Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridlely Scott's PROMETHEUS (Leaked Trailer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not saying much. Gladiator was a bad movie.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It wasn't bad IMO. Just not very good. Sort of like the mediocricy of mainstream hollywood in its essense. But yeah, Ridley has not made anything above mediocre for 20+ years now.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

So apparantly Scott is already talking about a Prometheus sequel!

http://www.killerfilm.com/articles-2...ews+Updates%29

I just thought Prometheus was so enjoyable - returning to the world of science fiction was so fun - that I wanted to [go back to Blade Runner, too]. I'm also thinking about what the hell I might do for a Prometheus 2,”
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

He is fucking 74 years old! RETIRE ALLREADY YOU FUCKING GEEZER!

Comment

Okay no one directly answered my question but going by the comments here I take it this isn't animation. Then why the fuck do the people look like cartoons? How do you even do that? Will there be a DVD special feature where Ridley explains how he made real, live humans look like The Jetsons? I bet the bastards only put it on the Blu-Ray...

I hear a lot of people saying that the worst thing to happen to modern movies is cig or quick cutting, hand held camera work. I'd say it's actually computer colour grading. Nothing looks real anymore. Technicolour circa 1939 was more convincing. I learnt the basics of colour grading last year and it was a serious eye opener. Everytime I was shown something new my first thought was that's why movies look shit.

But back to the movie. I thought this wasn't a prequel? Sure looks like Aliens to me.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Dom D might have stumbled upon something here. Movies nowaday look very fucking un-real and computery.

Comment

I'll reserve judgement until I see more than just the trailer, but I see Dom's point too. It's definitely got a cartoon look to certain aspects of it.

And yeah, it's supposed to be a prequel.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Fango article here.

"When the first ALIEN movie and BLADE RUNNER were made, I thought that in the near future the world will be owned by large companies. This is why we have the Tyrell Corporation in BLADE RUNNER, and Weyland-Yutani in ALIEN. They sent the Nostromo spaceship."
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cartoon lookin. The annoying thing is that my stepdad will want to see this, my mom won't, so I'll end up going. This looks uninteresting.

Comment

So are there Aliens in it or not?
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

No one seems to know yet.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7YK2...ayer_embedded#!
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

So the full length trailer is hitting 3/17/12 according to Bloody Disgusting. Who are also reporting that Scott will be doing a Q&A afterwards. See, all of this is happening at the AMC Theater in LA, so unless you're in LA, you're probably not gonna get to see it until they launch it before whatever is hitting theaters or it hits the web, which I'd imagine will be shortly after this event.

Man, they're doing an awesome job with the hype machine for this one - really building anticipation for it. I mean, here I am writing a post about... ooooo! The trailer, not the teaser we already saw but the trailer, is coming soon!

Nerdy.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is one summer movie I cannot wait to see. Dying to see this new trailer now, too. That last one was pretty damn spectacular.

Comment

Wait, so Scott is going to do a Q&A after the TRAILER? What the piss?

Comment

Working...
                                X