I know What You Did Last Summer Trilogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know What You Did Last Summer Trilogy

88 Films are releasing the trilogy on 23rd November.

First two are decent fun. The third is shite.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Boobies...
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I don't know if I need to own this. The main attraction, for me, would be the one-convenient-package hardbox housing the trilogy. BTW, I can't remember if I've actually seen the third film lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
          Boobies...
          Yeah, that's all I remember hahaha.

Comment

I enjoyed the first one a fair bit - in fact, much more than SCREAM - but I don't have the same fondness for later slashers as I do the 1980s ones. I don't think I need to own any of 'em.
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I hated the first one. Still hate it. 2nd one looked like it was a bit gorier which is something. Never saw 3 which made the Fisherman a zombie.
              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

On the whole I prefered I Know How Many Runs You Scored Last Summer. But maybe you need to be a cricket fan.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                  Boobies...
                  Tsssk

These are so-so films, but Lois Duncan's novel on which the first film is loosely based is damned good. I was hunting around for a copy for my teenage daughter to read and discovered that Duncan has rewritten it (and some of her other books of the 1970s) in order to accommodate modern technology (eg, giving the characters mobile telephones). Luckily I managed to score a second hand paperback that is a couple of decades old, prior to the changes Duncan made to the newer edition of the book, and it holds up very well.

I think Duncan was massively disappointed/upset/aggravated with the film adaptation.

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                  'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

"I ... discovered that Duncan has rewritten it (and some of her other books of the 1970s) in order to accommodate modern technology (eg, giving the characters mobile telephones)."

That's alarming!

Comment

Originally posted by mjeon View Post
                      "I ... discovered that Duncan has rewritten it (and some of her other books of the 1970s) in order to accommodate modern technology (eg, giving the characters mobile telephones)."

That's alarming!
                      It's pretty common. I went searching for (Canadian Author) Gordon Korman's McDonald Hall and Bugs Potter series, and they've all been updated with references to modern technology. To be fair, I can understand how a kid today wouldn't understand what a "transistor radio" would bring to the table in terms of enjoyment, but I certainly read enough books as a kid that referenced "crystal radio sets" and didn't wander around afterwards like a stunned dunderhead.

Comment

She also apparently updated the dialog. The older you get the greater risk you have of appearing ridiculous. (Find and Replace: "far out" with "spank"). The only things I know about the youth of today are that they are all bisexual and have tattoos.

Comment

Originally posted by mjeon View Post
                          She also apparently updated the dialog. The older you get the greater risk you have of appearing ridiculous. (Find and Replace: "far out" with "spank"). The only things I know about the youth of today are that they are all bisexual and have tattoos.
                          You're ten years behind the times, dude. The yoof are all pansexual with pink hair now.
                          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                            It's pretty common. I went searching for (Canadian Author) Gordon Korman's McDonald Hall and Bugs Potter series, and they've all been updated with references to modern technology. To be fair, I can understand how a kid today wouldn't understand what a "transistor radio" would bring to the table in terms of enjoyment, but I certainly read enough books as a kid that referenced "crystal radio sets" and didn't wander around afterwards like a stunned dunderhead.
                            I had a crystal radio set

IMO, it's all very patronising to assume, like Duncan and other authors seem to have done, that a younger readership won't understand cultural references from before their time.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                              I had a crystal radio set

IMO, it's all very patronising to assume, like Duncan and other authors seem to have done, that a younger readership won't understand cultural references from before their time.
                              I had never really heard anyone talk about one in real life until an interview with David Lynch haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X