features: Deleted & Alternate Scenes (30 minutes of NEW scenes!), Audio Commentary with Director Dwight H. Little and Author Justin Beahm (NEW), Audio Commentary with Actors Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris, Audio Commentary with Writer Alan B. McElroy, HALLOWEEN 4/5 Discussion Panel, and Theatrical Trailer
        Bonus features for V:

Bonus Features: Audio Commentary with Director Dominique Othenin-Girard and actors Danielle Harris and Jeffrey Landman; Audio Commentary with Actor Don Shanks and Author Justin Beahm (NEW); HALLOWEEN 5: Orginal Promo (NEW) and HALLOWEEN 5: On Set Footage (NEW - 17 mins. of raw footage)

Both will get 1080p HD transfers and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Audio.

Click image for larger version

Name:	halloween-4-bd-final-cover-233x300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	339010

Name:	halloween-5-bd-final-cover-233x300.jpg
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	339011
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          Bonus features for IV: Deleted & Alternate Scenes (30 minutes of NEW scenes)
          That didn't happen. These are not on the disc. AB sent out a press release yesterday apologizing for the confusion.

Loomis is angry!

Name:	16-1.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	339289

I really just wanted to post that picture of Donald Pleasance, but yeah, the deleted scenes are not included on the H4 Blu-ray.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Its been a long time since I have seen anything beyond PART 3 of this series....

Slightly nervous about devoting time to sit through them again!!!

Then again, I don't want to make Donald even angrier so I MAY have to do it!!

Comment

4 holds up fairly well, in my opinion. Danielle Harris is really good in it and Pleasance is fun. You definitely don't want to anger him, he's got a quick temper!

Will be checking out 5 for the first time in years soon. I remember not being nearly as keen on that one.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I really like 4 and 5. Danielle Harris is great. 4 is, of course, the better of the two. I didn't think it was all that impressive on BD.
                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Compare it to the DVD we have - there's a pretty noticable difference. It's a dark movie and made on a low budget so it's not going to look amazing, but I was pretty happy with the transfer.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    Will be checking out 5 for the first time in years soon. I remember not being nearly as keen on that one.
                    And last night's revisitation confirms it. 5 is better than I remember it being but not nearly as good as 4. Harris is still good in it, Pleasance is nuts, the rest of the cast sort of wander in and out. The sequence in the barn is done fairly well, the whole sex and death motif mixing together well, and there is some decent tension in the old Myers home towards the end.

I guess I should follow it up with 6, as 5 is more or less to be continued...
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                    X