No announcement yet.

The Official KILLER BIGFOOT MOVIE Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a check disc for BIGFOOT WARS. Watching it tonight. I'm expecting to be let down on a SyFy channel level. But who knows miracles do happen.

Comment

BIGFOOT WARS.... holy shit! Second worst movie I've seen this year. Doesn't even run movie length. It's only 1hr 12 minutes long. No suspense, bad acting, only things that were up to snuff were the gore FX. On his FB page, author, Eric Brown, is hosting a local premiere of the movie this weekend. I don't think he's seen the finished product yet. If I were him I would have viewed it BEFORE holding that premiere. He has my condolences.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

EXISTS (2014) streets 2/3/15!
          DVD & Digital Copy for sure. Blu-ray unknown at this point.
          Killer Squatch FX by Spectral Motion

Click image for larger version

Name:	10402775_731661850262289_7732122151725215615_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	347230

Comment

Watched Exists last night! Awesome flick! Very well done.

Ace

Comment

Eduardo Sanchez just got done doing a radio interview. Here are the highlights:

His next foray into Killer Squatch flicks might be for TV. He's trying to get an EXISTS TV series greenlit. And he's got two other movies about to be greenlit, one about Neanderthals and one he wouldn't get into only saying it's going to be a horror movie. I had no idea Sanchez has been fascinated by Bigfoot most of his life. He almost had a big budget Squatch movie greenlit by Legendary studios but once they partnered up with Warner that studio killed the project. Thanks, WB. Also I didn't know the last time there was a Bigfoot movie that was released theatrically was HARRY AND THE HENDERSONS (1987). There hasn't been one since. EXISTS comes close since it got a limited theatrical release.

Oh, and he revealed he did a commentary for the EXISTS DVD and blu-ray and there'll also be a documentary on it about the making of the movie. Sweet!

He also says he went found footage with EXISTS because to him Bigfoot is a found footage monster. Almost everything we know about the creature is through found footage. Yeah, that's a solid defense. I'll buy that.

Comment

EXISTS streets 2/3 on DVD only!:

- Audio Commentary with Director Eduardo Sanchez
                - "21 Days in the Woods: Behind-the-Scenes of Exists" featurette
                - "Bringing Bigfoot to Life" featurette
                - Deleted Scenes

Closed Captioned: English SDH
                Subtitles:Spanish
                Feature Run Time: 81 minutes
                DVD Format:16x9 Widescreen (1.78:1)
                DVD Audio Status: English 5.1 Dolby Digital

Comment

Timo Rose has a new bigfoot series in the works. Info and a trailer here:

http://www.fangoria.com/new/barricad...igfoot-series/
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hmmm....

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_noo12w1HyY1u80nl9o1_.jpg
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	348322
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Stomping Grounds comes out on DVD tomorrow.

"
                        Stomping Ground is an independent horror-comedy about Bigfoot from director Dan Riesser, former producer of E!'s The Soup. John Bobek, Tarah DeSpain, Jeramy Blackford and Justin Giddings star, with a special appearance by Theresa Tilly (The Evil Dead).

"Everyone from Team Stomping Ground is thrilled to finally get to unleash our film into the world," states Riesser. "Every member of the cast and crew worked really hard bringing it to life. We hope folks enjoy our different sort of Bigfoot creature feature."

Stomping Ground cast and crew members - including Riesser and Tilly - will celebrate the film's release with a signing at Dark Delicacies in Burbank, CA on March 8th at 7pm. The cast and crew will also be in attendance for a special screening of the film at Laemmle's Playhouse 7 in Pasadena, CA on March 10th at 7:30pm.

Limited edition Stomping Ground DVDs, which include an 11x17 poster signed by the cast and crew, can be pre-ordered directly from BrinkVision.com. The movie is also available for pre-order through Amazon.

Stomping Ground is the story of Ben and Annie, a young couple on a weekend trip to Annie's small North Carolina hometown. At the local bar they run into Paul, a charming old friend of Annie's, and Ben learns something he never knew about his girlfriend: She believes in Bigfoot. In fact, she and her friends used to “hunt” for the creature when they were kids. Before Ben knows it, he's off on an impromptu Squatchin' trip deep in the Carolina backwoods. Amidst the Squatch calls, campfire stories and beers, Ben quickly realizes that Paul may have an ulterior motive in bringing Annie to the woods. And something else out here seems to be after her as well. Everyone but Ben thinks its Bigfoot. But it can't be, can it? After all, Bigfoot isn't real."
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• This popped up on a FB discussion - anyone know anything about it? Doesn't seem to be readily available, no legit DVD release that I can find and not even a torrent seems to be around.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0877502/

Click image for larger version

Name:	15442116_1763654920623924_2493018976243603434_n.jpg
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	351765

The IMDB comments make it sound pretty fun.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            This popped up on a FB discussion - anyone know anything about it? Doesn't seem to be readily available, no legit DVD release that I can find and not even a torrent seems to be around.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0877502/

The IMDB comments make it sound pretty fun.
                            Long time lurker, I registered a few months ago, but this is my first post…

Ian, I have seen this, and while it is not non-stop horror like others of this genre, it still has its moments, as a sasquatch clan kills members of a hippie commune setting up camp near the creatures' living area.

Not sure where the title came from. I guess the filmmakers used "sasqua" thinking that's plural for sasquatch (and maybe it is)?

James Whitworth (who played Papa Jupiter in THE HILLS HAVE EYES) is probably the most well-known actor in the film, maybe even the only actor familiar to anyone. I think he's the head of the commune.

I'm a sucker for any bigfoot flick. (This one was shot in Massachusetts, and being from there, I'm also a sucker for any horror movies set in that state.) One of my most-desired films is in this genre as well, the 1979 REVENGE OF BIGFOOT. It was made in Arkansas by Harry Thomason (THE DAY IT CAME TO EARTH, SO SAD ABOUT GLORIA, ENCOUNTER WITH THE UNKNOWN), and it seems lost at this point.
                            VHS will never die!

Comment

• Hey Lorne, thanks for the post. Sounds right up my alley. How did you get to see it, if I might ask? I like the idea of Bigfoot taking on some hippies.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                Hey Lorne, thanks for the post. Sounds right up my alley. How did you get to see it, if I might ask? I like the idea of Bigfoot taking on some hippies.
                                Damn, which would smell worse, bigfoot or the hippies? I am actually leaning toward the hippies.

Comment

Working...
                                X