Rob Zombie Making A New Munsters Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Zombie Making A New Munsters Film

This has been rumored for a while but now it is confirmed.

"Rob Zombie has confirmed speculation that he will next direct a feature version of The Munsters. The musician/director confirmed the news on his personal Instagram page this afternoon, posting a logo for the film and saying, "Attention Boils and Ghouls! The rumors are true! My next film project will be the one I've been chasing for 20 years! THE MUNSTERS! Stay tuned for exciting details as things progress!" Zombie has been trying to get this off the ground for years and years, and reports from Murphy's Multiverse and Bloody Disgusting as of late place Sheri Moon Zombie and Jeff Daniel Phillips as playing Lily and Herman Munster in the film, with the cast also including Richard Brake, Dan Roebuck, Jorge Garcia and Cassandra (Elvira) Peterson. "

More here:

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/the-...ilm-confirmed/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oh no.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

You know, Herman Fuckin' Munster, Grandpa Fuckin' Munster, Eddie Fuckin' Munster...
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Hoping it's sleazy, subversive and rated R.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Oh no.
          My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by James Reed View Post
            My thoughts exactly.
            I wish they'd stop attempting to remake: The Munsters, Three Stooges, Laurel & Hardy, Little Rascals, etc. This will be even worse than usual because it just won't be a flat dud, it's going to be an obnoxious, white trash train wreck. It's humor is in the absurdity of it's wholesomeness.

I'm at once happy and sad to see Cassandra Peterson's name in the cast. I hope she gets paid nicely.
            "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

No. No.

Comment

The possibilities are endless:

The normal one (whatever her name is ) could be a drug addict because she can't relate to the rest of them.
                Eddie could be a chronic leg humper.
                Grampa could be eyeing little children with bad intent. (Bonus if you know what song that came from).
                Herman could have Daddy issues.
                Lily could be a ruthless, heartless bitch, making Herman feel castrated.
                Their house could be a trailer.
                "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                  The possibilities are endless:

The normal one (whatever her name is ) could be a drug addict because she can't relate to the rest of them.
                  Eddie could be a chronic leg humper.
                  Grampa could be eyeing little children with bad intent. (Bonus if you know what song that came from).
                  Herman could have Daddy issues.
                  Lily could be a ruthless, heartless bitch, making Herman feel castrated.
                  Their house could be a trailer.
                  Don't forget the laugh track ala "I Love Mallory".

Comment

Not a Rob Zombie fan so I wouldn't have high hopes, though I suppose if the right approach is taken, it could work. Anyone seen THE BANANA SPLITS MOVIE? I haven't, but I grew up watching the TV show and am intrigued by the fact they made a horror film around it. Could be fun, could be incredibly silly, I don't know. I've considered making a blind buy. (I vaguely recall liking the same director's LEVEL 16.)
                    VHS will never die!

Comment

The Banana Splits Movie was stupid fun. Way better than I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
                        Not a Rob Zombie fan so I wouldn't have high hopes, though I suppose if the right approach is taken, it could work. Anyone seen THE BANANA SPLITS MOVIE? I haven't, but I grew up watching the TV show and am intrigued by the fact they made a horror film around it. Could be fun, could be incredibly silly, I don't know. I've considered making a blind buy. (I vaguely recall liking the same director's LEVEL 16.)
                        I enjoyed LEVEL 16, but I did not like THE BANANA SPLITS MOVIE. It really doesn't do anything with it's concept; once the novelty of the familiar characters killing people wears out (which is pretty fast) it's just a repetitive series of stalk and slash scenes.

Comment

You both have given me some considerations to mull over. Thanks for your input...
                          VHS will never die!

Comment

I guess the script will be full of enchanting and beautiful dialogue such as: "Fucking motherfucking cocksucking fucking fucking fuck fuck... fucker. Fucking fucknut fucking fuck fuck cocksucker. Fucker". I hate Rob Zombie if you couldn't tell. AND his talentless annoying wife.
                            Nabonga
                            Last edited by Nabonga; 06-12-2021, 02:28 PM.
                            https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

I'm honestly not expecting much of this movie at all, BUT.... RZ is a huge Munsters fan. Yes, he'll cast his annoying wife in it and he'll probably turn in a bad movie, but I don't think that he'll turn in anything that crass. I do sincerely believe that he's got some respect for the source material.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X