No announcement yet.

BFI to Release BBC's Ghost Stories On DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a ship notice on the box from Amazon UK this morning.

Comment

Me too. :D

Note: in the BFI's release news yesterday or the day before, they announced another Ghost Stories set to be released in January -- but it's going to omit? some of the titles in this set. Seems strange, I'm curious what the point is.

Comment

I can beat you chaps: my set arrived today, and I'm going to start watching it tonight :)

Jealous yet?

Ben, is that set that's due to be released in January omitting some of the recent adaptations and including only the original 1970s GHOST STORIES... strand? If that's the case, I can see the logic behind that.

Btw, for those who preordered the set, its price on Amazon has gone up to £37 now!
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Paul and I win - my set arrived today too. I'm going to watch the hell out of it.

Ben, there are two cases inside the cardboard slipcase; 1 standard Amaray for the non-James titles and a wider, 4-spindle Amaray for the James titles. I assume the latter case will be released individually as the future set - it's ready to go as a standalone.

Spooky.

Comment

Racists.

Comment

Lashing out.

Comment

It's not easy being green.

Comment

I've got THE UNINVITED arriving tomorrow. Barry, did you stump for the UK DVD or did the recent viewing slake your thirst?

I can't remember if I liked this movie... hopefully, it's Halloween-suitable.

Comment

Yep, got the shipping notice Monday. Plus, I didn't have to pay VAT. So there.

I liked it -- for all that it's serious about its scares, it's not so far off THE GHOST BREAKERS that you can't see the dumb romantic comedy skeleton of the thing (and for better and worse, Ray Milland's no Bob Hope). It's weak tea compared to the MR James stuff, but Americans never did know how to make tea.

Comment

Ha. Yeah, my plan is MR James after the main feature and a few shots of port. Milland's great and at least there'll be no gurning.

No VAT? Must be a Canadian thing.
                      Clive Smith
                      noodle doodle
                      Last edited by Clive Smith; 10-31-2012, 02:36 AM. Reason: missing words, even

Comment

Originally posted by Clive Smith View Post
                        Ben, there are two cases inside the cardboard slipcase; 1 standard Amaray for the non-James titles and a wider, 4-spindle Amaray for the James titles. I assume the latter case will be released individually as the future set - it's ready to go as a standalone.
                        I wondered about that too, Clive.

For the uninitiated, a pic :

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Wonderful composition, depth of field and phone sock.

Comment

Yep, should have moved that out of the way But it shows off the two Amaray cases, I think; like you say, they're almost 'ready to go' as standalone releases.

Comment

DVDs balanced upon a CD, with remote and (ensockelled) cellphone: still life, mixed media.

The red & green ghostlights are merrily seasonal, too.

Want.
                              Barry M
                              Super Fiend
                              Last edited by Barry M; 10-31-2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                                Want.
                                Wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X