No announcement yet.

NIGHTBREED: THE CABAL CUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I dunno, if people like it that much that they're willing to pay that price, that's their thing. But considering an pricey Criterion disc usually doesn't break 40...hell, most television season sets don't top 50....80 bucks, IMO, is nuts.

But I guess if they can get that much for it, power to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Bates-Hardy View Post
      Even the hosts of The Screamcast said they thought it was asking too much, and those guys were ecstatic when Scream Factory announced their complete Halloween box-set.
      I'm getting the distinct feeling that Shout is starting to think that they can charge whatever the hell they want for these releases and they'll get their asking price. They've been releasing solid (for the most part) product, and I enjoy what they're releasing, but damn. I did have to think twice about that NIGHTBREED LE, but even if I end up hating it, there's a ton of people who'll buy the disc from me anyway, no doubt.

Comment

why should that cost be passed down to the consumer?
        ...cuz it's a business? And they need to make a profit, otherwise what's the point?

Comment

The thing that pisses me off is I don't really care about the extra footage. As someone who grew up on the theatrical cut, that's the version I want to see in HD. Ah well. Scream Factory just made it easier for me to give my money to Mondo Macabro for their upcoming Blu releases.
          It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zane C. View Post
            They've been releasing solid (for the most part) product, and I enjoy what they're releasing
            For the most part, yes, but there have been enough dodgy releases (Darkman, Nosferatu, Ravenous) to cause me to stop pre-ordering their discs sight unseen.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Bates-Hardy View Post
              The thing that pisses me off is I don't really care about the extra footage. As someone who grew up on the theatrical cut, that's the version I want to see in HD. Ah well. Scream Factory just made it easier for me to give my money to Mondo Macabro for their upcoming Blu releases.
              You might be the only person who doesn't want to see the director's cut in HD!

Comment

Well It's not that I don't want to see it., but having never seen it, I can't say which version I'd prefer. What I can say is the theatrical cut is the one I watched over and over again as a teenager and it's the one I have nostalgia for, warts and all.

Comment

I mean I've already pre-ordered the non-$80 version of the Director's Cut, so I'm going to own it whether it's the version I prefer or not.

Comment

Amazon has sold out of their allotment of the Nightbreed limited edition and have removed the listing.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                      Amazon has sold out of their allotment of the Nightbreed limited edition and have removed the listing.
                      Damn. Good thing I ordered yesterday!

Comment

They finally showed up on Amazon.ca. The Limited Edition is still available but for $85.18 CDN. No thank you.

Comment

Wow. Glad I didn't wait.

Comment

I really like NIGHTBREED. I remember reading CABAL not long before the film came out (during a summer holiday in Cornwall) and snagging the film as soon as it hit VHS (I had a big box ex-rental VHS in my collection until fairly recently). In fact, a friend of a friend did some of the effects work on the film. But that $80 set is too rich for my blood, especially considering the fact that it'll get slapped with import duty and the extortionate Royal Mail handling fee as soon as it hits UK shores.

Think I'll have to settle for the vanilla release.
                            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

That limited edition quantity has changed. From FB:

***NIGHTBREED: LIMITED EDITION - Now 10,000 UNITS***

Hello all! We have some news today regarding our NIGHTBREED: THE DIRECTORS CUT (LIMITED EDITION) release that we hope will make many of you happy.

To say that we were caught by surprise over the frenzied demand for it would be an understatement. Preorders across the board went so quick that we almost had to post soon that we were sold out of the original 5,000 units. We sensed your concerns that would happen too.

We want to give as many fans of Clive Barker's exceptional film the opportunity to purchase the set and so we went back to Warner Bros (since they have the rights to theatrical cut) and explained the situation. They graciously understood and so we can now officially tell you that we have expanded the number of units for the LIMITED EDITION SET to 10,000 total--which will all be numbered. Once they are sold out though, that will be it.

We are taking pre-orders again on our site at http://www.shoutfactory.com/product/...deluxe-edition and they should also be available soon to pre-order on other fine online retailers. If you have questions about your order from our site, please contact our customer service at shoutfactorycs@owd.com
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

***BREAKING: FINAL SPECS for NIGHTBREED:THE DIRECTOR'S CUT Revealed!***
                                We are very excited today to announce the final list of extras that will be available on our two releases of NIGHTBREED: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT (both out on 10/28). We thank every fans of "Midian" for being patient for this long-awaited news and we hope you are pleased.

We begin with an official statement from Clive Barker's team on this extraordinary project: "The Nightbreed Director's Cut is an entirely different film than the one which was released in theaters. Its 20 minutes longer than the theatrical cut, but it contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage. Clive oversaw the reconstruction and edit himself, personally ensuring that, at long last, he was able to tell the story he always wanted to tell, but until now, had never been given the chance. Once the scenes were reordered, and the original film footage restored, the entire film received a brand new sound mix and color pass. It is, in every way, a different movie. It contains more story, more monsters, and there's even a musical number. Ultimately, what we've delivered is a love story 25 years in the making."
                                The breakdown for each set is as follows:

DVD & BLU-RAY COMBO SPECIAL EDITION SET
                                • New “Director's Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
                                • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
                                • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
                                • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
                                • Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
                                • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
                                • Original Theatrical Trailer
                                1:78 Widescreen/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Dolby Digital 5.1/English Subtitles
                                LIMITED EDITION 3-DISC BLU-RAY SET (10,000 Numbered Pieces - also includes Collector's book)

DISC 1: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT
                                • New “Director's Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
                                • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
                                • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
                                • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
                                • Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
                                • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
                                • Original Theatrical Trailer
                                1:78 Widescreen/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Dolby Digital 5.1/English Subtitles

DISC 2: BONUS DISC
                                • Deleted and Alternate Scenes (approx. 20 minutes)
                                • Monster Prosthetics Master Class
                                • Cutting Compromise - an interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
                                • The Painted Landscape: The Concept Art of Ralph McQuarrie
                                • Matte Painting Tests
                                • Makeup Tests
                                • Stop Motion Lost Footage
                                • Extended Torture Scene
                                • Rehearsal of Boone's dream
                                • Extensive Still Galleries - Early Sketches, Deleted Scene, Posters and Pre-Production art, On the Set, The Cast and Crew
                                DISC 3: THE THEATRICAL CUT
                                • New transfer from the inter-positive
                                1:78 Widescreen/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/English Subtitles

**NOTE: Those who order the Limited Edition and Special Edition sets directly from us at www.ScreamfactoryDVD.com will also receive an exclusive 18”x24” poster of the newly designed artworks (available while supplies last) plus a 2-week early ship on 10/14.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X