Mansion of the Doomed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansion of the Doomed

When I rented this movie on VHS some years back, the Bingo VHS was rated PG and 86 minutes. IMDb says rated R and 89 minutes. Tubi has a version that's 103 minutes. Does anyone know why? Is Tubi's print an expanded version?
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076361/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0 https://tubitv.com/movies/487272/man...med?start=true

No idea why, but I'm holding out for Full Moon's bd… ;)

Comment

I picked up the dvd way back in the 00's. Full frame and depressing as hell. Watched it once and remember little about it except that it wasn't much fun.
      "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
        I picked up the dvd way back in the 00's.
        Gary, would you mind telling me the running time of the DVD? Thank you. I'm beginning to suspect that Tubi's version is slowed down somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by James Reed View Post
          Gary, would you mind telling me the running time of the DVD? Thank you. I'm beginning to suspect that Tubi's version is slowed down somehow.
          Wish I could help you out on that, James. I dumped the dvd shortly after I watched it and don't recall the running time (although it felt like forever).
          "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Thought I had a copy of it and finally found it. My copy came from 905 Entertainment (think that was Trinity and was somehow associated with MCA). Anyway, it's 84:29 minutes long.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think someone slowed this film down. I have no idea how or why.

Comment

I just checked my Full Moon disc. Despite a cover that claims 88 minutes, actual run time is 1:22: 05, and it looks like a VHS rip. God bless Charles, don't ever change.

Comment

Originally posted by James Reed View Post
                  Thanks guys. I think someone slowed this film down. I have no idea how or why.
                  Yeah, I went to check it out on Tubi (because I actually really like this flick), but you're right, James, the speed has been horribly reduced. I started watching it and noticed everything moving in slow motion. Then I skipped through the entirety of the offering and learned it was like that throughout, which accounts for the longer running time. I have no idea what the hell they were thinking when they did this.
                  VHS will never die!

Comment

And here's another slowed-down print of a 1970s Charles Band movie. That's two of them I've discovered so far. What is with Full Moon? https://tubitv.com/movies/495960/end...rld?start=true

Comment

It's now on sale at the Full Moon site!

https://www.fullmoondirect.com/Mansi...ay_p_1616.html

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                        It's now on sale at the Full Moon site!

https://www.fullmoondirect.com/Mansi...ay_p_1616.html
                        Well, at least the listed running time is 86 mins., and the pics on the back cover don't look too bad (to me, anyway).
                        VHS will never die!

Comment

That's good news. No special features mentioned, though, not even a trailer. I wonder if the Tubi version will get replaced by the proper version. (And whoever wrote the description on the website didn't bother to spell check the back cover. "Resented" and "Masehart", LOL.)

Comment

I'm not expecting any miracles, just that'll be more watchable.

Comment

Almost started a new thread just now called "Charles Band: I can't even." Reason being is him fucking up several of his releases recently. Also previously. But again, now.

For instance, I blind bought the new Blu-ray of CRASH! The QC ain't gonna win any awards and the movie is not great. Fine, par for the course. But at the end of the film just before the credits roll, there is suddenly some idiotic video graphic stating "Full Moon No. 2." Because what the disc needed was some arbitrary garbage imposing itself over the original film. Almost as lame as the end of GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS where suddenly they cut to video footage of the car from the film doing donuts on a dirt lot. So I gotta ask myself, is the Blu-ray of MANSION OF THE DOOMED (which I pre-ordered from Amazon) going to suddenly say "Full Moon No. 1" at the end, before the movie even finishes? Because if that is the case, not only do I want to cancel my order, I think I'm going to trim my Band collection (if you can call it that) down to the absolute minimum (which is, let's face it, pretty much just TOURIST TRAP) and avoid his shit to the maximum extent possible. Dude has become a one-man VCI. Or maybe that's redundant.

Comment

Working...
                              X