• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I disagree.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Puppy Power!
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
        The worst thing about the remake is that the kids are a lot douchier than usual and there's no one to root for.
        I found that to a be a positive for the film. It makes it easier to root for Jason. That said, there are 3 sympathetic characters you feel sorry for. The brother (Clay) searching for his sister (Whitney) and nice girl (Jenna) that for some reason is dating one the biggest douches in slasher history.

The remake is possibly my favorite film in the franchise. It has everything I'm looking for in a mindless slasher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Which is your least favorite Friday the 13th movie?
          Manhattan and Part 3 are near unwatchable for me. Manhattan is too boring and I hate the cast in Part 3. It just too goofy for me. I'm not fond of Jason Lives either but I need to give it another try. I do hate a lot of JGTH but the kills are amazing so I find it sorta worthwhile. I have a hard time getting past how bad Jason looks in JGTH.

If they ever found suitable elements for the extra gore in The New Blood (7), it would sit with parts 4 and the remake as my favorite. I really did Part 2, Jason X and Freddy vs Jason as well.

Comment

• I thought the only douche character was Trent. The guy who was supposed to be a douchebag and was great at playing one. I thought the other characters were likable enough.

Comment

• I agree. Trent was the only real jerk and there's one of those in each entry. If anything he deserves a special slasher award for playing such a great unlikable asshole.

I hate the stoner character. I hate the one in VS FREDDY too. There's always been weed in these movies but it never called attention to itself, it was just a thing partying kids did. But those two characters and their scenes are played too cartoony, like a Cheech and Chong bit.

The remake feels like one of the meaner entries in the series along with Part 5. I put off seeing it for a long time until I finally gave it a shot and ended up liking it just fine. I did the same thing with Part 8 when I was a kid. I believed the negative hype. I completely get it's shortcomings but when I finally watched it it all worked for me. I love the soundtrack and all the characters. Even the goofy not-NYC NYC setting. That it is 100% Canadian makes it feel like more of a slasher to me than the later New Line films.
              "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                I hate the stoner character. I hate the one in VS FREDDY too. There's always been weed in these movies but it never called attention to itself, it was just a thing partying kids did. But those two characters and their scenes are played too cartoony, like a Cheech and Chong bit.
                LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Clark View Post

Comment

• Yeah it's terrible.
                    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post

Hahaha, exactly what I was thinking of. Cracked me right up when he shows, and I actually had to think, holy fuck, was he in F vs J?

I liked Freddy vs. Jason a lot when I saw it (I had tickets to the advanced screening that was actually postponed because of the blackout that happened that day, so I saw it the next day), but it hasn't held up for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                        Hahaha, exactly what I was thinking of. Cracked me right up when he shows, and I actually had to think, holy fuck, was he in F vs J?

I liked Freddy vs. Jason a lot when I saw it (I had tickets to the advanced screening that was actually postponed because of the blackout that happened that day, so I saw it the next day), but it hasn't held up for me.
                        Freddy VS Jason has grown on me. The only knocks against it I have are: CGI gore, Freddy only kills one person in the entire film, and that chick from Destiny's Child was distracting. Otherwise I'd give it an 8 out of 10. It's a great send off to both franchises.

Comment

• Updated specs/extras for the Shout! set...

NEWLY ANNOUNCED BONUS FEATURES FOR THE DEFINITIVE BLU-RAYâ„¢ COLLECTION OF ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR AND ICONIC HORROR FRANCHISES EVER CREATED

FRIDAY THE 13TH COLLECTION (DELUXE EDITION) AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE OCTOBER 13, 2020

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Scream Factory has just announced the full list of exciting and shockingly extensive bonus features that will be included in the Friday the 13th Collection (Deluxe Edition), to be released on October 13th, 2020 (see full list below).

In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the original and groundbreaking 1980 film Friday the 13th, the 16-disc set is the definitive Blu-rayâ„¢ collection of one of the most influential horror franchises ever created and includes all 12 original films from Paramount Pictures and New Line Cinema.

The set includes the ultimate collection of new and existing extras. Along with a selection of new interviews, commentaries, and new transfers, are NEW Slashed Scenes - the long-awaited uncut gore footage from Friday The 13th Part 2, and much, much more.

The Friday The 13th Collection (Deluxe Edition) also contains 2 bonus discs which include over 5 hours of new content, a new collectible rigid slipcover with newly-commissioned art, a new 40-pg collectible essay booklet with archival still photography, and new 4K film transfers for Parts 1-4, with Part 3 in its original 3D presentation. Additionally, each film comes with a dedicated Blu-rayâ„¢ case featuring original theatrical artwork.

The 12 films included in this must-own set are Friday the 13th (1980), Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981), Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982), Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984), Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985), Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986), Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988), Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989), Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993), Jason X (2001), Freddy vs. Jason (2003) and Friday the 13th (Remake) (2009).

Customers purchasing the Friday The 13th Collection (Deluxe Edition) on ScreamFactory.com will receive an exclusive, limited edition 36" x 24" lithograph featuring new artwork from artist Devon Whitehead, and an exclusive, limited edition 24” x 36” Friday the 13th 40th Anniversary poster featuring new artwork from artist Joel Robinson, while supplies last.

The Friday the 13th Collection (Deluxe Edition) is being made at a limited quantity and is available for pre-order now.

Complete List of Bonus Features for Friday The 13th Collection (Deluxe Edition)

DISC 1:

FRIDAY THE 13TH (1980) - R-RATED THEATRICAL VERSION
                          Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio Mono - English SDH
                          NEW 4K scan of the original camera negative
                          U. S. Theatrical Trailer
                          International Theatrical Trailer
                          TV Spot
                          U.S. Radio Spots
                          U.K. Radio Spot
                          Movie Stills Gallery
                          Posters and Lobby Cards Gallery

DISC 2:

FRIDAY THE 13TH (1980) - UNCUT VERSION
                          Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio Mono, 5.1 - English SDH
                          NEW restored original mono track
                          Audio Commentary by director Sean S. Cunningham, screenwriter Victor Miller, actresses Adrienne King and Betsy Palmer, composer Harry Manfredini, editor Bill Freda and assistant editor Jay Keuper, hosted by Peter M. Bracke
                          Fresh Cuts: New Tales from Friday the 13th
                          The Man Behind the Legacy: Sean S. Cunningham
                          Friday the 13th Reunion Panel
                          Lost Tales from Camp Blood - Part 1
                          Vintage Fangoria Magazine Article (BD-Rom)

DISC 3:

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2
                          NEW restored mono track
                          NEW Slashed Scenes - the long-awaited uncut gore footage!
                          NEW Audio Commentary with actress Amy Steel, filmmaker Thommy Hutson and author Peter M. Bracke
                          NEW Audio Commentary with actors Russell Todd, Kirsten Baker, Bill Randolph, Lauren Marie-Taylor, Stu Charno and author Peter M. Bracke
                          NEW My Life with Ginny - a conversation with actress Amy Steel, moderated by Justin Beahm
                          Inside Crystal Lake Memories: The Book
                          Friday's Legacy: Horror Conventions
                          Lost Tales from Camp Blood - Part 2
                          U.S. Theatrical Trailer
                          Japanese Theatrical Trailer
                          TV Spots
                          Radio Spots
                          Movie Stills Gallery
                          Poster and Lobby Cards Gallery

DISC 4:

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3
                          NEW 4K scan from the original camera negative for both the 2-D and 3-D versions of the film
                          NEW restored mono track
                          NEW Blu-Ray 3-D version of the film (To watch the 3D version, you must have a fully capable 3D TV and 3D blu-ray player)
                          Audio Commentary with actors Dana Kimmell, Larry Zerner, Paul Kratka, and Richard Brooker
                          Fresh Cuts: 3-D Terror
                          Lost Tales from Camp Blood - Part 3
                          Theatrical Trailer
                          TV Spots
                          Radio Spots
                          Movie Stills Gallery

DISC 5:

FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE FINAL CHAPTER
                          NEW 4K scan from the original camera negative
                          NEW restored mono track
                          Audio Commentary by director Joe Zito, screenwriter Barney Cohen and editor Joel Goodman
                          Fan Audio Commentary by filmmakers Adam Green and Joe Lynch
                          Slashed Scenes with audio commentary by director Joseph Zito
                          Jason's Unlucky Day: 25 Years After Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
                          The Lost Ending
                          The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited Part I
                          Lost Tales from Camp Blood - Part 4
                          Jimmy's Dead Dance Moves
                          Theatrical Trailer
                          TV Spot
                          Radio Spots
                          Movie Stills Gallery

DISC 6:

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART V: A NEW BEGINNING
                          NEW restored mono track
                          NEW Audio Commentary with Melanie Kinnaman, Deborah Voorhees, Tiffany Helm and author Peter M. Bracke
                          NEW Fan Audio Commentary by filmmakers Adam Green and Joe Lynch
                          Audio Commentary by director/co-screenwriter Danny Steinmann, actors John Shepherd and Shavar Ross
                          Lost Tales of Camp Blood - Part 5
                          The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited Part II
                          New Beginnings: The Making of Friday the 13th Part V
                          Theatrical Trailer
                          TV Spots
                          Movie Stills Gallery
                          Poster and Lobby Cards Gallery

DISC 7:

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES
                          Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio Stereo, 5.1 - English SDH
                          NEW restored stereo track
                          NEW Audio Commentary with Thom Mathews, Vincent Guastaferro, Kerry Noonan, Cynthia Kania, C.J. Graham and author Peter M. Bracke
                          NEW Fan Audio Commentary by filmmakers Adam Green, Joe Lynch and writer/director Tom McLoughlin
                          Audio Commentary with writer/director Tom McLoughlin
                          Audio Commentary With writer/director Tom McLoughlin, actor Vincent Guastaferro and editor Bruce Green
                          Lost Tales from Camp Blood - Part 6
                          The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited Part III
                          Jason Lives: The Making of Friday the 13th: Part VI
                          Meeting Mr. Voorhees - alternate ending storyboards
                          Slashed Scenes
                          Theatrical Trailer
                          TV Spots
                          Still Gallery

DISC 8:

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD
                          NEW restored stereo track
                          Audio Commentary with director John Carl Buechler and actor Kane Hodder
                          Audio Commentary with director John Carl Buechler and actors Lar Park Lincoln and Kane Hodder
                          Jason's Destroyer: The Making of Friday the 13th Part VII
                          Mind Over Matter: The Truth About Telekinesis
                          Makeover by Maddy: Need A Little Touch-Up Work, My A**
                          Slashed Scenes with introduction
                          Theatrical Trailer
                          TV Spot
                          Movie Stills Gallery
                          Poster and Behind-the-Scenes photos

DISC 9:

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN
                          Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio Stereo, 5.1 - SDH
                          Audio Commentary with director Rob Hedden
                          Audio Commentary with actors Scott Reeves, Jensen Daggett and Kane Hodder
                          New York Has A New Problem: The Making of Friday the 13th Part VIII - Jason Takes Manhattan
                          Slashed Scenes
                          Gag Reel
                          Theatrical Trailer
                          TV Spots
                          Movie Stills Gallery
                          Posters and Behind-the-Scenes gallery

DISC 10:

JASON GOES TO HELL - R-RATED THEATRICAL VERSION
                          NEW 2K scan of the interpositive
                          NEW Introduction by director Adam Marcus
                          Theatrical Trailer
                          TV Spots
                          Movie Stills Gallery
                          Posters and Behind-the-Scenes Gallery
                          A look at the Friday the 13th Prop Museum Book

DISC 11:

JASON GOES TO HELL - UNCUT VERSION
                          NEW 2K scan of the interpositive with HD inserts
                          NEW Introduction by director Adam Marcus
                          NEW The Gates of Hell - an interview with director Adam Marcus
                          NEW Jason vs. Terminator - Adam Marcus on growing up with the Cunninghams
                          NEW íœber-Jason - an interview with Kane Hodder on playing Jason
                          NEW Audio Commentary with director Adam Marcus and author Peter M. Bracke
                          Additional TV footage with NEW optional Audio Commentary with director Adam Marcus and author Peter M. Bracke
                          Audio Commentary with director Adam Marcus and screenwriter Dean Lorey

DISC 12:

JASON X
                          NEW 2K scan of the interpositive
                          NEW Introduction by Kane Hodder
                          NEW Audio Commentary with writer Todd Farmer and author Peter M. Bracke
                          NEW Outta Space: The Making of JASON X - featuring interviews with producers Noel Cunningham and Sean S. Cunningham, actor Kane Hodder and writer Todd Farmer
                          NEW In Space No One Can Hear You Scream - an interview with writer Todd Farmer
                          NEW Kristi is A Headbanger - an interview with actress Kristi Angus
                          NEW Jason Rebooted - Sean S. Cunningham on Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X
                          Audio Commentary with director Jim Isaac, writer Todd Farmer and producer Noel Cunningham
                          The Many Lives of Jason Voorhees - a documentary on the history of Jason
                          By Any Means Necessary: The Making of Jason X - Making-of/production documentary
                          Club Reel
                          Vintage cast and crew interviews
                          Behind-the-Scenes footage
                          Electronic Press Kit - cast and crew interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
                          Theatrical Trailers
                          TV Spots
                          Movie Stills Gallery
                          Posters and Behind-the-Scenes Gallery

DISC 13:

FREDDY VS. JASON
                          Audio: Dolby TrueHD 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1 EX - English SDH
                          Audio Commentary by director Ronny Yu, actors Robert Englund and Ken Kirzinger
                          21 Deleted/Alternate Scenes, Including the Original Opening and Ending with optional commentary by director Ronny Yu and executive producer Douglas Curtis
                          Genesis: Development Hell
                          On Location: Springwood Revisited
                          On Location: Cabin Fever
                          Art Direction: Jason's Decorating Tips
                          Stunts: When Push Comes to Shove
                          Make-up Effects: Freddy's Beauty Secrets
                          Visual Effects Exploration
                          My Summer Vacation: A Visit to Camp Hackenslash
                          Pre-fight press conference at Bally's Casino in Las Vegas
                          Music Video: Ill Nino "How Can I Live"
                          Theatrical Trailer
                          TV Spots

DISC 14:

FRIDAY THE 13th (2009)
                          Audio: Dolby TrueHD 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1 - English SDH
                          Terror Trivia Track with Picture-In-Picture featuring comments from the cast and crew
                          The Rebirth of Jason Voorhees - a look at the making of Friday the 13th
                          Hacking Back/Slashing Forward - remembering the groundbreaking original movie
                          Slashed Scenes
                          The Best 7 Kills

DISC 15:

BONUS DISC 1:
                          NEW Crystal Lake Confidential - an interview with producer/director Sean S. Cunningham
                          NEW Machete Memories - an interview with producer/director Steve Miner
                          NEW Chicago to Connecticut: The Early Career of Harry Manfredini - an interview with composer Harry Manfredini
                          NEW The Magic Keyboard - Harry Manfredini on scoring Friday the 13th
                          NEW Blood Types - an interview with actor Harry Crosby
                          NEW Once Speared, Twice Shy - an interview with actor Bill Randolph
                          NEW Back to Camp: The Locations of Friday the 13th and Friday the 13th Part 2 hosted by Michael Gingold
                          NEW It Came from the Vaults - an interview with La-La Land Records' Matt Verboys and Michael V. Gerhard and composer Harry Manfredini
                          NEW Finding Friday: On Location of the Friday the 13th Films
                          The Friday the 13th Chronicles - an 8-part featurette on the first 8 films
                          Secrets Galore Behind the Gore - a 3-part featurette on the makeup effects of Part 1, Part 4 and Part 7
                          Crystal Lake Victims Tell All!
                          Tales from the Cutting Room Floor
                          Friday the 13th artifacts and collectibles
                          Jason Forever - Q & A with Ari Lehman, Warrington Gillette, C.J. Graham and Kane Hodder
                          Legacy of the Mask
                          Slasher Films: Going for the Jugular
                          The Friday the 13th Playing Cards Still Gallery
                          Easter Eggs

DISC 16:

BONUS DISC 2:
                          Music Video: Alice Cooper The Man Behind the Mask
                          NEW Alice Lives: Alice Cooper and Friday the 13th Part VI - a look at the music video The Man Behind the Mask featuring interviews with Alice Cooper and director Jeffrey Abelson
                          NEW Legends Never Die - Tom McLoughlin at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery
                          NEW Life, Death and Jason Voorhees - an interview with director Tom McLoughlin
                          NEW The Road to Crystal Lake - an interview with producer Sean S. Cunningham
                          NEW Faceless Evil - Sean S. Cunningham and Jason
                          NEW Jason Was Here: Friday the 13th Part 3 - 6 Locations Then and Now
                          Scream Queens: Horror Heroines Exposed (2014) - including interviews with Adrienne King and Melanie Kinnaman (80 mins.)
                          Slice and Dice: The Slasher Film Forever (2013) - including interviews with Corey Feldman and John Carl Buechler (78 mins.)
                          Trailer Reel - all 12 Friday the 13th trailers in a row
                          FREDDY VS. JASON Storyboards and Production Galleries
                          Friday the 13th (2009) Teaser Trailer
                          Friday the 13th (2009) Theatrical Trailer
                          Friday the 13th (2009) TV Spots
                          Friday the 13th (2009) Electronic Press Kit - interviews with cast and crew, behind-the-Scenes footage
                          Friday the 13th Series Newspaper Ad Still Gallery - vintage newspaper ads for all 12 films
                          Easter Egg
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I want to see the uncut version of 2, but don't give a crap for any of these past 4.

Comment

• I took the footage that guy made of the cut gore scenes from Part 7 and re-edited them back into the movie as best as I can. It was fairly difficult because the video sometimes started mid-action.

I understand you can only do so much with VHS but it would be a god damn shame if they didn't try to put the cut gore back into the movie as it should be.

Comment

• Yeah, I feel like they should try and do a composite with a disclaimer beforehand saying the video quality won't be great and all that stuff.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X