X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4K release coming next year!

https://m.facebook.com/DarkSkyFilms/...54411889969144

Comment

Not sure I want to see it in 4K ( even if I could)

A movie like HENRY works better without HD clarity in my opinion....too clean and clear...prefer an older, grainier, scuzzy version

Comment

Day 1 for me! I don't even own it on DVD, and it's a favourite!

I used to reason like you with some films, sukebanboy, but then I saw TCM in HD, losing none of its grimy atmosphere while at the same time being absolutely beautiful! Henry is also 16 mm and should look grainy even in 4K resolution, only now with a grain structure truer to the source.

Comment

Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post

I used to reason like you with some films, sukebanboy, but then I saw TCM in HD, losing none of its grimy atmosphere while at the same time being absolutely beautiful! Henry is also 16 mm and should look grainy even in 4K resolution, only now with a grain structure truer to the source.
          Haha...i am certainly looking forward to being proved wrong with this one then as I too believe this is one movie that needs to be owned.
          Not a big fan of CHAINSAW, but I will definitely be keeping an eye on this HENRY release now.

Comment

Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post

Haha...i am certainly looking forward to being proved wrong with this one then as I too believe this is one movie that needs to be owned.
            Not a big fan of CHAINSAW, but I will definitely be keeping an eye on this HENRY release now.

Comment

Hope they use the Joe Coleman painting / original one-sheet for the cover (or at least a reversible cover with it as an option)

Comment

Yes please!

Comment

I don't know if it's true but I remember reading that the Joe Coleman art was rejected for being too disturbing.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Yeah rejected by the M P A A, back in the bad old days when everyone was too tight-assed for their own good.

Comment

It's either you or them.
                      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I'll definitely upgrade if it turns out well. I have a flyer for the film with Joe Coleman's artwork for a showing in NYC. It may have come from Joe as I corresponded with him a little bit. Seems like I have some postcards for the movie, too.
                        Keeth
                        Last edited by Keeth; 08-26-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                          It's either you or them.
                          It's always the same and always different.

Re: the Joe Coleman artwork. I remember when the BBFC finally passed HENRY in 1989/1990, my local BFI-funded cinema showed the film and they had a poster with the Joe Coleman artwork on it in the box office. They even had t-shirts bearing the Joe Coleman artwork for sale in the box office; needless to say, I bought one and may still have it somewhere.
                          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Found it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	351123

Name:	back.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	351124

Name:	inside.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	351125

Comment

Nice!
                              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                Do you think though that the film's exploitative nature (and I agree with you that it's definitely there) makes it a lesser picture? The violence, particularly the sexualized side of the violence, definitely makes it a more effective movie in my opinion.
                                I agree with you, Ian: the sexualized violence makes it a much more effective picture, more powerful, more disturbing, more fascinating.

One of my favorite movies of all time. Terrific score, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X