NIGHTBREED: THE CABAL CUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIGHTBREED: THE CABAL CUT

Rue Morgue interview with Seraphim Films' Mark Miller on what is now becoming known as NIGHTBREED: THE CABAL CUT. News on the VHS rough cuts findings, putting the CABAL CUT together and whether or not we'll ever see it on DVD. CLICK HERE.

Interesting. I thought that Seraphim Films had gone under. A shame the film elements haven't turned up but I'd be ok with a VHS sourced release if that's all that there was to work with.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This cut is like 30 mins. longer than the theatrical version. Can not wait to see it.

Comment

THE CABAL CUT runs 3 hours.

Comment

The article you linked to says it's 2 hrs 35m.

Comment

Yeah, the 3 hour comment notes that it includes some duplicitious footage. Either way, even at 2:35 it's a lot longer. Given that Barker fans have been waiting YEARS for this, it's certainly a step in the right direction.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I just want to see this film the way Clive intended it because I think the theatrical cut is a good flick but is obviously severely compromised. Even still there's some great scenes.
              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I remember, when Fangoria was covering the film originally, seeing a pic of Cronenberg with half of Narcisse's/Hugh Ross' head on the end of one of his knives. I know the character gets killed by Decker in the book, but survives at the end of the film. I wonder if Narcisse gets killed off in the longer edit?

Comment

New interview with Barker. He covers in depth his health crisis. He also says the powers that be want to do a NIGHTBREED cable series.
                  CLICK HERE

Comment

A Nightbreed cable series?!? Uhgg... Just say no to cgi and crappy cable series.

Comment

Generally I'd agree with the ugghh but the comic series was actually kinda cool and so if they based it off of that.... maybe.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I liked the Nightbreed/Hellraiser x-over.

Comment

It was well done. The first run of Barker comics were good. The Eclipse Books of Blood adaptions, the early Hellraiser issues from Epic, the Nightbreed stuff.

The Pinhead solo comic... not so much. Cool cover on issue #1 though.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The other one I really liked was the Pinhead/Marshall Law x-over. Friggin' hilarious, intentionally so, at times.

Comment

Yeah, that one was awesome. Pretty much everything Marshall Law was awesome.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X