No announcement yet.

NIGHTBREED: THE CABAL CUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I assume that Shout had access/got a scan of the theatrical cut from Warner Brothers (who still had the rights to the film when they did their release) and, for whatever reason, Arrow didn't.

Comment

• UHD release coming 8/1/23.

Click image for larger version

Name:	349668590_243422121640561_1771603921140103208_n.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	415111
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Getting really tired of these companies announcing 4K releases of films with multiple cuts and then only ever presenting the theatrical cut in that resolution.

Comment

• Here's the full press release from Shout.

SCREAM FACTORY™ Presents NIGHTBREED COLLECTOR’S EDITION

ARRIVES AUGUST 1, 2023 IN A 4-DISC 4K UHD™+ BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK FROM SCREAM FACTORY™

“A rip-roaring monster flick, all the stops out and pumping with imagination.”
          – John Stanley, Creature Features

Experience Clive Barker’s classic masterpiece in terror as you’ve never seen it before! On August 1, 2023, SCREAM FACTORY™ will release NIGHTBREED Collector’s Edition in a 4K UHD™+ Blu-ray™ combo pack. Available for the first time being released in 4K UHD format, this highly anticipated release features a new 4K scan of the best-surviving film elements from the “Theatrical cut” and comes loaded with “Director’s Cut” on Blu-ray and special bonus content. The collector’s edition includes collectible slipcover packaging with original theatrical poster art and a reversible art wrap featuring alternative art.

Loyal fans and collectors, please note the following deluxe bundle offers from ShoutFactory.com

Pre-order now!
          • NIGHTBREED Collector’s Edition 4K UHD™ + Blu-ray™ | Pre-order here

• NIGHTBREED Collector’s Edition 4K UHD™ + Blu-ray™ + 2 Posters + Slipcover Pre-order here

Name:	nb1.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	415774

*Order from ShoutFactory.com and get the NEW 4K UHD release of NIGHTBREED, an exclusive 18”x24” rolled poster of the original theatrical artwork, a second exclusive 18”x24” rolled poster featuring a new design, and two slipcovers.

• NIGHTBREED Collector’s Edition 4K UHD™+ Blu-ray™+ 2 Posters + Lobby Cards + Enamel Pin Set | Pre-order here
          *Order from ShoutFactory.com and get the NEW 4K UHD release of NIGHTBREED, an exclusive 18”x24” rolled poster of the original theatrical artwork, a second exclusive 18”x24” rolled poster featuring a new design, two slipcovers, a Limited Edition enamel pin set via Gutter Garbs (limited to 500 units), and a Limited Edition lobby card set via Gutter Garbs (limited to 500 units).

Name:	nb2.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	415775

Written and directed by visionary filmmaker Clive Barker (creator of Hellraiser) and based on his popular novel Cabal, the cult-classic film, NIGHTBREED, stars Craig Sheffer (Hellraiser: Inferno), Anne Bobby (Born on the Fourth of July), David Cronenberg (Director, Eastern Promises), Charles Haid (Hill Street Blues) and features a soundtrack by award-winning composer Danny Elfman.

Boone (Craig Sheffer) may be a troubled young man, but his troubles are just beginning. Set up as the fall guy in a string of slasher murders, he decides he'll hide by crossing the threshold that separates “us” from “them” and sneak into the forbidden subterranean realm of Midian. Boone will live among the monsters.

Hellraiser creator Clive Barker writes (adapting his novel Cabal) and directs this vivid leap into horror that asks: in the battle of man vs. monster, who's really the monster? The answer supplies flesh-crawling suspense, sudden fear, a colorful Danny Elfman score and a creepy array of shape-shifting beings. They are the Nightbreed, denizens of a world beyond death, beyond the imagination, perhaps beyond anything you've seen.

DISC 1: 4K UHD (Theatrical Cut)
          • NEW 2023 4K scan of the best surviving film elements
          • In Dolby Vision (HDR-10 Compatible)
          • Audio Commentary with film critics Adrian J. Smith and David Flint
          AUDIO:
          DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0. 5.1

DISC 2: Blu-Ray (Theatrical Cut)
          • NEW 2023 4K scan of the best surviving film elements
          • Audio Commentary with film critics Adrian J. Smith and David Flint
          • Memories of Midian – an interview with actor Nicholas Vince
          • Walking the Line Between Heaven and Hell – interview with critic Kat Ellinger
          • Speaking Up for the Monsters – an interview with critic Kim Newman
          • Theatrical Trailer
          AUDIO:
          • DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0, 5.1

DISC 3: Blu-Ray (Director’s Cut)
          • Audio Commentary with writer director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Allan Miller
          • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of NIGHTBREED – a 72-minute documentary on the production
          • Making Monsters – a look at the special makeup effects
          • Fire! Fights! Stunts! - a look at the second unit shoot
          AUDIO:
          • DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0, 5.1

DISC 4 – Bonus Disc (Blu-Ray):
          Special Features:
          • Deleted Scenes
          • Monster Prosthetics Masterclass
          • Cutting Compromise
          • The Painted Landscape
          • Matte Painting Tests
          • Makeup Tests
          • Stop Motion Lost Footage
          • Rehearsal Test
          • Still Galleries – sketches, deleted scene photos, poster and pre-production, on-the-set images.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I don't see much point in upgrading if the director's cut isn't in 4k.
            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• ...of the best surviving film elements
              I hate it when they say that but don't specify what that means. Not the OCN, presumably, even though I had no idea that was missing for the theatrical version. So, an interpositive? A beat up 35mm theatrical print?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaibatan View Post
                I hate it when they say that but don't specify what that means. Not the OCN, presumably, even though I had no idea that was missing for the theatrical version. So, an interpositive? A beat up 35mm theatrical print?
                You know, atoms and shit...
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                X