Brandon Cronenberg's Possessor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
    . The apple definitely didn't fall far from the tree.
    Indeed. What he may lack though is his dads desire to entertain.

I wonder if this was shot on 80s film stock, had a synth score and starred James Woods whether I'd like it more... Objectively it's got a lot that's interesting. I struggled with it for the first 45 minutes though.

When it was revealed that the mission was to kill Sean Bean I thought, shit, this is going to be a short movie. If the last 30 years have taught us anything it's that Sean Bean is very killable. After thats done it gets interesting.

I probably won't watch it again though. Its not a huge amount of fun. Its has a British tv aesthetic as well that I struggle with. Don't like to look at it. Don't like to listen to it. Still thought it was pretty good.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I saw this yesteday, and I felt it was all right. I might even strech as far as to say it was good, but with issues.

The premise and style and gore are all good. Visually it was very good, excellent photography. But it was slow and some of the acting was a bit off. I kept thinking that the story sort of focused on the wrong aspects of the scenario and didn't go deep enough into the ones it did focus on.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I was meh on it. It was okay.

Comment

Turbine now has a UHD option.

https://turbine-shop.de/32609/posses...lu-ray-blu-ray

Click image for larger version

Name:	4260669611368_600x600.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	408154
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I liked this a lot. I checked out Antiviral after seeing this and thought that was good as well.

Looking forward to his new one, Infinity Pool.

Comment

yup, definitely check out antiviral if you even remotely liked possessor. totally worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                I liked this a lot. I checked out Antiviral after seeing this and thought that was good as well.

Looking forward to his new one, Infinity Pool.
                I fully agree!
                The first time I watched ANTIVIRAL I didn't like it much. The second time I loved it. I liked both movies much better than daddy Cronenberg's latest film I must admit.
                Oh, and btw, the third time I watched it (after a couple of years) I had my big tv screen set to black & white and didn't even notice it when I saw the film. The coldness of the film worked perfectly well in black and white!!
                2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Details on the Second Sight release.

Name:	p1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	336.2 KB
ID:	427138

Name:	p2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	180.0 KB