Upcoming Friday The 13th Blu-Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
    Yeah, the wrong place, wrong time victims.
    Banana lady from Part 4 springs to mind.

Comment

This will probably upset Mark, but I really dislike JASON LIVES. It's like a made-for-TV movie that is supposedly funny (besides a few smiles, it's really not) and I fucking hate how Jason looks in this, especially his tight coveralls. It would be slightly better if the MPAA trims were restored, but as it is, this would probably get a PG-13 today.
      Nah, I don't get upset about people not liking movies that I like. I think that Part VI is the first one I remember seeing entirely; I know that I saw part IV prior, but unsure if it was the whole film. In any event, a lot of the Friday films are classic, but they're few and far between.

Jason X at least tried to do something a little different; the remake went the same route as every other remake, creating a bland-looking slasher that looks like every other slasher remake.

And MAD TV was garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        Nah, I don't get upset about people not liking movies that I like. I think that Part VI is the first one I remember seeing entirely; I know that I saw part IV prior, but unsure if it was the whole film. In any event, a lot of the Friday films are classic, but they're few and far between.

Jason X at least tried to do something a little different; the remake went the same route as every other remake, creating a bland-looking slasher that looks like every other slasher remake.

And MAD TV was garbage.
        I don't either but it still perplexes me. I like part 6 but I'd place it as my 3rd favorite after Final Chapter and Remake respectively. Jason X is just dumb bad. And I hate movies like that. Obnoxiously dumb that revel in their dumbness and using it as a shield against criticism.

Mad TV in its prime was awesome.

"Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
          I don't either but it still perplexes me. I like part 6 but I'd place it as my 3rd favorite after Final Chapter and Remake respectively. Jason X is just dumb bad. And I hate movies like that. Obnoxiously dumb that revel in their dumbness and using it as a shield against criticism.

Mad TV in its prime was awesome.

Never understood the attraction. Was pretty excited when it was announced that they were doing a MAD TV, and tried to like it. I just thought it was a crappy SNL ripoff with shittier production values.

Comment

• You have to watch it beyond season 1, mang. It found it's footing after that.

This is now a Mad TV thread.

Comment

• I hated Mad TV at first but I absolutely loved the later seasons. I hate SNL except for the classic stuff.
              "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Comment

• It'd be hilarious if Mr. Show hadn't already done it years earlier. The MAD TV skit is only funny because they get to say gabagool.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	MAD-Magazine-Friday-13th.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	358597

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mad-Magazine-Don-Martin-One-Lucky-Morning-on-Friday-the-13th_5735ee08dba156.28190230.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	358596

Shirley they must've parodied it at some point but I couldn't find any.

Comment

• Both of those skits are hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                        It'd be hilarious if Mr. Show hadn't already done it years earlier. The MAD TV skit is only funny because they get to say gabagool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          But it's hard to beat the through line of 1-4.
                          This is the bottom line. Imagine if the series really ended after 4? It would be fondly remembered as a classic series, even with the admittedly stupid resurrection of Jason in Part 2 (as per Savini's comment in CRYSTAL LAKE MEMORIES). I actually kinda hate Paramount for doing Part 5, particularly after Joe Zito delivered an exceptional final installment for them. After FINAL CHAPTER it's just shameless exploitation, and although I enjoy some of them to an extent, it's just a wildly uneven, bullshit series that simply cannot be taken seriously.
                          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

This is the bottom line. Imagine if the series really ended after 4? It would be fondly remembered as a classic series, even with the admittedly stupid resurrection of Jason in Part 2 (as per Savini's comment in CRYSTAL LAKE MEMORIES). I actually kinda hate Paramount for doing Part 5, particularly after Joe Zito delivered an exceptional final installment for them. After FINAL CHAPTER it's just shameless exploitation, and although I enjoy some of them to an extent, it's just a wildly uneven, bullshit series that simply cannot be taken seriously.
                            Nostalgia for 6 aside, I agree!

Comment

• The series started as a cheap cash grab and shameless exploitation. Sean Cunningham only made it because of the success of Halloween and saw dollar signs. He was smart enough to grab Tom Savini and let him riff on the gory set pieces. There was no "dignity" to the series. Paramount never looked at it with a sense of pride. Steve Miner giving direction to the Jason actor in part 3 when asked was like "You're the shark in Jaws! A mindless killer! Leave me the fuck alone!"

No one gave a fuck.
                              Alex K.
                              Last edited by Alex K.; 07-16-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Maybe there should be a Mad TV thread...
                                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
                                X