Upcoming Friday The 13th Blu-Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Friday The 13th Blu-Rays

FRIDAYTHE13THFILMS.COM: So we know a bastard cropped reissue of the reboot is coming from New Line's home division but over in Paramount land plans are afoot to drop a stack of Friday the 13th releases onto the market on October 4. Now obviously you know that Paramount will almost always disappoint you, so no never-on-blu-ray releases. Let's take a look at what they are pooping out, then.

Friday the 13th DVD Collection
    Amazon have no information on this - but DVD Empire have more, including a fair price of $37. The proper name is Friday The 13th: 2011 DVD Collection - Limited Edition Gift Set and the product item page gives a description. Neither site list a number of discs, presently.

Return to Crystal Lake like never before with Friday the 13th Kill. . .Kill. . . Kill. . . Collection Limited Edition DVD box set. They're all here: from the first Friday the 13th: Uncut to Friday the 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan. Re-experience the terror and the gore from the exhaulted executioner who never dies in this definitive collection of all 8 of the Friday the 13th films.

Okay, that's not too shabby. The From Crystal Lake To Manhattan boxset from 2004 is out of print so this would collect the Deluxe Editions into one set. And that will be handy for those that don't have 'em, especially considering some of the later entries are now scarce themselves.

Friday the 13th Blu-ray & Friday the 13th DVD
    The 1980 original will be back on the market in what is presumably a reissue. Can we get some better cover art then the Deluxe Edition, Paramount? Although it looked certifiably badass, the killer on the cover looked like they were wearing black leather. And I don't know about you but the thought of Mrs Voorhees all leathered up makes me throw up in my mouth a little. Oh okay, and a little turned on.

Friday the 13th Part 3 Blu-ray & Friday the 13th Part 3 DVD
    Hopefully it's just Amazon's lazy, inaccurate placeholder details but they are listing the ratio for these as 1.85:1 when the previous releases were 2.35:1 which was what the film was shot in. If it carries through with a cropped 1.85:1 ratio, I don't have to tell you why that's a bad thing for purists. In an ideal world Paramount would use these re-releases to offer up a better 3D print. The existing one was lambasted.

Friday the 13th Deluxe Edition Four-Pack
    Coming earlier than the others on September 20, this will contain the first four Deluxe Edition DVDs. It's a simple enough dumping of old stock. Of minor note, DVD Empire already stock a blu-ray version of that upcoming set, calledFriday the 13th: 4 Movie Collection. It's part of a Paramount Blu-ray sale and is listed as having only 1 Disc. While I would love to report that Paramount just discreetly dropped Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter onto the Blu-ray format, there's evidence on that page to suggest it is a glitch on DVD Empire's part and the release is actually just the first film with an incorrect product title.

When will Paramount learn? Maybe after they're done whoring Star Trek, their “respectable” genre franchise. Anyhow, someone must have fucked up by letting some of those Deluxe Editions turn out so good! Think we'll get parts 4-8 on Blu-ray before there's another format jump? Let us pray.

FRIDAY THE 13TH: The Ultimate Collection DVD Set (Specs & Cover Art)

FANGORIA: Just in time for that other scary holiday, a new boxed set containing all eight films in the original FRIDAY THE 13TH franchise is coming on DVD (but not Blu-ray, unfortunately). Read on for the details.

Paramount Home Entertainment has FRIDAY THE 13TH: The Ultimate Collection slated for release October 4. This set, a Limited Edition of 50,000 numbered copies, will contain the Deluxe Editions of FRIDAY THE 13TH—Uncut through FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN, each film presented in 16x9-enhanced widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtracks. They'll also have all the previously issued special features (including two pairs of 3D glasses for PART III), and the package will additionally contain a replica of Jason's hockey mask and an eight-page Collector's Booklet, all for just $39.99. Here's a rundown of all the extras:

FRIDAY THE 13TH-Uncut:
    · Audio commentary by director Sean S. Cunningham with cast and crew
    · “Fresh Cuts: New Tales from FRIDAY THE 13TH”
    · “The Man Behind the Legacy: Sean S. Cunningham”
    · “FRIDAY THE 13TH Reunion”
    · “Lost Tales from Camp Blood—Part 1”
    · Theatrical trailer

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2:
    · Inside “Crystal Lake Memories”
    · “FRIDAY's Legacy: Horror Conventions”
    · “Lost Tales from Camp Blood—Part 2”
    · “Jason Forever”
    · Theatrical trailer

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART III:
    · 3D version of the film (with glasses)
    · Theatrical trailer

FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE FINAL CHAPTER:
    · Audio commentary by director Joseph Zito, screenwriter Barney Cohen and editor Joel Goodman
    · Fan commentary by Adam Green and Joe Lynch
    · “Lost Tales from Camp Blood—Part 4”
    · Slashed scenes
    · “Jason's Unlucky Day: 25 Years After FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE FINAL CHAPTER”
    · “The Lost Ending”
    · “The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited Part I”
    · “Jimmy's Dead Dance Moves”
    · Theatrical trailer

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART V: A NEW BEGINNING:
    · Audio commentary by director/co-screenwriter Danny Steinmann with cast and crew
    · “Lost Tales from Camp Blood—Part 5”
    · “The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited Part II”
    · “New Beginnings: The Making of FRIDAY THE 13th PART V: A NEW BEGINNING”
    · Theatrical trailer

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES:
    · Audio commentary by director Tom McLoughlin with cast and crew
    · “Lost Tales from Camp Blood—Part 6”
    · “The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited Part III”
    · “Jason Lives: The Making of FRIDAY THE 13th PART VI: JASON LIVES”
    · “Meeting Mr. Voorhees”
    · Slashed scenes
    · Theatrical trailer

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD:
    · Audio commentary by director John Carl Buechler and actors Lar Park Lincoln and Kane Hodder
    · “Jason's Destroyer: The Making of FRIDAY THE 13th PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD”
    · “Mind Over Matter: The Truth About Telekinesis”
    · “Makeover by Maddy: Need a Little Touch-Up Work, My Ass”
    · Slashed scenes intro
    · Slashed scenes

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN:
    · Audio commentary by actors Scott Reeves, Jensen Daggett and Kane Hodder
    · “New York Has a New Problem: The Making of FRIDAY THE 13th PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN”
    · Gag reel
    · Slashed scenes

Comment

I'm gonna merge this with the other F13th thread.

And on that note, wow, is Paramount ever milking this series for all its worth, maybe even more.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I forgot ALL about the fact that I created that other thread. I only like the first one, JASON LIVES, JASON GOES TO HELL, and that much maligned FREDDY VS. JASON.

Comment

I have the first box they put out and I-VI of the DEs. I should get VII and VIII. That'll be cheaper'n getting the box...again.

Comment

Between the two of us we had the 1st run of single discs, then the box. We sold off the single discs and got the SE's when they came out and also have 1, 2 and 3 on BD. I won't be bothering with these again unless they bring out the other sequels on Blu-ray.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh and that boxed set cover art is fuggin' ugly.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I just found out the first four movies ARE on blu-ray, in a collection. CLICK HERE.

Comment

So a bit of news - WB is handling a lot of Paramount catalog titles now, including the F13 movies.

Bloody Disgusting posted this screen cap of some back and forth on FB...

Click image for larger version

Name:	F13_WB_Hint_5_30_13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	343198
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've held off watching the F13 movies for ages in the hope of a BD boxset - looks like that waiting could now pay off.
                    Really looking forward to seeing them all again, I don't think I can even remember lots of New Beginning, New Blood and Manhattan.
                    My website Blushots Please visit and take a look :up:
                    Blushots Twitter
                    Me Twitter :up:
                    Letterboxd

Comment

Adding fuel to the fire, according to a post here Netflix have added parts 3-8 in full 1080p HD. Which I guess means it's safe to assume that the transfers are done.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And the boxed set news is official, coming to Blu-ray on September 13th!

The 10-disc collection ($129.95 SRP) includes the twelve films on nine Blu-ray discs, as well as a killer DVD bonus disc full of special features on the making of the famous franchise. The must-own set will be presented in a collectible tin case with 11 hours of previously released special features and a 40-page soft cover book. The book is excerpted from Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday The 13th, a fan-favorite volume that's viewed as the ultimate memoir of the series, and highlights some of the 200 interviews, 600 photos, storyboards, concept art and more. Also included is a brand new, official Camp Crystal Lake embroidered Counselor Patch.

Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection also includes digital versions of all 12 films with UltraViolet, allowing viewers to download and instantly stream the films to a wide range of devices from computers and compatible tablets to smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.

One of the most frightening franchises in film history, Friday The 13th focuses primarily on the character of Jason Voorhees, who drowned as a young child at Camp Crystal Lake due to the inattentiveness of camp counselors. Many years later, the camp becomes the scene of a number of murders - all of which are either committed or motivated by the avenging Jason, who forever lurks at Crystal Lake with his finely-honed machete.

Films in The Collection include:
                        · Disc 1 - Friday the 13th (1980)
                        · Disc 2 - Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
                        · Disc 3 - Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D (1982)
                        · Disc 4 - Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) NEW TO BLU-RAY
                        · Disc 5 - Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985) / Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) NEW TO BLU-RAY
                        · Disc 6 - Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) / Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) NEW TO BLU- RAY
                        · Disc 7 - Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) / Jason X (2002) NEW TO BLU-RAY
                        · Disc 8 - Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
                        · Disc 9 - Friday the 13th (2009) (Theatrical Version and "Killer Cut" Extended Version)
                        · Disc 10 - Killer Bonus DVD Disc

Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection (BD)
                        Street Date: September 13, 2013
                        Order Due Date: August 9, 2013
                        Rating: R
                        Pricing: $129.95 SRP
                        Cat. #: 1000408970
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This year got off to a slow start bluray-wise but the announcements are coming thick n fast now.
                          My website Blushots Please visit and take a look :up:
                          Blushots Twitter
                          Me Twitter :up:
                          Letterboxd

Comment

So no new special features? How were the old special edition DVDs? I never picked any of them up. I've always been interested in the deleted gore footage for VII.

Comment

They haven't announced the specs yet, but I'm just hoping they port the old extras over, and an uncut 7 would be nice.

Does anyone else qualify the reboot as a sequel between JgtH and X beside me?
                              EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

Working...
                              X