Jordan Peele's Nope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Peele's Nope

So apparently this is coming out in a year.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/jor...-horror-movie/

"So news about his third movie was exciting even before we knew anything about it beyond its cast, which includes Daniel Kaluuya, Keke Palmer, and Steven Yeun. But now we at least know the title: Nope.

Revealed alongside its poster and release date by Peele on social media (which you can see below), the title is a cheeky and amusing nod which follows in the tradition of 1960s and '70s horror movies like Nicholas Roeg's Don't Look Now. Edgar Wright famously homaged that style of horror titling as well in his fake trailer for a Grindhouse movie that doesn't exist: Don't."

Click image for larger version

Name:	E66JyClVgAIDKB7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	371691
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I didn't mind the last one he did, even if I thought his first one was not great, and didn't care for The Twilight Zone reboot. I'll check this one out.

Comment

He picked a title that reflects my response to his work. Nicely done.

Comment

The ad line "From the mind of Jordan Peele" is just about as annoying as "The (insert number) film from Quentin Tarantino".
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
          The ad line "From the mind of Jordan Peele" is just about as annoying as "The (insert number) film from Quentin Tarantino".
          I wish you hadn't pointed it out hahaha. Now I'm annoyed.

Comment

"From the ass of (insert name here)..."
            "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
              He picked a title that reflects my response to his work. Nicely done.
              I agree. This is nothing for me.
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                I agree. This is nothing for me.
                NOTHING is what the next movie will be called.
                "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

You guys are harsh! Get Out was a pretty fun spin on Stepford Wives. Us had a good beginning and a new concept. It got really fucking stupid- really, really stupid- but it still had more than a lot of horror movies have got. Twilight Zone and Lovecraft Country both sucked but lot of hands in the pot for those.

I'll watch another one.
                  "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I'm just being silly. I liked GET OUT a lot but haven't seen any of his other horror stuff. I love Key and Peel and all his comedy. I did think LOVECRAFT COUNTRY looked great but was pretty rote for the one episode I happened to catch. Still, wasn't bad per se. I do need to get around to watching US, which is odd because I'm in love with Lupita Nyong'o and I liked the trailer. I'm just stuck in the past maaaan.
                    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Yeah, I thought the Twilight Zone reboot sucked, but I don't put that on Peele, who doesn't have a writing credit on any of the episodes, and seem to just have been more of an overseer in keeping their tone consistent. I think his hit to miss ratio is still promising at this point so long as you don't blame him for everything he's stuck his name onto, so I'm optimistic for Nope at this point. But if it blows, then I might write Get Out off as a lucky fluke.

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                      That's nothing compared to “From The Horribly Beautiful Mind of James Gunn” on the upcoming Suicide Squad promos.

Comment

M Night Peele's Nope Trailer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=In8fuzj3gck

Oh fuck nope!
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                          M Night Peele's Nope Trailer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=In8fuzj3gck

Oh fuck nope!
                          That's a quality trailer. I'm in.
                          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Trailer doesn't look bad, my opinion. I'll likely see this at some point, but I get that M. Night vibe from Peele as well.

Comment

It can't be easy for a relatively new director to have so much pressure put on him to deliver. It would probably be better if he were allowed some time to come up with something really good as opposed to "We want the next GET OUT.... NOW!".
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                              X