Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EVIL DEAD 2 (25th Anniversary Special Edition) Blu-Ray (Lionsgate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVIL DEAD 2 (25th Anniversary Special Edition) Blu-Ray (Lionsgate)

AMAZON - 11/15

Special Features:

• All-new, 90-minute, HD, multi-part Swallowed Souls: The Making of Evil Dead II documentary (includes Dead by Dawn, The Chosen One, Madman Sam, Dead Effects, Re-Animated, Method to Madness and Rosebud)
    • 2 all-new featurettes (Road to Wadesboro: Revisiting the Shooting Location of Evil Dead II and Cabin Fever)
    • NEW Artifacts of the Dead stills gallery.
    •The existing audio commentary (with writer/director Sam Raimi, actor Bruce Campbell, co-writer Scott Spiegel, and special makeup effects artist Greg Nicotero)
    • 2 vintage featurettes (The Gore the Merrier and Evil Dead II: Behind the Screams)
    • Theatrical trailer in HD
    • Video/still gallery archives of marketing materials, production photos, special effects, animation and more - NEW
    • Archival featurettes, footage, galleries, TV spots and more…
    Shawn Francis
    Last edited by Shawn Francis; 09-02-2011, 07:16 PM.

Interesting to see that this is coming from Lionsgate and not Anchor Bay.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks like they lost the rights to it, but NOT EVIL DEAD? Is there a blu-ray out of that one? Wonder if they still own the rights to all those Hammer flicks they used to put out?

Comment

AB put out an Evil Dead Blu-ray a year or two back - it wasn't that long ago (and they did a nice job with it too). No idea on the Hammer films.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cliff just told me Studio Canal owns EVIL DEAD 2 now and Lionsgate has a deal with them. Have to put that EVIL DEAD blu-ray on my wishlsit then. Getting a code free blu-ray this Christmas, fingers-crossed. So, how does the EVIL DEAD blu-ray look? What kind of extras does it have? I got the BOOK OF THE DEAD standard version.

Comment

It carries over most of the extras from the last SE, it doesn't lose much. It looks way better, sounds way better too. AB actually did a great job on it, it's definitely worth owning.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Good to hear. WILL be putting it on my DVD Empire wishlist then.

Comment

And it's got both aspects included.

I'm holding off on this one. Friggin' pre-order with no information whatsoever? No thanks.

Comment

From FANGORIA: "While chatting up all those Sam Raimi associates, Felsher has also been talking to them about EVIL DEAD II, which Lionsgate Home Entertainment issues on a new Blu-ray currently slated for November 15. While Felsher can't reveal everything you can expect to find on this disc, he does tell us, “There will be a huge making-of documentary with over two dozen members of the cast and crew [including Campbell, pictured above], and much more. Also, Lionsgate is aware of how dissatisfied people were with the transfer on the previous EVIL DEAD II Blu-ray, and are taking steps to solve that issue for the new edition.” Keep your eyes on this site for further details!"

Comment

Man, I hope so...they had mentioned a bunch of extras for the Army of Darkness blu-ray edition as well, but as near as I can tell, "Screwhead Edition" means "You're a screwhead for buying this barebones stuff" :D

Comment

I'm more concerned about the transfer than the extras. There have been loads of extras done for all the ED movies so far, I don't know what else there is to learn about. Just make sure it looks nice and sounds nice and I'll double dip.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Agreed. The Blu of ED is fantastic, with both aspects included. Other than checking out the extras to see what was included, i didn't even go there . Maybe they could talk to the people who put out ED1.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          I'm more concerned about the transfer than the extras. There have been loads of extras done for all the ED movies so far, I don't know what else there is to learn about. Just make sure it looks nice and sounds nice and I'll double dip.
                          Greg Nicotero told me he had six hours worth of home video he took during the making. To someone like me who geeks out on that shit, I would LOVE to see it all. So there...that's what else there is to learn.

Comment

Then I stand corrected. I'd be interested in that footage too.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
                              Greg Nicotero told me he had six hours worth of home video he took during the making.
                              Did anyone else hear that loud crash?

Oh, wait...it was just Todd dropping names.

Howard Berger told me he had 6 hours of cassette tape audio of Greg Nicotero shooting home video of Robert Kurtzman taking polaroids.
                              Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X