No announcement yet.

The Official KILLER BIGFOOT MOVIE Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to the latest Red Letter Media video I watched Demonwarp. It has some good qualities to it, namely the effects and titties, but there's not much gore to it. I like the ideas it had and the last 20 minutes were kind of fun.

I still think Night of the Demon is top dog of the Bigfoot gore flicks:

James Rolfe showcases nearly all of the gore scenes in the above video but it's worth it. If I had it my way, Night of the Demon would be remastered for 2K, 7.1 surround sound Blu, released by Criterion and with a commentary by Roger Ebert. "Roger Ebert is dead" you might say, well my solution is to grab every piece of audio he's ever done and assemble that into a commentary. It would totally be worth it.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
      If I had it my way, Night of the Demon would be remastered for 2K, 7.1 surround sound Blu, released by Criterion and with a commentary by Roger Ebert. "Roger Ebert is dead" you might say, well my solution is to grab every piece of audio he's ever done and assemble that into a commentary. It would totally be worth it.
      Y'know, normally I'd say Night of the Demon (indeed the best bigfoot gore movie ever) benefits from a shitty, dark VHS transfer as opposed to HD, but your pitch just sold me. Bring on the Roger Ebert approved Criterion Blu!

Comment

• http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news...ggy-it/736988/

Legend of Boggy Creek

I know the title but have no idea if I've ever seen it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keeth View Post
          http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news...ggy-it/736988/

Legend of Boggy Creek

I know the title but have no idea if I've ever seen it.
          I thought I saw it but it turned out to be CREATURE FROM BLACK LAKE.

Comment

• I have a really crummy taped sourced DVD that may be of dubious legality - not an ideal presentation by a long shot. Will be nice to see this get a proper HD transfer.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
              Long time lurker, I registered a few months ago, but this is my first post…

Ian, I have seen this, and while it is not non-stop horror like others of this genre, it still has its moments, as a sasquatch clan kills members of a hippie commune setting up camp near the creatures' living area.

Not sure where the title came from. I guess the filmmakers used "sasqua" thinking that's plural for sasquatch (and maybe it is)?

James Whitworth (who played Papa Jupiter in THE HILLS HAVE EYES) is probably the most well-known actor in the film, maybe even the only actor familiar to anyone. I think he's the head of the commune.

I'm a sucker for any bigfoot flick. (This one was shot in Massachusetts, and being from there, I'm also a sucker for any horror movies set in that state.) One of my most-desired films is in this genre as well, the 1979 REVENGE OF BIGFOOT. It was made in Arkansas by Harry Thomason (THE DAY IT CAME TO EARTH, SO SAD ABOUT GLORIA, ENCOUNTER WITH THE UNKNOWN), and it seems lost at this point.

Hi Lorne (and any other Bigfoot nuts getting notifications on this thread). I've been looking for a copy of Sasqua for many years now, and was hoping that someone would be able to help me out with a copy, or point me to some shady corner of the internet to grab it from? I've been collecting bigfoot movies (and well, just about anything bigfoot) since the 90s and would appreciate any kind of help I could get on tracking this one down. You can see my old website that I can't update anymore to see what I had as of several years ago here: http://home.epix.net/~tirinis/bigfoot.htm Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Comment

• New Hulu documentary series Sasquatch coming soon (tomorrow, actually).

https://www.thedailybeast.com/did-bi...-of-california
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Press release!

Small Town Monsters Continues the Quest for Sasquatch

On the Trail of Bigfoot: The Journey Debuts June 8th on VOD

Latest Doc Mixes Monstrous Mystery & Human Drama

Documentarian Seth Breedlove Combs Upstate New York for Evidence of the Elusive Legend

Wadsworth, OH - Following a wildly successful 2020 with the releases of Mark of the Bell Witch and The Mothman Legacy, Small Town Monsters has announced the release of their latest documentary, On the Trail of Bigfoot: The Journey. The Journey is the followup to the miniseries "On the Trail of Bigfoot", and cryptid documentarian Seth Breedlove leads the Small Town Monsters team deep into the Adirondacks on the hunt for Sasquatch. On the Trail of Bigfoot: The Journey will be available to purchase or rent on June 8 on a number of platforms from 1091 Pictures, including iTunes, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu and FandangoNOW.

Breedlove and his handpicked crew of adventurers and investigators headed to the Adirondacks of upstate New York for an intensive, adventure-filled week searching for Sasquatch. The team documented the trip, which included multiple days and nights in the forests around upstate New York and Western Massachusetts. Their trip was spent with Bigfoot researchers like Steve Kulls ("Monsterquest") and Paul Bartholomew (Finding Bigfoot, Beast of Whitehall) who led them on the search for their quarry.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Small Town Monsters Heads to the Pacific Northwest to Explore Evidence of Bigfoot in the Forest of Washington
                      On the Trail of Bigfoot: The Discovery Debuts November 2
                      Latest Doc Probes Local Legends and Findings of Mysterious Nests
                      Wadsworth, OH - A Sasquatch research group operating out of the Olympic Peninsula area of Northern Washington believe they have finally uncovered definitive evidence. The Olympic Project were informed of a unique find by a land surveyor in 2016 in an extremely remote part of the peninsula. The find is documented in a new feature from documentarian Seth Breedlove titled On the Trail of Bigfoot: The Discovery. On the Trail of Bigfoot: The Discovery will be available to purchase or rent on November 2nd on a number of platforms from 1091 Pictures, including iTunes, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu and FandangoNOW.

The discovery alluded to was a series of structures that seemingly defy zoological logic. Members of the Olympic Project believe the structures to be a “nest site” for Bigfoot with massive beds made of woven sticks and underbrush that would require the use of opposable thumbs to construct.

Biologists, members of the forest service and other Bigfoot researchers believe this to be the best evidence ever found for an unknown animal in North America. On the Trail of Bigfoot: The Discovery takes viewers through the process of locating and examining the nest site, as well as relating experiences had by members of the group in the Olympic Peninsula. Breedlove, when asked about the unique finding featured in the documentary related “in 70 plus years of documentaries focusing on this subject, this might be the most fascinating find ever unveiled for an audience.”

On the Trail of Bigfoot: The Discovery is directed, edited, written and narrated by Seth Breedlove and features interviews with and evidence collected by members of the Olympic Project.

The biggest breakthrough in the search for Sasquatch has just been found in Northern Washington. Documentarian Seth Breedlove heads to the Olympic Peninsula where he finds the Olympic Project: a Bigfoot research group who have found the best evidence for the existence of the creature. Breedlove and members of the Olympic Project head deep into the forests of the Pacific Northwest to learn more about the infamous “Nest Site”. The nests may hold the key to understanding what people are encountering around the United States. Along the way they find that the evidence they seek might not be the only thing waiting for them in the shadowy woods…
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Soooo, REVENGE OF BIGFOOT (1979) has surfaced. Though it cuts off abruptly before the end. Someone over at the CHFB posted about this so i did some googling and found it on youtube. Anyhoo, here it is if anyone wants to take a look.

https://youtu.be/5odQWZGlU58
                        Spaghetti Monkey
                        Last edited by Spaghetti Monkey; 02-01-2022, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• Thanks a lot for the link, SM. This has been at the top of my “most sought-after” bigfoot movies for a few decades. It was great to see but, naturally, I doubt it will live up to anyone’s expectations. I guess I was expecting more of a horror film than a comedy. It was a real shock to see they got Bill Saluga to do his “Ray Jay Johnson” routine in a throwaway scene involving the signing of a petition.

I was also surprised by the revelation in the credits that the flick wasn’t actually directed by Harry Thomason. That might explain why it seemed so much more amateurish (relatively speaking) and lighter than the other other stuff Thomason did (THE DAY IT CAME TO EARTH, ENCOUNTER WITH THE UNKNOWN, SO SAD ABOUT GLORIA).

I’m not sure but this version up on YouTube appears to have been recorded off a screen with a camera and microphone; the image wasn’t horrible, but the audio was. You can constantly hear noises in the background, especially toward the end, when it sounded as if someone was doing household chores while making this recording (I swear I heard running water, possibly in a kitchen sink, more than once).

Of course, the worst part is that the tape (or whatever media it was uploaded from) begins to stutter and then eventually freeze just shy of the 65-minute mark. Hopefully someone has the whole thing and will make it available for some enterprising label - hello, Vinegar Syndrome or Severin - to release. (In the YouTube comments section, one person remarks that the actor who plays the Indian may possess a more complete rendition.)
                          Lorne Marshall
                          Last edited by Lorne Marshall; 02-05-2022, 02:22 AM.
                          VHS will never die!

Comment

• Hahah, yeah, it's not good. But i've been waiting a long time to see this too. And you do get Indiansploitation and Bigfoot thrashing a hootenanny. But yeah, the person who posted this is the actual directors son. I can't help thinking he may be looking to release the film, and this is kind of a free preview maybe? Who knows, but now i've at least seen most of it, and it is better than RETURN TO BOGGY CREEK.

Comment

• Got my copy of Night of the Demon pre-ordered.

Comment

• Surprise release from Synapse!

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...ay-all-region/
                                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                                X