Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce McDonald's Dreamland

Trailer!

“On the orders of his boss, the low-level gangster Hercules (Rollins), hitman Johnny (McHattie) must cut off the pinkie finger of celebrated jazz trumpeter The Maestro (McHattie, again) just before an important, high-profile gig. Seems simple enough, but the gig is a wedding at the fortified palace of crime queen The Countess (Lewis) and Johnny isn't quite feeling it. Hercules is moving up from standard gangster stuff to human trafficking and the reason for the pinky request is more of a slight than anything else. Like all movie hitmen, Johnny is thinking of getting out of the game and this job has convinced him it's time to retire. Throw in The Countess' vampire brother (Tí³mas Lemarquis), his child bride and the wedding from hell, you'll think you've imagined it all, but no, it's just a visit to Dreamland.”

Source.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

McHattie....in.

Comment

He offsets the Juliette Lewis factor for you? haha.

I actually think this looks pretty good. McHattie is rad (Come To Daddy confirmed that for me last week).
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Purely based on the trailer, this looks like a bit of an overdose of self-aware quirkery, but... re-watched 'Pontypool' a few months ago and it still holds up as one of the best horror films of the past few decades (due at least in part to McHattie's performance), so, yes - I will be making an effort to put this in front of my eyes & ears and we'll see what happens.
        https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
        http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          He offsets the Juliette Lewis factor for you? haha.

I actually think this looks pretty good. McHattie is rad (Come To Daddy confirmed that for me last week).
          To be determined Haha

Comment

This looks like the kind of flick that could have been a lot of fun with a festival audience. Does anyone else remember film festivals? I liked those.

Comment

New trailer. Getting a VOD release 6/5/20.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
              X