No announcement yet.

Upcoming Friday The 13th Blu-Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, give us composite cuts! I don't care for this reissue, my old blu-ray metal box will do until they decide to (finally) put out the uncut versions.
    killer must kill again
    Last edited by killer must kill again; 09-04-2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Yeah, I feel like they should try and do a composite with a disclaimer beforehand saying the video quality won't be great and all that stuff.
      I will take a shot in the dark that Paramount is preventing it for whatever reason. It happened when Discoteck Media found the uncut footage from Ebola Syndrome but the license wouldn't allow them to put them back in the movie.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• I just can't believe they destroyed that footage and only vhs-inserts survived. there is always some foreign print that was screened uncut back then in some cinema (like the "dolph punisher" french uncut print they found). I think they're lying, F13 was a very popular franchise and money maker for them. why destroy the uncut footage?

Comment

• Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
          I just can't believe they destroyed that footage and only vhs-inserts survived. there is always some foreign print that was screened uncut back then in some cinema (like the "dolph punisher" french uncut print they found). I think they're lying, F13 was a very popular franchise and money maker for them. why destroy the uncut footage?
          Paramount also despise the franchise. I can see it happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
            Paramount also despise the franchise. I can see it happening.
            For all the money the movie made, Paramount was embarrassed to be associated with them and treated the franchise like they'd rather it went away. They even blocked directors from appealing to the MPAA over the cuts required for R ratings.

Comment

• It's not even necessarily down to Paramount's disdain for the franchise - film elements take up plenty of room and it's not uncommon for extra material to be discarded once the film is complete. I can easily imagine some executive deciding it's not worth paying to store all the negative off-cuts and unused scenes from a low-budget slasher film once the theatrical release is in the rearview mirror. A lot of the time it just comes down to luck whether stuff survives or not.

When Ridley Scott went to make the final cut of Blade Runner he discovered all the unused film and sound elements had been scheduled to be junked over a decade earlier, someone just forgot to add the final signature to the paperwork. And the reason Synapse couldn't release the original cut of Curtains was because the storage company had decided to chuck all the large-format tapes to save space only a few years earlier.

Comment

• I got a little FOMO here but I'm waiting for the UHD release. There just isn't enough to upgrade from the metal box .

Comment

• The new Shout Factory box set is entering the shipping process for all orders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	358894

Comment

• So there are some issues with the Shout! Factory set, a replacement program has been set up.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/blog/fr...t-disc-program
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Any word if they bothered to remaster the uncut gore footage from part 7? I was surprised by how good the VHS for part 2 looked:

Comment

• Beautiful. Alice's death was the biggest surprise for me - very Johnny Boz. If they put the gore back in, I think part 2 would be the best sequel.
                        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Peter Mark Richman from Jason Takes Manhattan has passed away.

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.co...eter-mark.html
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Peter Mark Richman from Jason Takes Manhattan has passed away.

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.co...eter-mark.html
                            Right. Jason drowned him in a barrel of sludge.
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Aw man that's too bad. He's great in that movie. RIP
                              "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Man, he was such a recognizable presence in so much genre television going back to the early 50's (TV series as well as the great 1965 pilot movie DARK INTRUDER). Plus he was in the obscure 1988 horror film JUDGEMENT DAY alongside Monte Markham, an actor with whom I occasionally confused him. RIP.
                                VHS will never die!

Comment

Working...
                                X