X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Turn (2021 reboot)

"Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

I'll make a right turn and pass on this.
    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

With all the shitty remakes that are being announced left and right, I sometimes think the COVID killed us all and we are now in hell.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

This is one of the weirder candidates for a reboot. I know it turned into a franchise but I didn't think it was that impactful.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Kinda surprised they rebooted it. There is what 6 films in the original run? I have seen the first 3 or 4. Decent time wasters but nothing amazing.

Comment

The poster is kind of neat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wrong-Turn-2021-Poster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	359223
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

These reboots happen way too fast now. I mean, give us some time to miss (or at least forget about) the damn thing before you bring it back again.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Wrong Turn 2 and 4 were enjoyable. I could give a rats ass about the rest. Trailer doesn't grab me so I'm good.
                https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Press release!

Street Date: 2/23/21
                  Blu-rayâ„¢ + Digital SRP: $21.99
                  DVD SRP: $19.98

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
                  The eerie backwoods journey begins when Wrong Turn arrives on Blu-ray™ (plus Digital) and DVD February 23 from Lionsgate. The reboot of the iconic franchise is executive produced by Martin Moszkowicz (Resident Evil franchise), Bill Bromiley (3 From Hell, We Summon the Darkness), and Jonathan Saba (The Vanished, Hangman) and stars Golden Globe® Winner and Primetime Emmy® Award Nominee Matthew Modine (Golden Globe®: 1994, Special Award. Primetime Emmy®: 1994, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Special, And the Band Played On), Emma Dumont (“The Gifted”), Charlotte Vega (American Assassin), Daisy Head (“Harlots”), and Bill Sage (“Power”). Wrong Turn will be available on Blu-ray™ and DVD for the suggested retail price of $21.99 and $19.98, respectively.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
                  Backwoods terror and never-jangling suspense meet when Jen (Charlotte Vega) and a group of friends set out to hike the Appalachian Trail. Despite warnings to stick to the trail, the hikers stray off course—and cross into land inhabited by The Foundation, a hidden community of mountain dwellers who use deadly means to protect their way of life. Suddenly under siege, Jen and her friends seem headed to the point of no return— unless Jen's father (Golden Globe® nominee* Matthew Modine) can reach them in time.

BLU-RAY / DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
                  • Deleted & Extended Scenes
                  • “Monsters Among Us: Making Wrong Turn” Featurette
                  • Wrong Turn Promotional Trailer
                  • Feature-Length Audio Commentary with Director Mike P. Nelson

CAST
                  Matthew Modine TV's “Stanger Things”, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Foster Boy
                  Emma Dumont TV's “The Gifted”, “Aquarius”, “Tagged”
                  Charlotte Vega TV's “Warror Nun”, American Assassin, The Lodgers
                  Daisy Head TV's “Harlots”, “Girlfriends”, “Guilt”
                  Bill Sage TV's “Power”, “Reprisal”, The Dinner Party

Trailer: https://youtu.be/lOFl2ayNVIs

PROGRAM INFORMATION
                  Year of Production: 2020
                  Title Copyright: © 2020 Constantin Film Produktion GmbH
                  Type: Theatrical Release
                  Rating: R for strong bloody violence, grisly images and pervasive language.
                  Genre: Horror,Thriller
                  Closed-Captioned: N/A
                  Subtitles: Spanish, English SDH
                  Feature Run Time: 110 minutes
                  Blu-ray Format: 1080p High Definition, 16x9 2.39:1 Presentation
                  DVD Format: 16x9 2.39:1 Presentation
                  Blu-ray Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audioâ„¢
                  DVD Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio

Click image for larger version

Name:	wrong.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	359430
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Going by the synopsis, why even bother calling that Wrong Turn? It has no connection to the original franchise!

Comment

This was different enough from the original that it really didn't need to be called WRONG TURN. I enjoyed it quite a bit, though it's no modern classic or anything. The main problem with it is the 110 minute runtime, just too long for this kind of film. Trim 20 or so minutes and you've got a decent picture.
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I just see these as another endless horror franchise like F13 or TCM, take the good with the bad, most are enjoyable yet disposable with a middling hit/miss ratio. The majority of the horror series demonstrate consistency in quality or continuity and this is just another example. I enjoy them for what they are and I'm sure I'll get something out of this remake/boot/whatever.

Comment

Working...
                        X