No announcement yet.

RE-ANIMATOR COMING TO BLU-RAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes...its all coming back to me now!!!

Good luck with that party!!!

(Actually very SURPRISED that was actually available on youtube!!!)

Comment

Both the German BD of RE-ANIMATOR and the German BD release of SOCIETY arrived today! Quite excited about digging into both of these: I held off buying the US BD of RE-ANIMATOR due to the issues with it, and SOCIETY is one of my fave US horrors of the period.

I might try that 'integral' cut of RE-ANIMATOR for my first go-round with this Blu - heresy, I know, but I've seen the film so many times before that this could make an interesting change.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Re: the German BD. The 'integral' version, which integrates footage from the 'R' rated cut into the unrated version, runs for 104:55 mins (for the curious).

Here's a full breakdown of the set.

DISC ONE (Blu-ray):
        *The film (unrated version)
        Audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon
        Audio commentary with producer Brian Yuzna and actors Jeffrey Combs, Barbara Crampton, Bruce Abbott and Robert Sampson
        Isolated music score (DTS 5.1)
        'Re-Animator Resurrectus' documentary (65:49)
        Interviews:
        - Director Stuart Gordon and producer Brian Yuzna (46:47)
        - Writer Dennis Paoli (10:14)
        - Composer Richard Band (14:06)
        - Fangoria scribe Tony Timpone (4:22)
        Music analysis by composer Richard Band (15:47)
        Extended scenes:
        - Letters of recommendation (0:45)
        - Declaration of love (0:41)
        - Dinner (3:27)
        - Tempted (1:23)
        - In the refrigerator (0:42)
        - Resuscitation (0:42)
        - Dark Past (0:47)
        - Small talk (0:23)
        - Decisions (2:31)
        - Making plans (2:38)
        - Megan and Dr. Hill (Reela) (0:58)
        - Shocking revelation (1:11)
        - Do what I tell you (Reela) (1:52)
        - Examination (00:54)
        - Now what? (0:19)
        - Wait (0:34)
        Deleted scene (2:41)
        TV spots (2:32)
        Multi-angle storyboards:
        - Scene 1 (00:48)
        - Scene 2 (2:51)
        - Scene 3 (1:20)
        Trailer (2:06)
        Bonus trailers

DISC TWO (Blu-ray):
        *The film ('integral' version)

DISC THREE (DVD):
        *The film (unrated version)

Here are some screenies to compare with the US Blu (the US caps are from Ian's review here). I don't have a BD drive, so my screenies are from the DVD version - but they'll illustrate the differences in terms of composition and framing, I think.

US Blu

New German DVD/Blu combo

US Blu

New German DVD/Blu combo

US Blu

New German DVD/Blu combo

US Blu

New German DVD/Blu combo

US Blu

New German DVD/Blu combo
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

The German 3-disc Blu-ray release of BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR is due at the end of February:

There's also a steelbook containing both RE-ANIMATOR and BRIDE... due on the same day. Not sure which, if any, of the extras from either release will be ported over to the steelbook, or whether they'll be barebones editions of the films alone:

Comment

Hmm... if that steelbook has the extras from the single disc releases, it shall be mine.

Didn't even realize there was a Bride Blu-ray in the works. I know it's not as good as the first one but I still like it and would be happy to upgrade on that title.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So, has anyone seen the integral cut? Exactly which scenes are included/excluded? I may need that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernski View Post
                So, has anyone seen the integral cut? Exactly which scenes are included/excluded? I may need that.
                Wernski, the 'integral' cut of RE-ANIMATOR is the unrated cut with the additional scenes from the 'R' rated version included. It's not entirely necessary (I prefer the unrated version, personally) but a pretty interesting alternative version of the film regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  Hmm... if that steelbook has the extras from the single disc releases, it shall be mine.

Didn't even realize there was a Bride Blu-ray in the works. I know it's not as good as the first one but I still like it and would be happy to upgrade on that title.
                  I'd possibly plump for the steel with both films in it myself, Ian, but I already bought the 3-disc release.

I'm looking forward to BRIDE. It's a pretty good film. It'll be nice to have both cuts of the film in HD. I'm not sure what extras are to be on that release, however. I'm preordering it, as I did with RE-ANIMATOR, as the 3-disc version of the first film (released in Sept/Oct) already seems to be OOP and sells for 52 Euros on Amazon.de now!

Nevertheless, I think I'm right in saying that Second Sight are still planning to release both films on BD in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                    Wernski, the 'integral' cut of RE-ANIMATOR is the unrated cut with the additional scenes from the 'R' rated version included. It's not entirely necessary (I prefer the unrated version, personally) but a pretty interesting alternative version of the film regardless.
                    All of the deleted scenes, or just some of them? Because some of the West moments, and the crazy dinner hypnosis scene, I think are great and would love them in the same film as the unrated scenes. But the fifteen minutes of Bruce Abbot and Barbara Crampton joking around in bed would be a chore... I don't think all of that footage was ever meant to be seen all together. I was thinking (or hoping?) this version was more selective/ ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernski View Post
                      All of the deleted scenes, or just some of them? Because some of the West moments, and the crazy dinner hypnosis scene, I think are great and would love them in the same film as the unrated scenes. But the fifteen minutes of Bruce Abbot and Barbara Crampton joking around in bed would be a chore... I don't think all of that footage was ever meant to be seen all together. I was thinking (or hoping?) this version was more selective/ ideal.
                      The integral version throws everything in and runs for 105 mins. The 94 min 'R' rated version is available as an 'easter egg'. The integral version is an interesting curio, but the unrated cut is definitive, I believe - and the presentation on the Capelight disc is stellar, way ahead of the US Blu.

However, the Second Sight disc will no doubt present a cheaper option.

Comment

Dig the cover.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BflxacYCEAAQ1QJ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	345174
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, will look nice next to my German Re-animator media book. I pre-ordered it together with the German limited edition release of Trick or Treat. Don't know about the latter, but I figure I better order it now because it's limited to only 1500 copies, and if I don't care for it, I should always be able to sell it off again.

Comment

Diabolik has the standard and steelbook versions of the German Blu-ray set up for pre-order here.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Dig the cover.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9356[/ATTACH]
                              Got this today. Going to watch it tomorrow.

Comment

I broke down and imported the big German 3-disc set. Picture looked great (of course), but thought I'd add the integral version is pretty great. Yeah, the Bruce and Barbara scene in bad does go on too long in the beginning; but after that, I think it's the definitive version of the film for me; and it all cut together seamlessly.

Comment

Working...
                                X