[REC] 3 - Genesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REC] 3 - Genesis

OK, I admit that I really loved the first two films in the series and am not in the least bit ashamed to have spring a pretty substantial nerd boner over this third one.

No word on a domestic release so far as I know. Hopefully Sony picks it up or it gets a BD release in Canada like the earlier movies.

Not much else to say, but the imdb's plot summary states:

"The action now takes place miles away from the original location and partly in broad daylight, giving the film an entirely fresh yet disturbing new reality. The infection has left the building. In a clever twist that draws together the plots of the first two movies, this third part of the saga also works as a decoder to uncover information hidden in the first two films and leaves the door open for the final installment, the future '[●REC] 4 Apocalypse.'"

So it looks like there will be a 4th and final film and that they're trying something new this time around. I'm down.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

And a second trailer...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Bloody Disgusting has got a gallery of promo stills up.

Sony's got it for America, so no Blu-ray (unless the Canadians pony up like they did for the first two movies - here's hoping).

I know there are a lot of people who didn't dig the first two movies but I did and I'm kinda stoked for this.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

UK one sheet....

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I enjoyed the first two films. And will rent this one as soon as it hits dvd.

Comment

Mondo Digital just posted this on FB, coming 9/3 on DVD & Blu from Entertainment One in the UK.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rec.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	339012
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I heard that this one takes a VERY different approach than the first two by being a horror-comedy....first two were stright up horror right?

Comment

The first two were played straight, yes.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I really enjoyed the first film and the second was better than expected, this seems to be directed by Plaza without Balaguero and looks a bit more low-budget but should still be fun. I really liked Balaguero's Nameless and even Darkness is underrated I think, his new film Sleep Tight looks promising.

Randy G
                  Last edited by Randy G; 06-27-2012, 05:27 AM.

Comment

I like and own the first two but if it's true this one is going to be a horror comedy I'm disappointed. I can't think of a less likely horror series to inject comedy into.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Well...just finished watching this one.....

Definitely a lot "lighter" in tone than the first two......but enjoyable none the less....

Zombies run riot at a wedding is the overall story.....but it is done pretty well...pretty bloody (when it gets going) ...and that girl is a HOTTIE!!.....watchable...if nothing really new (apart from the reason the dead come back to life)

Pretty short though...80 mins (incl credits) is not really trying hard!!

Comment

I think it's going to be available on demand here soon, if it isn't already - but I'd rather wait for a domestic Blu-ray release and see it that way.

Unless I get impatient and import the UK disc when it comes out...
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Not worth shelling out big bucks for IMHO.....Like i said, watchable...but no big surprises along the way....and the "hand held " angle of the series is quickly dispensed with in this one...with no real explanation why...

Comment

Plaza said in the interview that he wanted to try something different. I don't think there was anything more to it than that.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Plaza said in the interview that he wanted to try something different. I don't think there was anything more to it than that.
                              Can understand that....and it Is nice to see an established series take a bit of a turn instead of just repeating what has come before (or REBOOTING it)....Just jarred a bit when watching it...the first 20 mins are hand held camera...but when the infection starts it suddenly switches to normal camerawork...

Comment

Working...
                              X