ID:	346575

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nightbreed-cover-2-398x500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	346576
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It is a kind of goofy, silly movie...but I liked Cronenberg in it.....He was just TOO good at his part for it all to be acting!.

Not sure how much they can re-instate to make the movie any better....

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
        It is a kind of goofy, silly movie...but I liked Cronenberg in it.....He was just TOO good at his part for it all to be acting!.

Not sure how much they can re-instate to make the movie any better....
        About 40+ minutes of new footage from the sounds of it. The Director's Cut will be just slightly shorter than The Cabal Cut, which reinserted all the missing footage but apparently dragged on a bit long. Also all the footage in the Cabal Cut was sourced from a VHS, but from Scream Factory's posts on Facebook it sounds like they found the actual film reels that had the missing footage, so the Director's Cut will be in much better shape than the Cabal Cut.
        It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

Yeah, they had to go thru over 600 boxes, but found the negs. Cliff said a lot of the cut footage was perfect and in some ways may be better looking than the theatrical cut materials.

Comment

I believe though some of it doesn't have audio, or so I saw somewhere on facebook today.

Comment

Yes, some with no audio -- it seems. They're still working on it, btw. It's not completed at this time.

Comment

Man, I forgot how rubbery those critters on the cover looked. I think there's some NEON MANIACS and BASKET CASE sequels cast members in there.
                I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Nightbreed limited edition is $56 at amazon. Order fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                    After I already pre-ordered the regular Collector's Edition from Diabolik? Dammit.

Comment

I grabbed on. That's a pretty fair price and I figure I can cancel before it ships if someone beats Amazon on it.

There's an interesting read on Kentai's blog here about this release.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That blog seemed a little bitter.
                        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Ok, so I've never seen this movie before, but it sounds like something I would enjoy. There's been so much controversy around the different cuts of this movie that I thought it sounded like if it was something I wanted to see, I better snag it while I could.

I picked up the LE from Amazon. Is it better to buy through Shout? Amazon was, as you guys mentioned, waaaaay cheaper. Hopefully they deliver on the LE for me.

Comment

If this is the same film that I remember, I guess I have to be the one to say I'm amazed that anyone would pay even 60 bucks for it. No offense. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                              If this is the same film that I remember, I guess I have to be the one to say I'm amazed that anyone would pay even 60 bucks for it. No offense. :)
                              I love this movie for reasons of pure nostalgia and because I love old school monster make-up, but I hear you. $80 is obscene and I can't help but feel that the price tag is because there is a hungry market of Barker fans who will pay anything for it. No matter what the story is regarding the amount of work, time and money that went into the restoration- which I'm sure was at a considerable expense- why should that cost be passed down to the consumer?

Comment

Even the hosts of The Screamcast said they thought it was asking too much, and those guys were ecstatic when Scream Factory announced their complete Halloween box-set.

Comment

Working...
                                X