No announcement yet.

Creepshow on BD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full press release for the upcoming Shout! Factory special edition.

“Romero and King have approached this movie with humor and affection, as well as an appreciation of the macabre.” - Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun Times

Creepshow Collector's Edition Blu-ray Debuts October 23rd, 2018 from Scream Factory

In Creepshow, masters of the macabre - writer Stephen King and director George A. Romero - conjure up five shocking yarns, each a virtuoso exercise in the ghouls-and-gags style of classic '50s horror comics. Available October 23rd, 2018, from Scream Factory, the Creepshow: Collector's Edition Blu-ray features a new 4k scan of the original camera negative supervised and approved by director of photography Michael Gornick, as well as a sinister smorgasbord of brand-new bonus features, including two new audio commentaries and over 100 minutes of new interviews with cast and crew. Fans can pre-order their copies now by visiting ShoutFactory.com

A murdered man emerges from the grave for Father's Day cake. A meteor's ooze makes everything ... grow. A professor selects his wife as a snack for a crated creature. A scheming husband plants two lovers up to their necks in terror. A malevolent millionaire with an insect phobia becomes the prey of a cockroach army. Add the spirited performances of an excellent cast (Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeau, Leslie Nielsen, Ted Danson, E.G. Marshall and King himself) and the ghoulish makeup wizardry of Tom Savini, and you have a non-stop, thrilling ride in Creepshow.

Creepshow Bonus Features:

-NEW 4K scan of the original camera negative - Color correction supervised and approved by director of photography Michael Gornick
    -Audio Commentary with Director George A. Romero and Special Make-Up Effects Creator Tom Savini
    -NEW Audio Commentary with director of photography Michael Gornick
    -NEW Audio Commentary with composer/first assistant director John Harrison and construction co-ordinator Ed Fountain
    -NEW Terror and the Three Rivers - a round table discussion on the making of Creepshow with John Amplas, Tom Atkins, Tom Savini and Marty Schiff
    -NEW The Comic Book Look - an interview with costume designer Barbara Anderson
    -NEW Ripped From The Pages - an interview with animator Rick Catizone
    -NEW The Colors of Creepshow - a look at the restoration of Creepshow with director of photography Michael Gornick
    -NEW Into The Mix - an interview with sound re-recordist Chris Jenkins
    -NEW Mondo Macabre - A look at Mondo's various Creepshow posters with Mondo Co-Founder Rob Jones and Mondo Gallery events planner Josh Curry
    -NEW Collecting Creepshow - a look at some of the original props and collectibles from the film with collector Dave Burian
    -Audio Interviews with director of photography Michael Gornick, actor John Amplas, property master Bruce Alan Miller, and make-up effects assistant Darryl Ferrucci
    -Tom Savini's Behind-the-Scenes Footage
    -Horror's Hallowed Grounds - a look at the original film locations hosted by Sean Clark
    -Deleted Scenes
    -Theatrical Trailers
    -TV Spot
    -Radio Spots
    -Still Galleries - Posters, Lobby Cards and Movie Stills
    -Still Galleries - Behind the Scenes photos
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

My copy was stuck in USPS purgatory for the last 7+ days but has arrived today. Looking forward to watching it! I haven't seen the film in a very long time but it has always been a fave. I still have the original comic adaption.
      Keeth
      Last edited by Keeth; 12-04-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EtZ3e6qXMAAkHKF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	359449
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

European boxed set release coming soon.

Name:	FDThFXQWYAAOfPp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	360801
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Part III is a disgrace.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I made the mistake of watching Day of the Dead 2, no fucking way was I going to watch Creepshow 3.
              agent999
              Last edited by agent999; 11-04-2021, 06:41 PM.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Shout Factory announced that they're releasing this on UHD in June.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

https://shoutfactory.com/products/cr...40136612970630

Name:	339772406_230192776254275_8679430628935362355_n.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	412201

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Scream is also releasing CREEPSHOW 3 as a limited edition site exclusive. Good luck moving 1500 copies of that turd.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                      Scream is also releasing CREEPSHOW 3 as a limited edition site exclusive. Good luck moving 1500 copies of that turd.
                      If it had a slip it would sell out.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post

If it had a slip it would sell out.
                        ugh, I shouldn't be surprised at the number of posters on the Blu-ray.com forum saying they are buying Creepshow 3, but I kinda was.

I assume Shout also has those two awful Day of the Dead movies from the same company and will also be doing site exclusives for them.

Comment

Walmart exclusive steelbook release coming 2/27/24.

Name:	410777059_777484761088621_1002485754306473066_n.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	425083
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Walmart exclusive steelbook release coming 2/27/24.

Name:	410777059_777484761088621_1002485754306473066_n.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	425083
                            Romero spinning in his grave. What the fuck did he ever do to Shout Factory to be insulted like that?

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post

Romero spinning in his grave. What the fuck did he ever do to Shout Factory to be insulted like that?
                              The real insult to Romero is Shudder's Creepshow tv show. Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X