DEEP BLUE SEA 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEEP BLUE SEA 3

This came out on disc this week. I was ready to write this unlikely franchise off after the horrible second one, but I've read a couple positive reviews of this. Basically they say it's good trashy fun. Anyway, sharks!

I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

This is...the first I'm learning that there was a Deep Blue Sea 2.

As a tangent, here's a great oral history of the VFX behind the best moment in the original Deep Blue Sea, which resulted from Samuel L. Jackson hating a bad monologue and Renny Harlin not understanding the tone of the film he was making.

Comment

I VODed Deep Blue Sea 2 a few years ago, since I was bored and sitting in my couch on a rainy afternoon. It was so fucking bad it made me get up and do the dishes instead. That said, I am a sucker for creature features, so I will most likely see part 3 too, sooner then later.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Saw this yesterday, and it's exactly what you'd expect. No rush to see this one, folks!

Comment

I thought this was dumb fun. A huge improvement over the godawful second one. Plentiful gore during the hilarious shark attacks. And a villain straight out of the Snidely Whiplash school, he was only lacking a big mustache to stroke as he laughed evilly. This delivered exactly what you would hope for from a straight to video shark attack film.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I just can't believe that Terence Davies would stoop so low.

Comment

Working...
            X